What's new

Games rooms!

Carl Spiby

Registered
My Gara... I mean games room has a modest 2 machines at present, @cooldan's Fishtales is nice and snug in the spare room.

Currently, its just a garage, with cardboard strewn all over the floor and 2 pinball machines in it, it also has a washing machine and freezer. Theres room for 2 more pinballs but the garage door would collide with the top of the back box when opened :(

Could I just stick carpet tiles straight on to a concrete floor or should it be insulated first?

1401318_10152434997444047_3197607464562473755_o.jpg

Im my last house I just put cheap carpet over the concrete garage floor and that was fine, certainly better than nothing at all. Now, I have lino on the floor, with thick commercial carpet tiles on top which has made a huge difference.

Carl, re; opening the garage door, do you have another way into your garage? I had a side door put into ours (wide enough for a pin to go through easily) and insulated and boarded up the large garage door on the inside.

Cheers,

Mark

Im my last house I just put cheap carpet over the concrete garage floor and that was fine, certainly better than nothing at all. Now, I have lino on the floor, with thick commercial carpet tiles on top which has made a huge difference.

Carl, re; opening the garage door, do you have another way into your garage? I had a side door put into ours (wide enough for a pin to go through easily) and insulated and boarded up the large garage door on the inside.

Cheers,

Mark
Just an internal door from the kitchen, would make it a bit awkward really, I guess I will just have to get new doors in time.

My gara.... oops games room has 4 pins and a mame upright cab, plus a large highly detailed scenic scalextric layout( still in progress) but looks amazing.
On the floor are foam interlocking tiles from ebay(blue), ceiling/roof was insulated with fibreglass and 5.5mm plyboarded. Some of the walls are insulated and boarded, then painted out. I'll get some pics up 1 day :)

my Tiki Hut is a brick garage that has bamboo in the walls, astroturf on the floor, and a big mirror ball on the ceiling

Back
Top Bottom