What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Garage Conversion

That’s what I like to see another honda family,
Thanks! Because I live in Swindon everyone just assumed I worked at the Honda plant 🤣

My second car was a Civic and I haven't moved off them since. The engines never break tbh in my 20 or so years of driving I've only had one problem (turbo went) and Honda replaced it FOC even though it was a 6 year old car!

Just make sure you get the games on a RCBO for the area you’ve extended to

Just make sure you get the games on a RCBO for the area you’ve extended to
Yup thanks for checking Neil, one of the first things we asked. Wanted this on its own circuit due to all the planned ampage :D

More progress today!

Drive way stone being laid down.

PXL_20211124_101631416.jpg

Skirting is in situ but not nailed down so we can place flooring underneath when we go to install.

PXL_20211124_150038830.jpg

New door 'hole' has been cut for easier pinball access! I think the door goes in tomorrow/Friday.

PXL_20211124_150033321.jpg

The window is going to be HUUUGGGEEE

PXL_20211124_150107681.jpg

Room is at 80% humidity so I put in our dehumidifier and electrical heater to help dry things up.

Solar is being pants at the moment. Weather is rubbish, barely producing over 0.5kW.

Last edited:
Is it just me who only sees half the pictures in this thread? Lots are black with a no entry symbol on them
Thanks for spotting this. Looks like when I just clipboard pasted the images in, they appeared fine in my logged in session. However when I opened another browser session via incognito all the images which had been clipboard pasted in were bodged and didn't work. I've gone back through the posts and I think I've got all of them!

Thanks for spotting this. Looks like when I just clipboard pasted the images in, they appeared fine in my logged in session. However when I opened another browser session via incognito all the images which had been clipboard pasted in were bodged and didn't work. I've gone back through the posts and I think I've got all of them!

I wonder if everyone else was thinking the same but didn't want to say😂

I look forward to seeing the full story now👍🏻😁

Reactions: Jib
Looks like its progressing quickly! Are you going for downlighters? Im starting to think about converting our garage (the disease is spreading!) and all the things I need to think about. I usually play with the light on but thought downlighters in the wrong position might cause too much reflection?

Also have you decided what youre doing up the window? I’ve got black out blinds in the pin room atm but might go for something that lets more light through if we do the garage. I have no idea how much filtered but not direct sunlight is damaging 🤔

Last edited:
I wonder if everyone else was thinking the same but didn't want to say😂

I look forward to seeing the full story now👍🏻😁
Was the same for me and didnt mention it as no one else had. Thought it may have been some ad blocking stuff I have on if the images were being hosted offsite.

Looks like its progressing quickly! Are you going for downlighters? Im starting to think about converting our garage (the disease is spreading!) and all the things I need to think about. I usually play with the light on but thought downlighters in the wrong position might cause too much reflection?

Also have you decided what youre doing up the window? I’ve got black out blinds in the pin room atm but might go for something that lets a more light through if we do the garage. I have no idea how much filtered but not direct sunlight is damaging 🤔

So we have a local guy who used to work for Hilary Blinds. He did our upstair and Living room windows. Eventually when cash flow permits I'll get him to do the Pinball room (haha first time I get to call it that!)

PXL_20211124_165848871.jpg

Its spot lighting for the PInball machines. All my current machines have 'Stern HD' or Non reflective glass so It doesn't really affect me.

If you do it, be prepared for whopper bills. This work is costing me way more than I bargained for...

Unless you live in some remote location where people don't take the **** for labour/materials of course.

Ours is only a single garage so will be a little cheaper than yours…hopefully. Our first hurdle is getting permission from the builders as it has a restrictive covenant for 5 years.

We can keep the garage door to get around that but I’d like to make it a proper living space with a window from the outset rather than have the hassle of rectifying that in 5 years.

Hmm how are you heating that room? With such a big window I expect it will need something chunky?

Hmm how are you heating that room? With such a big window I expect it will need something chunky?
For now a 2200 KW electric heater..

Not ideal as it's expensive to run. To compensate I went down thick foil insulation for the flooring both under the cement and underlay. Thick acoustic insulation for the walls.

Best way to have a clear garage is park a car in it.
I literally know no one that does this :D

I think the statistics are 30% of the UK actually use their garage for vehicles.

More than happy that I've got another drive space at the front now. :D I think I could squeeze 4 cars in total now.

Solar's fairing a lot better today.

Heaters working over time inside the garage/Pinball Room.

bettersolar.png

I literally know no one that does this :D

I think the statistics are 30% of the UK actually use their garage for vehicles.

More than happy that I've got another drive space at the front now. :D I think I could squeeze 4 cars in total now.
I'm able to do it. My old Civic FN2 used to live in the garage and now we squeeze our Nissan Pulsar in.

We have no driveway and it's all on street parking round my way, so having a small enough car to put in a garage is a big bonus as we can never guarantee we'll find a spot on the road.

Back
Top Bottom