What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Games rooms!

Carl Spiby

Registered
My Gara... I mean games room has a modest 2 machines at present, @cooldan's Fishtales is nice and snug in the spare room.

Currently, its just a garage, with cardboard strewn all over the floor and 2 pinball machines in it, it also has a washing machine and freezer. Theres room for 2 more pinballs but the garage door would collide with the top of the back box when opened :(

Could I just stick carpet tiles straight on to a concrete floor or should it be insulated first?

1401318_10152434997444047_3197607464562473755_o.jpg

Im my last house I just put cheap carpet over the concrete garage floor and that was fine, certainly better than nothing at all. Now, I have lino on the floor, with thick commercial carpet tiles on top which has made a huge difference.

Carl, re; opening the garage door, do you have another way into your garage? I had a side door put into ours (wide enough for a pin to go through easily) and insulated and boarded up the large garage door on the inside.

Cheers,

Mark

Im my last house I just put cheap carpet over the concrete garage floor and that was fine, certainly better than nothing at all. Now, I have lino on the floor, with thick commercial carpet tiles on top which has made a huge difference.

Carl, re; opening the garage door, do you have another way into your garage? I had a side door put into ours (wide enough for a pin to go through easily) and insulated and boarded up the large garage door on the inside.

Cheers,

Mark
Just an internal door from the kitchen, would make it a bit awkward really, I guess I will just have to get new doors in time.

My gara.... oops games room has 4 pins and a mame upright cab, plus a large highly detailed scenic scalextric layout( still in progress) but looks amazing.
On the floor are foam interlocking tiles from ebay(blue), ceiling/roof was insulated with fibreglass and 5.5mm plyboarded. Some of the walls are insulated and boarded, then painted out. I'll get some pics up 1 day :)

my Tiki Hut is a brick garage that has bamboo in the walls, astroturf on the floor, and a big mirror ball on the ceiling

Back
Top Bottom