What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flip Out London - Update & News

I thought I would post an update on the progress at the club.

For those that haven't been before, here is a list of the games currently in operation:

Twilight Zone (colorDMD & PinSound)
Sopranos (ColorDMD)
Corvette
Scarred Stiff
Dirty Harry
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Junk Yard
The Champion Pub (colorDMD)
Cactus Canyon (Continued software & ColorDMD)
High Speed
Black Knight 2000
Party Animal
Doctor Who
Judge Dredd
The Walking Dead
Alien
AC/DC Premium (Modded to the hilt by Stan!)
Attack from Mars (colorDMD)
Star Trek Next Gen
Orbitor 1
Batman Forever
Goldeneye
White Water
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Rocky
Sopranos
Jack Bot
Road Show
Fathom
Centaur
Flash Gordon
Bronco
Dracula
Medieval Madness (color DMD)
The Shadow
Space Invaders

We are now set up to take card payments and sell cold drinks, tea/coffee and snacks (crisps/chocs).

There are good toilet facilities, a lounge area with TV, XBOX, DVD Player and plenty of comfy sofas as well as a mountain of pinball magazines!

There is a fitted kitchen with plenty of fridge space should you wish to bring your own beers, plus microwave, grill, toaster etc.

If you can make it to the club on a Thursday evening we hold weekly league meets and this coming weekend there are competitions on both Saturday and Sunday!

If you would like to become a member or just make a donation to help support the club, click on the website link below.

Day visitors are welcome at just £10, all games set on free play!

Check out www.flipoutlondon.com for directions and details

Absolutely cannot wait for this weekends tournament, hopefully I will get some free play time on these too, if they aren't in use for the tourny all the time. Really excited to play them.

TWD
MM
AFM

What a awesome line up of machines, well done to all involved getting the club up and running and to where it is today .
Looking forward to a visit some time soon.
:clap::clap::clap:

Cool, I will get there then if that is okay - long ol' way from Norwich and want to make it awesome.

Is there anywhere local for food? Or alternatively, I can drive somewhere and get food nearer lunch :)

Oh and is there any recommended nearby parking?

Theres a chinese and a pizza shop at the end of the road that are both very good. Parking at the venue should be easy on the sunday.

A quick update to let you know what has been happening:

New machines:

Doctor Who
Bride of Pinbot (back after a service)
X's & O's

Coming next week:

Phantom of the Opera
The Getaway HS2

As some of you may have heard, the club has agreed to expand into an adjoining unit. We are currently working on it and hope to increase our total number of machines to around 60!

Once finished, we will hold a big bash to show off the extra space. Stay tuned....

A quick update to let you know what has been happening:

As some of you may have heard, the club has agreed to expand into an adjoining unit. We are currently working on it and hope to increase our total number of machines to around 60!

Once finished, we will hold a big bash to show off the extra space. Stay tuned....

Awesome news

We're back!!

It's great to be open again and here is the current list of machines available to play:

Twilight Zone
Indy 500
Strikes & Spares
Nine ball
Ali
Alien Poker
Star Trek Next Gen
Addams Family
Cirqus Voltaire
Batman Forever
Goldeneye
Tommy
Earthshaker
Black Knight 2000
Black Pyramid
Beat the Clock
Ten Stars
Cactus Canyon
Medieval Madness
Attack from Mars
Jurrasic Park (stern)
Creature from the black lagoon
Black Rose
White Water
Road Show
Dirty Harry
Revenge from Mars
Future Spa
Harlem Globe Trotters
Genie
High Speed
Spirit
Space Shuttle
Pinball Champ 82
Spooky
Farfalla
Robot
Total Nuclear Annihilation
Cobra
Quicksilver
Eight ball Champ
Embryon
No Good Gofers
Rollergames
Corvette
Junk Yard
Scared Stiff
Batman 66
X-men
Medusa
ACDC Premium
Full Throttle
Demolition Man
The Simpsons pinball party
Transformers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Maiden Premium
Walking Dead Premium
Game of Thrones Premium
Metallica LE
Iron man

We are now listed as a scorbit location with several machines having the system installed.

Check out www.flipoutlondon.com to book your place!

Nice one Matt. Will be there tomorrow as I couldn't get in last night - fully booked.

Visited on Saturday. Have missed it so much!

I have a little feedback if that's OK...
The rules regarding leaving one machine gap either aren't clear or people are ignoring it, especially in the back room. Regularly five people playing all in a row sometimes six.

Having arguably some of the most popular pins in a row exacerbated this,
Cftbl, JP2, AFM, MM all sat next to each other made it difficult to play them. JP2 had someone playing on it nearly the entire time the club was open which made it near impossible to get onto CFTBL or AFM, unless you broke the rules.
At one point JP2 was free but someone was playing Creech, so i thought I'd hang about, play TZ...then stood waiting.. They finished on creech and then moved straight onto JP2.
Yes, I know I could have said something to them but it's not always that easy.

That bank of machines were always busy but a lot of the other areas (except the back room) had barely anyone playing

It made it near impossible to play any of those pins unless you broke the rules yourself, or waited til near closing time when the club was emptier.

I understand it's difficult to enforce rules and there will always be those who try their luck. Maybe the rules regarding leaving a space should be more obvious and placed around the club rather than just on the entry desk?

Maybe a good idea would be to place the popular pins away from each other?

Still had a great day and hope to be back in a couple weeks👍🏻

Visited on Saturday. Have missed it so much!

I have a little feedback if that's OK...
The rules regarding leaving one machine gap either aren't clear or people are ignoring it, especially in the back room. Regularly five people playing all in a row sometimes six.

Having arguably some of the most popular pins in a row exacerbated this,
Cftbl, JP2, AFM, MM all sat next to each other made it difficult to play them. JP2 had someone playing on it nearly the entire time the club was open which made it near impossible to get onto CFTBL or AFM, unless you broke the rules.
At one point JP2 was free but someone was playing Creech, so i thought I'd hang about, play TZ...then stood waiting.. They finished on creech and then moved straight onto JP2.
Yes, I know I could have said something to them but it's not always that easy.

That bank of machines were always busy but a lot of the other areas (except the back room) had barely anyone playing

It made it near impossible to play any of those pins unless you broke the rules yourself, or waited til near closing time when the club was emptier.

I understand it's difficult to enforce rules and there will always be those who try their luck. Maybe the rules regarding leaving a space should be more obvious and placed around the club rather than just on the entry desk?

Maybe a good idea would be to place the popular pins away from each other?

Still had a great day and hope to be back in a couple weeks👍🏻

David - first thanks for supporting us in ensuring we keep to the governments guidelines And don’t get fined £10,000

I regularly asked folks not to do that if you’d mentioned it to me I would have spoken to them again.

The whole point of having them at the desk is so people would read them as they came in and I made sure they everybody did - to avoid “oh I didn’t see them” which believe it or not is the sort of teenage excuse we have to deal with. On Thursday we had many folks not wearing their mask also we’re I had to intervene and nearly had to ask someone to leave.

Unfortunately we do have a lot of great games and not enough space and some games won’t fit in the back area other than sterns - I think in future we will simply have to have turn of what games are on and off and rotate what is available to play.

I just wish people were no so ignorant to have to make us police the rules - it’s not what we as founders want to do either unsurprisingly.

appreciate the feedback David.

thanks
Neil

David - first thanks for supporting us in ensuring we keep to the governments guidelines And don’t get fined £10,000

I regularly asked folks not to do that if you’d mentioned it to me I would have spoken to them again.

The whole point of having them at the desk is so people would read them as they came in and I made sure they everybody did - to avoid “oh I didn’t see them” which believe it or not is the sort of teenage excuse we have to deal with. On Thursday we had many folks not wearing their mask also we’re I had to intervene and nearly had to ask someone to leave.

Unfortunately we do have a lot of great games and not enough space and some games won’t fit in the back area other than sterns - I think in future we will simply have to have turn of what games are on and off and rotate what is available to play.

I just wish people were no so ignorant to have to make us police the rules - it’s not what we as founders want to do either unsurprisingly.

appreciate the feedback David.

thanks
Neil

I understand it would be a bit of a nightmare to have to remind people over and over...
I'm someone who would feel guilty if I broke a rule like that, especially if it puts the club at risk. I would imagine people aren't reading or understanding the rules, or consciously breaking them for whatever reason they have.

I'm not the most confident person so struggle to approach people and it's harder with the noise and face coverings.
So I try to avoid confrontation and don't want to cause issues or be that person who's complaining 😂
You shouldn't have to police, i find it difficult to understand why people read the rules and choose to do their own thing, which ruins it for others and puts the club at risk.

Thanks for the feedback David, shuffling the line up around is an easy way to try and reduce the issue.

I think this is the best solution and would minimise the temptation to break rules.
I understand it takes some effort to move pins around, but I think you'd only have to swap three or four so you have less popular pins between the popular ones.
I could play the five near the entrance all day if I was there alone!

Best thing about my visit was TNA! I was grateful that it was in a corner 👍🏻😁

I think in future we will simply have to have turn of what games are on and off and rotate what is available to play.
Instead of this, maybe give each player a couple of sheets highlighting this rule to place on the two machines either side of the one they are playing. They grab them and take them with them when they are finished and moving to the next game.

If someone picks it up and starts a game anyway they're clearly taking the p!ss and don't give a sh!t about the rules

as Matt says there are a few games we can juggle that will help.

Not a bad suggestion - but I'd just rather people were sensible; you'd think after seven months that people would get it by now.

Cheers,
Neil.

Instead of this, maybe give each player a couple of sheets highlighting this rule to place on the two machines either side of the one they are playing. They grab them and take them with them when they are finished and moving to the next game.

If someone picks it up and starts a game anyway they're clearly taking the p!ss and don't give a sh!t about the rules

I created a COVID safe distance sign for SWL to put on the machines next to you. They're laminated.

COVID Safe Distance Sign.png

Oh no!
Will it be gone in in two weekends time? 😭
Also, is the RS at the club the same one as before?
I put monster bash in the house so that should keep her happy for a while (Until that comes to the club too). If anyone has a Flinstones they want to sell/trade, that would keep her happy at home!

I put monster bash in the house so that should keep her happy for a while (Until that comes to the club too). If anyone has a Flinstones they want to sell/trade, that would keep her happy at home!

Good work Matt, what a life to be able to use pinball machines as bargaining chips with the wife😂😁
To be fair I've never played a real Monster Bash and love the virtual versions of it. So if you swap tna for at at some point it'll be less of a blow. I'm not your wife though... 😂

Back
Top Bottom