What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Flintstones Joe's Diner plastic

Marvello

Site Supporter
Alias
Marv
If anyone has a Flintstones Joe's Diner plastic they want to sell then let me know. I could buy one new but struggling to justify spending £20+ on one. Thank you.

22463-the-flintstones-pinball-joes-diner.jpg

Mine broke too, not especially well designed. Spent the full whack getting a replacement from PH.

I've ordered a few bits and am going to have a go at making one. Sounds/looks like it breaks a lot so don't want to buy a new one if it is just going to break again.

Mine is completely missing rather than just broken.

I've ordered a few bits and am going to have a go at making one. Sounds/looks like it breaks a lot so don't want to buy a new one if it is just going to break again.

Mine is completely missing rather than just broken.

If you're repro'ing one I think i'd start upping the thinkness of the acrylic. If I ever need to do the same I think I'd go double the thickness at least.

If you're repro'ing one I think i'd start upping the thinkness of the acrylic. If I ever need to do the same I think I'd go double the thickness at least.

Ok ta. I've never tried it before. I measured the existing plastics which were about 2mm so that is what I have ordered. It might not work out and look crap but I wanted to give it a go and it hasn't cost me much in materials.

Found it...or should I say made it. The decal paper method was a disaster. I think for this particular plastic it is far too large to handle as it is so flimsy and just curled up in to a mess as soon as I took the backing paper off.

20170212_181359.jpg

As I already had the plastic cut ready I thought I'd have another go with regular adhesive backed paper which was much easier to handle. After applying it I sprayed it with lacquer. I'm not sure if this was necessary or has added anything of value apart from giving it a frosted look.

Not bad for a first attempt and better than no plastic at all. It could do with the edges tidying up a bit and a finer toothed saw to do the initial cutting. Using a Dremel or similar melts the edges of the plastic.

As it is a standalone plastic getting a perfect colour match wasn't necessary, unlike maybe a slingshot plastic.

Many thanks to @stoptap for making the 2 brackets :thumbs:

20170213_220300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom