What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getaway HS2 Mods - New table questions

Great game the getaway it was my first pin. Hers a few pics of mine so you can see a few different mods, none of witch I have done as I brought it like this
3C8756C1-41B9-4F4A-9540-A1C34B3FEC96.jpeg

Attachments

• EE3F1564-721A-4BF5-B98D-C4165DF4E184.jpeg
    EE3F1564-721A-4BF5-B98D-C4165DF4E184.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 682607CD-F01B-43BF-9F90-E7E006B497B3.jpeg
    682607CD-F01B-43BF-9F90-E7E006B497B3.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 27
  • CC6B26EF-C907-4FA8-8692-001AF1C2FD59.jpeg
    CC6B26EF-C907-4FA8-8692-001AF1C2FD59.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 28
Great game the getaway it was my first pin. Hers a few pics of mine so you can see a few different mods, none of witch I have done as I brought it like this
View attachment 137954
Some nice mods there. From what I can see:
-Black rails, did you get them powder coated?
- Helicopter, is it illuminated or move? If so how did you do it?
- Different traffic light and supercharger signs?
- Road and car leading into Donut
- Donut Heaven, I'm in the middle of 3d printing one, but mine has a smooth roof. Does it have additional lighting inside?

Anything else I've missed, they look great, would be interested to know what you've connected to animate or light up.

Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Some nice mods there. From what I can see:
-Black rails, did you get them powder coated?
- Helicopter, is it illuminated or move? If so how did you do it?
- Different traffic light and supercharger signs?
- Road and car leading into Donut
- Donut Heaven, I'm in the middle of 3d printing one, but mine has a smooth roof. Does it have additional lighting inside?

Anything else I've missed, they look great, would be interested to know what you've connected to animate or light up.

Looks great, thanks for sharing.

I do know the siderails are in chrome as I helped Andy to fit them.
the helicopter blades used to turn but has stopped working so is now a ornament.
the previous owner who is a member on here did a great job on the playfield.
The homemade stadium lights really help the look.

Look forward to that one, I suppose you 3D printed the plastics for the lights to sit in ?

No [mention]Colywobbles [/mention] laser cuts them out of Perspex.

Between a us we are making kits available - check out the ad:

A quick favour from a HS2 owner - can you send me a pic of what’s on Connector J132?

I have a red with white stripe wire that I think goes on it - not sure, or what pin. Thx

1620606304813.png

This is mine - nothing on that connector. The schematic shows it connected to a few drivers on the solenoid driver board but looks like unused? Certainly in my machine but I would happily be corrected.

1620606546043.png

I do have a thin red/grey wire at the top of the board on J106 - it 'looks' red/white at first glance?

You can see a thick red/white on the connector below it J107?

1620606973645.png

Many thanks - that’s really helpful. I’ve got a bit of non standard wiring going on there I think. Will take a close look at what’s going where.

Thanks again

A nice easy mod for my Getaway.
I've not done the LEDs, where is the best place to get power to add some light inside the donut heaven mod?

The White LED that you mention in you vid is a GI light - which is an AC power source. Most LED’s will need a DC power source - unless they have a built in rectifier like the Comet GI LED’s do.

You can tap into the flasher (bigger bulb that sits near the upper right flipper), but you need to make sure the LED’s you use will be ok it the power rating from the flasher - you’ll very likely need a resistor to prevent blowing the LED. Obviously the LED will flash when the flasher flashes (if that makes sense?)

You can tap into the driver board in the backbox. Grabbing 5V or 12V from there is quite easy.

Shameless plug - but you could buy one of my LED driver boards - let you install individually addressable LED’s - and control them via WiFi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The White LED that you mention in you vid is a GI light - which is an AC power source. Most LED’s will need a DC power source - unless they have a built in rectifier like the Comet GI LED’s do.

You can tap into the flasher (bigger bulb that sits near the upper right flipper), but you need to make sure the LED’s you use will be ok it the power rating from the flasher - you’ll very likely need a resistor to prevent blowing the LED. Obviously the LED will flash when the flasher flashes (if that makes sense?)

You can tap into the driver board in the backbox. Grabbing 5V or 12V from there is quite easy.

Shameless plug - but you could buy one of my LED driver boards - let you install individually addressable LED’s - and control them via WiFi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, interested in your LED driver boards can you send me info or post a link here? I was considering running an independent led setup with its own power but ideally wanted it to respond to the game.

What does GI stand for? There are a few of those which are throughout the table that are quite distracting. I'm guessing they haven't been swapped to LED for that reason.

Next mod is going to be Tilt!Audio when I get some spare time to build the board up.

GI means General Illumination... there are many lights that have a single control that generally illuminates the playfield and backbox.

My board was in the Classified Ads section - Parts For Sale... I just realise that section has gone!! No wonder they we're flying off the shelf!

I first mentioned it on this link: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/today-i-worked-on.39368/post-390663

There are a few left - £45 inc VAT and shipping. I have some strips of Individually addressable LED lights (38 lights per strip - which can be cut down to size with scissors). They are £8 extra when bought with the board.

@Colywobbles also used it to make a cool speaker light system - that post is here: https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/today-i-worked-on.39368/post-395326

If you'd like to use the board to light your Doughnut Heaven and speaker lights (and anything else for that matter), you can buy a speaker light package for £75 (https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...d-wifi-app-controlled-addressable-leds.49394/). You can add other lights in a "daisy chain" effect - to control your Speaker Lights and Doughnut Heaven. Hope all that makes sense?

Back
Top Bottom