What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday nights at pinfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Neil today and shared what I expect is all of our sentiments, no matter how much we disagree or argue as people, this was an unacceptable act.

As for posting the picture, I want folks to remember that anyone at the event knew Neil was present. He is larger than life.
Secondly, anyone who knows him could guess that may have been his car should they have gone looking.
Thirdly, read the number plate and anyone looking would be pretty sure, even if they hadn’t seen his car post.
Apportioning some blame to people posting a picture is detracting from the fact someone made a decision to cause damage, that is the line someone shouldn’t have crossed.

Don’t know whether to give the above post a thumbs up or an angry emoji.

Can’t believe it’s someone we all know 🤬

100% should be banned from all events. Glad they are already banned from Tilt.
Agreed didn't really want to give a like either

Smashing a windscreen?! Way out of order. Would really like to contribute to a fund to fix the damage to highlight that 99.9% of the pinball community are the best of people and this is not at all representative of us

I spoke with Neil today and shared what I expect is all of our sentiments, no matter how much we disagree or argue as people, this was an unacceptable act.

As for posting the picture, I want folks to remember that anyone at the event knew Neil was present. He is larger than life.
Secondly, anyone who knows him could guess that may have been his car should they have gone looking.
Thirdly, read the number plate and anyone looking would be pretty sure, even if they hadn’t seen his car post.
Apportioning some blame to people posting a picture is detracting from the fact someone made a decision to cause damage, that is the line someone shouldn’t have crossed.
Totally agree on your last paragraph, it’s no one’s fault but the idiot who did it, but I think the GDPR laws might look at it differently. Did Neil give permission for his number plate to be plastered on a public forum?

There just needs to be common sense.

Last edited:
Totally agree on your last paragraph, it’s no one’s fault by the idiot who did it, but I think the GDPR laws might look at it differently. Did Neil give permission for his number plate to be plastered on a public forum?

There just needs to be common sense.
I think I have seen Neil post his car on here and/or facebook before.

Devastated and furious this has happened. Neil has gone about it the right and proper way. He’s reported it and hopefully the correct action will be taken.

This really is the lowest of the low.

I applaud Neil for the way he’s dealing with it.

As said by the late great Vincent Vega " no one f@cks with another man's automobile "

Even with the amount of love hate banter that's been thrown around between me and Neil that's low down and utterly scummy , and I wasn't there ok I was on a plane and I am in Croatia and I don't drink anymore so it's not me 😂😂

In all seriousness Neil I hope you find out who did this and sorry to hear that somebody has done it. It doesn't sound like a pinball person thing to do either ? I mean most of us are on some kinda spectrum and most are socially awkward so it doesn't strike me as a pin head thing to do? Maybe someone took offence to the car and the parking?

Anyway hope it all sorts .. no place for that kinda thing in the pin scene.

Will

If it happened on the early hours of Saturday morning, then that’s before the photo in this thread was taken/posted on Saturday night.

It doesn’t sound like anything anyone would do so I really hope it’s been a mistake and if not that it’s resolved.

Last edited:
Not only is it detracting from that point, it's full on bizarre. What has posting a pic of a badly parked car on here got to do with someone damaging that car at a show... (the answer is nothing btw).

The pic didn't even identify an owner, but pretty much anyone seeing that photo could guess. So presumably it was equally easy for someone to guess the owner if they walked past the car in the car-park...

This is utterly disgusting.

I heard about the pic posted of the parking while sat outside with Neil amongst others. Neil had taken it in good humour and had mentioned about the camera system on his car.

When I heard about the vandalism, I sought out Neil. Neil told me he had passed the matter on to the police and was letting them deal with it.
If, and when, Neil is prepared to name the culprit/s either publicly or to me in private, from my role as IFPA Country Director they will be barred from every IFPA sanctioned event in the UK for life.

It is well known that (online) Neil and I don't particularly get on, but we are a relatively small community and need to stick together and root out the idiots.

Neil posted this on FB.

View attachment 229870
I was one of those guys playing and donating part of the 310 for charity.
And whoever blamed me for it I hope you have rotten luck for the next 20 years.
I don't do things behind people's backs as most people that know me would attest.
This has to be the low point for me from pinfest even after my flight cancelled and I'm stuck in Birmingham for another day would not compare to my honor and been called a thug by somebody here.
Last straw for me and pinfest this

I don't do things behind people's backs as most people that know me would attest.
This has to be the low point for me from pinfest even after my flight cancelled and I'm stuck in Birmingham for another day would not compare to my honor and been called a thug by somebody here.
I am shocked by all of this and you are such a decent bloke it was so good to meet you and Ian. I loved the party and Neil was amazing in the bar singing his heart out, I didn't see one person not enjoying our community at its best. I hope once this settles you will come back as otherwise the ******** win.

Having met Atlantis many times there is absolutely no way he would be involved in such disgusting behaviour. People need to remember that many people's posts are not always nor should they be taken literally, the nuances of tone and body language is lost writing in an old school message board. Sarcasm and banter doesn't always translate well in this format, I know I've caught my self out several times and when it's read back at a later date could read something unintentional.

Due to the alleged criminal damage it probably best to refrain from further accusations and let Neil and authorities sort it out.

Then any culprits banned discretely if the various moderators and or organisers of these events feel it's fit to do so.

@Atlantis. Sorry to hear about the delayed flight, which must really suck the spirits out of you on top of thinking people thought the worst of you.
Honestly, I think people were just shocked at what had happened in their community and proposing theories rather than saying they thought it was anyone. Most people haven't a clue who actually did it because Neil has tried to downplay it so that it didn't ruin a great weekend.

@Atlantis and co visited me at Tilt on the way to the airport! Appreciate the support and cheered me up on a long day.

He's rightly pi$$ed off being accused and deserves an apology

Might be best to lock this thread until Neil has dealt with the police @Paul @Calimori

Big thanks to @Wayne J for stepping up on the ban front when names are revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom