What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Throttle production starts

I don't think anyone has said your trying to rip the UK off. I think it just all stems from you saying ages ago that they will cost a lot less than for America Andrew. I like the rest of us support you infact I'd like an aliens if I ever have the money lol. I still stand by my comment about you only posting over there. I just think it's a shame many of us don't bother going to the dark side anymore so we miss all the updates since you had a huff when not many turned up to you last minute event. I wish you the best about time we had a uk pinball comp even if it's in Wales. Look forward to seeing what else you guys come up with

that was me rude and i would like to apologise to Andy, I was wrong and i have ammended my post and stood in the corner for an hour with my new mantra, stop being an idiot mission :oops::oops::oops:

oh and i hope everything goes great for full throttle

So Andy,

Any UK ops bought machines yet so we can shove some money in one? Looking forward to getting to play a finished version

Congrats on the beginning of production. How I laughed when you told me you were starting a pinball company all those years ago :p With skin thicker than a rhino, the use of a bludgeon and the persistence of a persisty thing - you got there!!

Ops don't want to buy until the game is ready to ship John

I have a long list of interested buyers to work through shortly...

I have ops already buying in other countries though

While your here Andy, is there any news on the UKPP this year?

thats being announced soon - he mentioned that whislt chatting the other day - his call to make the announcement,not me.It is a different approach for sure

Spent the afternoon in sunny Merthyr Tydfil yesterday with @Heighway Pinball. Came away with only positive impressions. Had a good chat with all of the team - top guys. Very clear that there is a huge focus on quality control; saw the first batch of Full Throttle's progressing well - everything being meticulously checked. Struggled to peel myself away from Full Throttle - very much a 'go on, one more go' type of game. Before playing it I hadn't been hugely interested - the theme wasn't for me - but absolutely loved the gameplay. A proper 'fun' (and bleeding fast!) game. Seriously considering this and Alien now... and from what I've seen of progress on Alien - think we'll be in for a treat with that ;)

As for the UK Pinball Party - other than the distance you may have to travel (I had a 385 mile round trip!), the venue should be spot on.

Thanks @Heighway Pinball!

Last edited:
nice one Andy. two points to note -

1 nobody knows what CNC stands for. you told us at the end it cuts playfields so ok now i know
2 no prizes for guessing who is the most popular person in that video

Lovely video.

Out of interest how long does it take that CNC machine to do all of it's work on a playfield? What sort of throughput rate does it have?

Talking to a few of their employees about 2 weeks ago ( they tend to come to a lot of local meets etc recently ) they are waiting on a few parts. Thats all they would say, I believe Andrew has said simliar on pinside.

The last update I saw was that the first games would ship by 12th June. I guess there will be an update soon.

Thought Highway Pinball might have announced on a British site first instead of a foreign one.
Ah well.
Congrats on getting the shipping of machines started. :clap:

Good to see machines are finally being shipped, proof that they can do it unlike some others.

Really looking forward to some Alien updates now....

Would be very interested to see the final finish on the games. The proto ones at the LPC still had the shooter coil exposed and the front of the cab had an unfinished look. I suspect these are the last finishing touch bits that although cosmetic make a big difference to first impressions.

It's a great achievement for Andy and Co and fingers crossed it should see orders starting to come in for them.

Roll on the development of Aliens:clap:

I very much liked the game, its speed, flow and theme, but the huge silver surround metal thing around the playfield / cabinet with is non-rounded edges just;

a) looks awful
b) makes it difficult to play for any length of time due to them sticking into you palms

15319-eag-international-2015-full-throttle-pinball-machine-coin-mech.jpg

These need to be rounded....

Hmmm, still look pointy to me...

We all know how Williams ones look, as such I'd expect approx the same

StndrdLockdown.jpg

Back
Top Bottom