What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Gordon strobe inop

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
A mates recently picked up a Flash Gordon. He’s got most of it working but the strobe unit isn’t working. Are these repairable or are parts unobtainium these days. Thanks Ken

Is it a straightforward job? Destroy the camera and remove the flash. Do you still have yr assy.

I rebuilt mine using a poloroid camera flash(bought the camera off ebay for a fiver posted),it's easy enough to do,I also have an original working spare, I bought off matt vince a few years ago(think I was lucky to get one)

You can make o e from a disposable camera flash unit. Dave Langley made one for me.

That was a long time ago!

You still need the original flash gordon strobe unit, but typically the the strobe itself is burnt out. The new one was smaller I just fixed it in with some hot glue.

I did two of these with disposable cameras, one also needed the opto isolater replacing.

Phil's old FG is now in our office, but that's no help as I've only been there once since March (and the start of lockdown 1) and now work from home ...

Back
Top Bottom