What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flip Out London - Update & News

Matt Vince

Site Supporter
Firstly, for those that aren't aware Flip Out London is a non-profit members pinball club. The club is organised by a committee formed of it's founding members (of which there are 10). The club is run by volunteers and all machines are lent to the club thanks to the generosity of their owners. Our aim is to provide as good a venue as possible and we
hope that the club will one day be self sustaining. If you would like to become a member and support us, please
check out www.flipoutlondon.com and follow the link to become a member.

We have been very busy updating our machine line-up and adding to the facilities, we now have 40 machines:

AC/DC Premium
Addams Family
Apollo
Black Night 2000
Black Pyramid
Bride of Pinbot
Bronco
Cactus Canyon (continued, colour DMD)
Centaur
Champion Pub
Corvette
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Dirty Harry
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Flash
Flash Gordon
Future Spa
Game of Thrones LE (Colour DMD)
Game Show
Goldeneye
Jackbot
Judge Dredd
Junk Yard
Medieval Madness (Colour DMD)
Medieval Madness
Party Animal
Party Zone
Playboy (Stern)
Road Show
Scared Stiff
The Shadow
Shaq Attack
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Ski-Hi
The Sopranos
Twilight Zone (Colour DMD, Pin-Sound)
Wheel of Fortune
Whitewater
World Cup Soccer

We will continue to add to and improve our line-up as best we can (Walking Dead and Spiderman to arrive soon!)

The Kitchen facilities are in place (although we could use a microwave if anyone has a spare they would like to
donate) and we are now offiering hot and cold drinks as well as snacks and (at major events) hot food.

There is an X-Box, TV and games in the lounge along with plenty of leather sofa's to relax in. We have a few
pinball related magazine's and books for you to enjoy too!

Upcoming Events!

The club is hosting two competitions on the weekend of Jan 20th & 21st.

Saturday is Matt's Birthday Comp, free for all (non-member's will have to pay £10 club guest fee) to enter.
Doors open at 10.30am until late. Play 10 games out of 12, Top 16 qualify.
There will be free beer and pizza once qualifying finishes.

Sunday is the Flip Out London PinGolf Comp, £5 for member's (£15 non members). Full 18 hole course,Top 8 Qualify.
Door's open at 10am, Qualfying to be finished by 4pm.

UKCS Finals

The UK Championship Series finals are being held at Flip Out on Saturday 10th February. Doors open at 10am.
There will also be an open competition for anyone to join in with unlimited entries ,which will run alongside.

We hope you can come and join us soon!

I've just got back from a day of pin golf. My scores were just as rubbish as my regular golf but i had a great time.

Flip out is a great venue, thanks to everyone involved in setting it up, I'll definitely be visiting again, just wish it was a bit closer.

Another great time at Flip out. Thoroughly enjoyed my first Pin Golf Tournament. Big Thanks to Matt and all the others for organising. A great opportunity to have a few games on Guardians of the Galaxy. Great to have a friendly local club with a good selection of pins.

Absolutely shattered! Thanks to everyone that came and supported the club and especially those that brought me cards and gifts.

Next meet is a practical lesson in pinball maintenance, free of charge, we can make it any day you can!;)

Congratulations to me on fixing my birthday comp to ensure victory, also to Craig Pullen who won the PinGolf on Sunday using skill alone:hmm:.

Here are the full results:

Matt's Birthday Comp

1 Matt Vince
2 Craig Pullen
3 Mike Parkins
4 Stan Simpson
6 Wayne Johns
6 Thomas Evrenos
6 Peter Blakemore
6 David Mainwaring
12 Vin Jauhal
12 Lukasz Romanowski
12 Andy Ball
12 Rich Mallett
12 Mike Kindler
12 Chris Poyntz
12 Nick Hamill
12 CJ Brown uk
17 Ben Pike
18 Richard Wade
19 David Tucker
20 Tim Thornton
21 John Whitfield
21 Sverker Nordqvist
23 Mark Johnson
24 Andy Wraight
25 Owen Richards
26 Oscar Evrenos
27 Jason Poyntz
27 Hilary Hector
29 Pete Closs
30 Tony Molloy
30 Sarah Vince
32 Lucy Vince
32 Max Johnson UK
34 Katie Vince
35 Alex Vanags
36 Daniel Vince

Flip Out London PinGolf Comp

1 Craig Pullen
2 Tim Thornton
3 Matt Vince
4 Vin Jauhal
5 Peter Blakemore
6 Wayne Johns
7 Hal Cullity
8 Mike Kindler
9 Tony Molloy
10 Clive Bush
10 Mark Johnson
12 Valerie Semeria
13 Nick Hamill
14 Dan Lewell
15 Rayne Passmore
16 Hilary Hector
17 Janette Passmore
18 Paul Saunderson

Last edited:
Thanks Mat for a great couple of days fun, had a lovely time and met some top new people, lots of great advice, and quality just watching some of the better players in the later stages.
Now all I need is to start some serious practicing,

What a great way to have a birthday!

I had a hell of a lot of fun, and in the evening too!

Congrats to you, Mike and Nick on the organisation and great condition machines. I'm up for a repair class for sure!

Cheers

Vin

At least I was consistently crap.

A great weekend and fantastic set-up, looking forward to being back down there again for the UKCS finals.

I finally got back home just after 1am with my car on a flatbed AA truck. Would have been quicker but his driving time ran out on his tacho (at least that's what he told me !)so had to spend 45mins in a layby in Solihull.

A great weekend and fantastic set-up, looking forward to being back down there again for the UKCS finals.

I finally got back home just after 1am with my car on a flatbed AA truck. Would have been quicker but his driving time ran out on his tacho (at least that's what he told me !)so had to spend 45mins in a layby in Solihull.

At least your eye smelt nice after Tim sprayed perfume at you accidentally!..;)

Did he at least give you a cuddle afterwards?

Yep cheers Matt. Unfortunately couldn't make Sunday but Saturday was a great laugh. Looking forward to the next event already!

Had such an awesome time at Flipout. The club is amazing and all the guys involved have achieved so much already, but want so much more for the club. It’s amazing to have such a great venue in the UK.

Have the results for the pingolf been submitted to IFPA @Matt Vince

Thanks guys, we are improving the place all the time (we can now rake card payments for example) and always welcome suggestions as to how we can improve the club.

The PinGolf results went in with Matt's birthday comp results but the IFPA wanted to see each holes objective and assess if the comp was too easy or not (which it wasn't), the results have been approved now so should appear soon.

I have asked why the PinGolf results are still not up and have been assured that they will be this week.

For anyone considering organising a PinGolf event in the future, any hole set on a PinGolf course which has an average score less than 3 does not count (fully) towards TGP. I think the Flip Out PinGolf will be fine, but worth knowing when choosing the targets for each machine.

cool! Does that mean if you reworked the scores for your tourney the results would now be different? :confused:

Had such an awesome time at Flipout. The club is amazing and all the guys involved have achieved so much already, but want so much more for the club. It’s amazing to have such a great venue in the UK.

Have the results for the pingolf been submitted to IFPA @Matt Vince

We need commited members if we are to make this a success and so far not enough are signing up !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
We need commuted members if we are to make this a success and so far not enough are signing up !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If anyone can support, please sign up. I did, even though I can't get there regularly enough to justify, but I'm happy to support the community and this venue as much as possible.

The next competition to be held at Flip Out is the UKCS & UKCS Open Comp on Saturday 10th February.

The UKCS final involves the top twenty players from all of last years UK events and will be a great chance to see the countries best players battle it out!

The UKCS Open Comp is for all to enjoy! There are unlimited entries on a 5 game ticket. This should allow players in the UKCS finals to compete and allow others the chance to have a couple of attempts (if needed) to enter some good scores. The top 16 will qualify for the finals on the day.

The doors of Flip Out will open at 11am, we hope to see you all there!

Its one for the southerners , even for anyone in the midlands its a good 3 hour drive...

its just as long to get to tilt from flipout as it is to get to flipout from tilt :)

its 2.5 hours by car- train just under two hours!

its just as long to get to tilt from flipout as it is to get to flipout from tilt :)

its 2.5 hours by car- train just under two hours!

That’s probably why I never see any of southerners in Tilt then useless a competition is on ;)

Luckily I don’t depend on the pinball community and general public are loving Tilt and pinball!

We’ll be going up to 25 machines before the end of the summer so more reasons to come especially with all the new releases landing here first

Just a quick update on upcoming events:

Saturday June 30th: Tim's Super Awesome Tournament.

Hosted by Tim Thornton and Nick Hamill. This competition is a head 2 head matchplay event (loosely based on the Dutch Masters format) players are separated into groups and play every player in the group on pre-selected machines. The top qualifiers proceed to the knock out rounds, while those that don't qualify will be entered into a shield competition.

Sunday 1st July: World Cup Pinball Comp

Hosted by Julian Rawlinson. This event splits players into groups of 4 (as in the world cup) and players will play 3 four player matches (points are 3-2-1-0) with the top 2 progressing into the head to head knock out rounds. Limited to 32 players.

Saturday-Sunday 29th-30th September: 24 Flip

Hosted by Thomas Evrenos. This event is a 24 hour matchplay event with big stakes and big prizes! Limited to 50 players, this swiss style tournament will separate into A & B divisions after 18 hours, with prizes for the top players in each division.

Registration shall be opening for these events very soon here: www.flipoutlondon.com

Just a quick update on upcoming events:

Saturday June 30th: Tim's Super Awesome Tournament.

Hosted by Tim Thornton and Nick Hamill. This competition is a head 2 head matchplay event (loosely based on the Dutch Masters format) players are separated into groups and play every player in the group on pre-selected machines. The top qualifiers proceed to the knock out rounds, while those that don't qualify will be entered into a shield competition.

Sunday 1st July: World Cup Pinball Comp

Hosted by Julian Rawlinson. This event splits players into groups of 4 (as in the world cup) and players will play 3 four player matches (points are 3-2-1-0) with the top 2 progressing into the head to head knock out rounds. Limited to 32 players.

Saturday-Sunday 29th-30th September: 24 Flip

Hosted by Thomas Evrenos. This event is a 24 hour matchplay event with big stakes and big prizes! Limited to 50 players, this swiss style tournament will separate into A & B divisions after 18 hours, with prizes for the top players in each division.

Registration shall be opening for these events very soon here: www.flipoutlondon.com

Sounds good

Paid for the World Cup and waiting for registration to open for the 24hr comp (should save money on hotel).

Can't see registration for Tims comp though, is it pay on the day?

Anyone between Norwich and Flipout who wants a lift to the June competition let me know, we could potentially work something out on lift sharing and pickup / drop off.

A great night tonight at Flip Out, it was great to see so many people there and news faces to boot!

Congratulations to Stan Simpson on winning tonight's league meet:

1527813909686.png

I managed to win the High Score comp on Alien:

1527813988538.png

and also took the Overall league for May:

1527814071495.png

Next week is the first meet of June's League which will use your best 3 meet results out of 4.

Back
Top Bottom