Funhouse - Lower GI fuse issue

• Hi Guest,

Want lots of pinball Machines to play in one place??

One low cost price to let you play all of these??

If you Fancy visiting the BIGGEST and BEST Pinball show of 2019 Click Here

(Click the "x" in the top right corner to get rid of this message :D )

MartinY

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2017
Hampshire
New issues on my Funhouse. It is blowing fuse F107 (lower GI ) - works when I replace the fuse (for a short time) then blows again after a while.

What should I look at first?

Thanks!

OP
OP
M

MartinY

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2017
Hampshire
So re-checked. When I did the first post, lower PF GI wasn't working. Replaced fuses - then worked. Started game and noticed (after a little while) that the GI was out again. Checked fuses (out of the sockets) and all OK. Checked the fuse I replaced, and it was OK also (I simply replaced the fuse without checking).

So, it's not a fuse. But it is the purple / purple white GI on FUnhouse which if Fuse 106 (not 107) as I said above. That fuse is also OK.

Physical check of the lamp holders and all appear OK. First bulb in the chain doesn't light so it appears to be a full chain problem.

Is it likely an issue on the power board and I by chance moved something when I replaced the fuse?

pinballmania

Registered
Jul 21, 2011
Check the connectors in and out of the gi circuit. J115 J120 and J121. Both for poor wiring into the IDC and for any dodgy header pins on the board.

Also check reseat the short ribbon cable between the power board and the cpu.

Press home the ASIC square chip on the cpu.

OP
OP
M

MartinY

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2017
Hampshire
Thanks Andy - that's exactly what it is. J115 - legend. Poor connection on the first pin, ideally need to change.

Thanks for the input!