What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getaway HS2

It's hard to tell by the picture for the side rail ,if the rail is pulled apart or there is some of the plastic coating is missing . If it is pulled apart then it could be a simple take it of the playfield squirt PVA glue in the joint and tap the ends ( clamp ) in order to bring the joint together again . If any of the plastic coating is missing them I would use chemical metal to fill the joint plus it is a blackish sort of colour ,but it is Messy .

It's hard to tell by the picture for the side rail ,if the rail is pulled apart or there is some of the plastic coating is missing . If it is pulled apart then it could be a simple take it of the playfield squirt PVA glue in the joint and tap the ends ( clamp ) in order to bring the joint together again . If any of the plastic coating is missing them I would use chemical metal to fill the joint plus it is a blackish sort of colour ,but it is Messy .
Thanks dude. It's snapped right through the wood, one side tuther... :-(

Thanks dude. It's snapped right through the wood, one side tuther... :-(
Cool !
As above just stand it up and tap it down with your hammer just make sure you a line all the fibres in the correct spot , you know like when you snap a pencil in half and try to make it whole again , or is that just me :suspect:

Cool !
As above just stand it up and tap it down with your hammer just make sure you a line all the fibres in the correct spot , you know like when you snap a pencil in half and try to make it whole again , or is that just me :suspect:
Will do!

Mirror mirror on the (side) wall..... Happy with these... Freddys Pinball in Germany did me proud.

IMG_20200123_214917.jpg

Seeing as the decals were all peeling off the sides I thought I'd go for a permanent fixing rather than messy sanding down the paint to make new ones stick.

Be nice when power and fliptronic boards are back in and I dare to turn it on after the weekend! Heh

Boards all back from @myPinballs (thanks as always for getting them done so quickly!)

Resistor board and motor fix first.

Hacked been rectified on the back of the board so it's now factory. Out to the new motor.

IMG_20200131_184122.jpg

Popped this incorrect 12v DC motor out. It seems that both motor and gear box are a good match, definately a pair. I wonder if there is another machine that uses a DC motor and this gearbox, that this came from?

IMG_20200131_184656.jpg

Old gear box unscrews from underneath, couple of small screw. And unscrew the beacon reflector from above.

IMG_20200131_185518.jpg

New motor and gearbox in, so fingers crossed!

Just got to wire it in now. That's the current challenge, as the wires were cut off the old one, so close to the plug, I've got nothing to play with.

I think I've got a Molex pin removal tool somewhere, best go find that...IMG_20200131_190111.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_185524.jpg
    IMG_20200131_185524.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 10
If ever there was an example of the right tool for the right job, a Molex removal tool is it!

IMG_20200131_192604.jpgIMG_20200131_192656.jpg
IMG_20200131_193117.jpg

Generally, everything has come up ok. We now have Pinsound and new speakers, @myPinballs power board for mods, correct ac motor, resistor board back to factory, fliptronic board transistors fixed after I wired the flippers badly, new 230v instead of 118v (?), Rogue ground floating wire is now wired as it should be from factory, new nvram instead of battery.and new ASIC to test if it kills irritating sound.

Last thing...DMD has vertical lines now...IMG_20200131_231916.jpg

Tried reseating the ribbon cable?
I'll give that a go in the morning. You mean the big one? I have an issue because of pinsound with that. Pinsound wants it a certain orientation that doesn't work with the replacement ribbon. I need an original ribbon cable..I think..

First time I've seen it. A lot has changed in one go, not ideal...

I tend to test each thing I do in isolation, rather than change several things at once, for exactly this reason.

I’d try reseating the ribbon cable at both ends (remove and reinsert, be very careful to get it back on the pins properly - it’s easy on the ColorDMD end) and see if that cures it.

Yup, wasn't my intention to do so many changes. But you start in on something and then before you know it you're surrounded by new parts and gaffer tape..

I'll try the ribbon tomorrow.. thanks for the suggestion..👍

You might need to do it more than once. I’ve seen it recommended to reseat all the ribbon cables to rule them out, but try the DMD one first.

Given you’ve just has the boards looked at I’d be surprised if it was anything else. I had a ribbon slightly off on my TZ and it caused all kinds of freaky problems.

Right, **** it. I'm going down there to try it now...

Had all ribbons off and back on. Took main ribbon off each board, same issue..

Needs some thought.

I know what you mean about pinsound and the ribbon orientation - you can simply cut the little sticking out but off the cable plug with a knife, the original boards didn’t need this but the pinsound sockets do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vertical lines like that is almost always ribbon cable, may need new ones

I know what you mean about pinsound and the ribbon orientation - you can simply cut the little sticking out but off the cable plug with a knife, the original boards didn’t need this but the pinsound sockets do.

I'll sand it off tomorrow I think. See how we go..

It sounds silly but try reseating the DMD ribbon a couple more times. It can take more than one attempt. Don’t do it with the machine on.

It's not actually been off, the ribbon from DMD board to screen.

Everything else has tho!

I have IJ with colour DMD and pinsound. Occasionally the DMD display plays up - every time it is the ribbon cable to the DMD, reseat at both ends, if it doesnt cure it, then I re-reseat it, and its curred. Must admit it hasnt happened for a while. Kiss of death that is, saying that!

It used to happen when I moved the machine, or had the backbox open and messing around with other stuff, so pretty sure all my issues were caused by a loosening of the cable.

It's not actually been off, the ribbon from DMD board to screen.

Everything else has tho!

No wonder the fault is still showing... you took everything else off but the cable that mattered. To re-seat cables, you should pull off and put back on a few times at each end. Make sure you don't put it back on incorrectly or you'll have other issues to deal with..!

If it doesn't clear then repeat the exercise two or three times and if it still hasn't cleared then inspect the cable thoroughly to decide if the cable needs replacing.

I can’t see how it can be anything other than the ribbon cable(s). The boards have been recently inspected, the ColorDMD isn’t likely to go wrong, which leaves the signal.

Last edited:
Like others have said ribbon cables is most likely the issue for this lines problem. We've been through all the boards now. I would double check you haven't accidentally bent a pin on one of the large ribbon headers etc or the one from the dmd to the colourdmd has got dislodged/not pushed in all the way. Also its easy to accidentally mis-align the secondary dmd one (from cpu to dmd) especially at the cpu end.

Soooo.. The main ribbon cable...When seated correctly makes the display come good. But definitely some issues in there now with animations. I think its because this Pinsound needs the ribbon cable "the wrong way round" for the newer updated ribbon cable. I cant really explain it very well..

IMG_20200201_094458.jpg

You can see the notch needs to be tuther way round in that picture.

IMG_20200201_094507.jpg

But as you can see from the cable, it wants to be the other way...if you see what I mean.

Anyway, no bother..I'll have a check and check again. I can get the lines to go if I Jimmy the cable into the pinsound, but I lose the sound

I'll figure it out 😁 sound and display used to work before so sure it will once again 👍

Back
Top Bottom