What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Games Room of the Year UK - £3k prize

Where do they buy their stock from?

Anyone willing to sell to them at a guess?! ;) I just don't see a problem with people buying a machine at a price the seller is, at that point in time, happy with, and selling it at a higher price to a different market. I don't think they go round in a van strong arming people into selling like an illegal Chinese organ donor van...

Personally I like my gamesroom, as I think squeezing around 85 machines into a 3 bedroom house is pretty impressive, but I guess that's not going to win me a prize.

I guess they want to see a virtual pin at one end of a long room, next to a roaring open fire place, £1000 piece of artwook on the wall, pool table at the other end of the room with 3 meters space all the way round :rofl:

Aye, the irony being the most impressive games room is likely owned by someone well off and not in need of the £3k prize. Don't suppose they would be interested in a couple of pins in my garage

£3000 for a picture of a gamesroom.
Still don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm thick.
they probably want to make an aspirational flipbook that they use to sell the idea of a 'gamesroom' to the thick and wealthy. Bit like the Argos catalogue, but better (which admittedly, isn't too hard to beat).

"Look what you could have! Here's what some other more creatively minded people have already done. We'll sell you that. Buy our things."

I've seen some jaw dropping games rooms but they belong to people who don't go to shows,league meets or post on forums. They lock machines away for no one to enjoy apart from themselves.

although not a gamesroom Archer Mcleans warehouse made my jaw drop. Id only ever seen more coin op machines at Associated Leisure 30,000 sq ft warehouse in the 90s.

Honoured you guys think I would be in with a chance but to me a games room has different stuff like a pool table and an assortment of different arcade stuff, I have a glorified shed full of pinballs, still got to be worth a go for 3k!!! Some of the ones on Pinside, WOW!

I've seen some jaw dropping games rooms but they belong to people who don't go to shows,league meets or post on forums. They lock machines away for no one to enjoy apart from themselves.

I took 12 machines to the last Slam and my BIB (would have taken more but I was transporting 4 other games as well) to NLP last year, just sorting out this years games hopefully. Also have a leigue meet every year even though I don't go to them myself as I am a hopeless player and the most uncompetitive person in the world :)

Aye, the irony being the most impressive games room is likely owned by someone well off and not in need of the £3k prize. Don't suppose they would be interested in a couple of pins in my garage

Most of my machines I have had for 10 years+ so weren't that expensive, from memory I paid £1200 for my CV as an example. @stevebrum would still think that was too much :p Some of the posher games I have I can't sell as I would never pay the prices they fetch, madness.

Luke, that is legendary. Fair play, so,is your wife for putting up with that. I love the neon pacman characters. Where'd you get those

Anyone willing to sell to them at a guess?! ;) I just don't see a problem with people buying a machine at a price the seller is, at that point in time, happy with, and selling it at a higher price to a different market. I don't think they go round in a van strong arming people into selling like an illegal Chinese organ donor van...
So where do they buy their machines from?
They were at the Party.. didn't buy or have a line up for sale. Just seems fishy...like fish.

@lukewells, your house is every pinhead/gamehead's wet dream! You truly are stuck in an ETERNAL YOUTH OF THE EARLY 80s. Authentic arcade look and feel. Love it. EPIC. AWESOME. YOU WIN :D

I currently have around 200 scrap jamma pcbs - unwanted games with anything of value already removed. was thinking of decorating a wall with them and spraying grey to look like a mad scientist workshop. better than the 21p each you get for scrap on them!

Gonna submit a pic of my toilet, I have one wedged in there and have even left the seat up, I guess I should be planning what to do with my 3k

Back
Top Bottom