What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Garage Conversion

Latex went down today, final bit of masonary work should be concluded for outside tomorrow.

Will leave to set for about 10 days then look to begin the paint work/flooring. Nearly there!

PXL_20211129_165702749 (1).jpg

Is that the self leveling epoxy? I am having this done next sat! (final thing to be done on my garage conversion)

Some more progress today.

Did a base coat on some of the walls.

PXL_20211204_180624188.jpg

PXL_20211204_180700848.jpg

PXL_20211204_180646948.jpg

PXL_20211204_180616923.jpg

What are you thinking of for flooring?
Got wood effect laminate flooring high travel to make it a bit more durable.

Its just easier for me to lay as it click fit.

should have the flooring with by about next week.

Second coat in.

Dehumidifier was working over time last night.

PXL_20211205_095612812.jpg

IMG-20211205-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20211205-WA0002.jpeg

Still got to second gloss the door frame and the skirting boards... long day.

Reactions: Jib
Would recommend using a good sound reducing underlay. Screwfix do a fairly good one. And don't put skirting on first 😉

Will that help with echo? I can’t decide on flooring, the rest of downstairs has all the same amtico so that would look good but worried about the echo so thinking maybe low pile carpet
Quality used carpet tiles, I paid £1 a tile instead of £7 from a guy in Reading and never looked back. Perfect👌

I’m looking into this for my little arcade corner on my garage lol, how do you stick them down? Do they move if you drag or roll machines over the, only need like 2.5x5m

I’m looking into this for my little arcade corner on my garage lol, how do you stick them down? Do they move if you drag or roll machines over the, only need like 2.5x5m
I got the tiles I used in my cabin and garage from here:

I went with the T31 range for a balance between price and durability and also bought the Ze-Tac tackifier from them for laying. No movement at all on mine but bear in mind I was laying onto wood (pine floorboards in the cabin and flooring boards in the garage).

Mine are stuck down straight onto a screed floor, no issues at all and the hydraulic scissor lift rolls along nicely.
You can still lift them off individually if you need to but never had to myself.

Mine are stuck down straight onto a screed floor, no issues at all and the hydraulic scissor lift rolls along nicely.
You can still lift them off individually if you need to but never had to myself.
Yeah these would be just on top of a resin floor, do they stick by them self or need some sort of adhesive?

{
Yeah these would be just on top of a resin floor, do they stick by them self or need some sort of adhesive?
You paste an adhesive down, we used the one advised by the tile manufacturer. Can still be lifted but they do not move even when sliding pins about.

{

You paste an adhesive down, we used the one advised by the tile manufacturer. Can still be lifted but they do not move even when sliding pins about.
Yeah they sound pretty good, you got a link?

Yeah they sound pretty good, you got a link?
Was on EBay and can’t find who it was from but there are loads of used carpet tiles on there to be had, just check out what they want and the actual cost new. Get the best quality you can and all will ge good👍
Guy in Reading was in the stix and was in a barn that he was trying to get planning permission to turn into a house. He stripped offices.
Buy extra as you will get the odd one that has more wear that was at an entrance for example.

carpet tiles I think are fantastic, I wasn't certain about them but they stop the games being like ski machines, they dampen the sound and echo and you can change them out, just glue the tiles closest to the wall and put the rest in loose.

Well, it was bound to happen. The window is delayed. Not arriving now till the 14th. Not best pleased as it leaves everything tight for Xmas.

Hopefully this date sticks...

Well, it was bound to happen. The window is delayed. Not arriving now till the 14th. Not best pleased as it leaves everything tight for Xmas.

Hopefully this date sticks...
I find with these things, you just need to put a pin in it and move on.

Seriously, you'll be in for Xmas :) fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom