What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funhouse - Lower GI fuse issue

MartinY

Registered
New issues on my Funhouse. It is blowing fuse F107 (lower GI) - works when I replace the fuse (for a short time) then blows again after a while.

What should I look at first?

Thanks!

So re-checked. When I did the first post, lower PF GI wasn't working. Replaced fuses - then worked. Started game and noticed (after a little while) that the GI was out again. Checked fuses (out of the sockets) and all OK. Checked the fuse I replaced, and it was OK also (I simply replaced the fuse without checking).

So, it's not a fuse. But it is the purple / purple white GI on FUnhouse which if Fuse 106 (not 107) as I said above. That fuse is also OK.

Physical check of the lamp holders and all appear OK. First bulb in the chain doesn't light so it appears to be a full chain problem.

Is it likely an issue on the power board and I by chance moved something when I replaced the fuse?

Check the connectors in and out of the gi circuit. J115 J120 and J121. Both for poor wiring into the IDC and for any dodgy header pins on the board.

Also check reseat the short ribbon cable between the power board and the cpu.

Press home the ASIC square chip on the cpu.

Thanks Andy - that's exactly what it is. J115 - legend. Poor connection on the first pin, ideally need to change.

Thanks for the input!

You’ve checked it and replied within a minute of me posting? Or had you already sorted it? [emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom