What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fruit machines you've got or had??

First one was a Mr Cheeky Cherry Special from the 70's. Think it was 1977. Birthday present. £25. Convinced it helped me get my Electrical apprenticeship as I waffled to the "board" at BSC (British Steel Corp) and also I could wire a plug top....

I don't get coin pushers at home for similar reasons stated above. Now a redemption machine, how good would that be!

www.holidayparksmanagement.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_02_Minion_Despicable_Me_Whacker_1.jpg

It depends what you enjoy I suppose. I'd be happy to have a coin pusher at home just to watch the thing in action. It's inherently fun, to me at least, to watch and wonder if the coins will topple. It's not about the money, a couple of pounds was never gonna mean retirement to South America was it. Same with fruities, I had a bit of a gambling problem many years back with them, until I realised that it wasn't about the money then either, but the satisfaction of watching the wheels turn and clunk and spin, hoping and waiting to match features and play hi-lo etc, the uncertainty and the pleasure when it finally comes together. Like playing patience at cards when we were kids?

What's the alternative, TV? **** that, it's mostly crap where you just have a passive role. I used to spend hours staring at my fish tank in preference to watching TV.

I'm rambling. When do the clocks go forward or back or whatever? What's for breakfast? I've got my little boy here and am in no rush to get up [emoji3]

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170325_2acd597f302fdc33cda5f2d1ac6b4eb5.jpg

IMG_0740.JPG I used to have quite a few old mechanicals but now just this 1929 Mills Poinsettia and a few spinners. I find that kids still enjoy sitting in front of them feeding them pennies.

Got this one too

How much does something like that cost? The only type I'd ever be interested in is one of these old one armed bandits as that's what my Dad used to let me play with him when I was little :) I'm assuming these ones are quite expensive what with all the chrome on them?

Mine would probably be worth around £500 but TAF of old bandits is a Jennings Grovenor with the brass Indians head at the front priced at anything upto and around 2.5k.

I have a bally circus running on quarters . Folks love pulling the handle. One arms more valuable generally than electronic stuff but some early 80s games like line up now hitting four figures. Entry level one arms include jubilee machines. General rule is if it plugs in its worth less is the collectable stuff pure mechanical

have lots of fruit machines, about 25 in total. too many to list and many come and gone but theres alot of pcp machines in there like test pilot & cash filla etc a lite a nudge, cloud 999 and an electrocoin labyrinth to name a few of the popular of the time ones

Attachments

• Photo0033.jpg
    Photo0033.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo0018.jpg
    Photo0018.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo0029.jpg
    Photo0029.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 18
Wow..... Are you an ex fruit machine technician or amusement supplier or just a collector??
Have you got any of my old favourites?? Roadrunner, Big Shot, crazy Reels, Eachway Nudger, Cat & Mouse?

You any where near South Wales as I've got 2 cheap
Both working with keys and can be put on free play or various stake levels
10p a spin works best /£5 jackpot

I'll have a few Electro-Mechanical one armed up for sale shortly as having a clear out - Just need to get to them....

Wow, great memories there....I'd love that Ronnie....

I was very lucky to get it and only a 47 mile drive. took a bit to get it working but the condition is great! I worked in an arcade in 1982 it was full of SRU machines mostly eachway shuffles but a few of the other one's too. Sidewinder was there too but it never got played much

Back
Top Bottom