What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Throttle production starts

20 in a month sounds ... ambitous. I think he said 'the first batch' would be 20. He didn't say how long the first batch would take :)

Regardless. Hats off - its actually happening! :clap:

Many congrats Andy and let's see things run smooth and trouble free in the coming months.

Well done Heighway! I look forward to playing on one of these machines in the near future. :clap:

No Grizz,

i am a twonk and shal be standing in the corner for a long time

Last edited:
Well the dollar-pound exchange rate certainly works in his favour currently for exporting machines to the US.

Well done Andy and everyone involved. My son enjoyed playing it at the last 2 UK pinball parties. So nice to see something positive for a change :)

It's remarks like I am trying to rip off people in this country that steer me away from this forum.

Americans are currently paying MORE than you would in the UK. So that throws this argument out of the window

If you don't like paying 20% sales tax when the Americans often pay none, then feel free to complain to the government. My company does not set legislation in this country.

As for only posting 'over there' - it is NOT an American forum.It's a Dutch forum with members from around the globe.

I just take big offense to accusations I am ripping anyone off.

On a positive note - I sincerely thank most people here for their positive replies here, on our Facebook page and on Pinside.

UK support for our UK company makes everyone at my company feel very proud.

Andrew

Last edited:
I really don't understand what basis these "rip off" comments are founded on. I thought Pinside was supposed to be the angry forum and this the nicer place to be and find it sad that Andy doesn't want to post here. What other manufacturer can you buy a NIB standard pin for £4500 to £4700, and an LE for £5500 to £5750? I haven't seen a Heighway pin in person but wouldn't mind betting they'll be better built than a Stern machine as well. No disrespect to Heighway but Stern don't exactly set the bar high! When you take the sales tax into consideration (which many Americans may have to pay anyway depending on where they are), the machines actually work out around £500 cheaper to buy over here. :tut:

I really don't understand what basis these "rip off" comments are founded on. I thought Pinside was supposed to be the angry forum and this the nicer place to be and find it sad that Andy doesn't want to post here. What other manufacturer can you buy a NIB standard pin for £4500 to £4700, and an LE for £5500 to £5750? I haven't seen a Heighway pin in person but wouldn't mind betting they'll be better built than a Stern machine as well. No disrespect to Heighway but Stern don't exactly set the bar high! When you take the sales tax into consideration (which many Americans may have to pay anyway depending on where they are), the machines actually work out around £500 cheaper to buy over here. :tut:
let's put it to bed once and for all. how much is it in UK, and how much is it in US?

For comparison a Full Throttle LE is £4583.33 in the UK when you exclude the VAT. The US price is $7850 exclusive of sales tax which at the current exchange rate works out at £5311.11, £727.11 more expensive than the UK! The only thing I can see being ripped off here is Heighway Pinball, by its only countrymen.

Forgot to also adds my congrats. Always thought highly of Andy. I sure hope those guys make a huge success for themselves.

It's remarks like I am trying to rip off people in this country that steer me away from this forum.

But you need to post on here or you will only alienate potential sales you could have from this forum. Take it on the chin and roll with the punches..

one small step for Heighway pinball one giant leap for Wales ,

well done andy and team bet your looking forward to your first batch going out its been a long hard road but it looks like you stuck to and hopefully you will worldwide in the near future,and defo looking forward to alien

I don't think anyone has said your trying to rip the UK off. I think it just all stems from you saying ages ago that they will cost a lot less than for America Andrew. I like the rest of us support you infact I'd like an aliens if I ever have the money lol. I still stand by my comment about you only posting over there. I just think it's a shame many of us don't bother going to the dark side anymore so we miss all the updates since you had a huff when not many turned up to you last minute event. I wish you the best about time we had a uk pinball comp even if it's in Wales. Look forward to seeing what else you guys come up with

Back
Top Bottom