What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Multiball modes ?

CRYPT MULTIBALL (TFTC)

CRYPT multiball is started by shooting the Crypt, which can only be done after the tombstone in front of it has been lowered. Each hit of the tombstone spots the next letter in CRYPT. The 'C' is spotted at the beginning of the game, and two letters are spotted before the start of each ball until the first multiball has been obtained.

After getting CRYPT the first time, both the Crypt and center spinner are lit; shoot either one to start multiball. For subsequent multiballs, only the Crypt is lit to start it.

When you start multiball, two balls are automatically launched, and the third one is ejected to the upper right flipper for a shot to the Crypt. The Crypt scores 1M*balls-in-play and adds that value to the base Jackpot value as well.

During multiball, hit the left ramp to score the Jackpot, which has an initial base value of 25M (20M in older ROMs), and increases with shots to the left spinner (130K per spin) and Crypt (1M*balls-in-play).

Once that Jackpot is collected, shoot the right ramp for a Double Jackpot, which has a base value of double the value of the right-ramp Jackpot you collected (thus minimum of 50M, or 40M in older ROMs) and increases with the right spinner (260K per spin) and Crypt (2M*balls-in-play).

Note that getting the Double Jackpot may also start a frenzy mode if the next frenzy mode is flashing; this is a great time to get frenzy.

After collecting the Double Jackpot, the tombstone raises. You must hit the Tombstone 5 times to spell C-R-Y-P-T, at which time the Monster Jackpot is lit. Each letter adds a ball but isn't worth any points. The Monster Jackpot is 50M plus the Double Jackpot value when it was collected, for a minimum of 100M. Subsequent Monster Jackpots are each 50M more (you must spell CRYPT again each time), increasing without limit.

When you hit the Tombstone to spell CRYPT and it's adding a ball (the first time through and you don't already have all six balls), you have to wait until that ball is in play before hitting it again will count. Also, hitting the Tombstone will in that case reset the drop targets.

After collecting the Monster Jackpot, the Tombstone comes back up and you spell CRYPT again, but it no longer adds balls into play.

Until the point where you collect the Double Jackpot, Hitting the captive ball during multiball adds another ball to your play.

Multiball Restart: If you fail to collect the jackpot, the center spinner and Crypt are lit for 12 seconds to restart Multiball.

Last edited:
CRYPT MULTIBALL (TFTC)

CRYPT multiball is started by shooting the Crypt, which can only be done after the tombstone in front of it has been lowered. Each hit of the tombstone spots the next letter in CRYPT. The 'C' is spotted at the beginning of the game, and two letters are spotted before the start of each ball until the first multiball has been obtained.

After getting CRYPT the first time, both the Crypt and center spinner are lit; shoot either one to start multiball. For subsequent multiballs, only the Crypt is lit to start it.

When you start multiball, two balls are automatically launched, and the third one is ejected to the upper right flipper for a shot to the Crypt. The Crypt scores 1M*balls-in-play and adds that value to the base Jackpot value as well.

During multiball, hit the left ramp to score the Jackpot, which has an initial base value of 25M (20M in older ROMs), and increases with shots to the left spinner (130K per spin) and Crypt (1M*balls-in-play).

Once that Jackpot is collected, shoot the right ramp for a Double Jackpot, which has a base value of double the value of the right-ramp Jackpot you collected (thus minimum of 50M, or 40M in older ROMs) and increases with the right spinner (260K per spin) and Crypt (2M*balls-in-play).

Note that getting the Double Jackpot may also start a frenzy mode if the next frenzy mode is flashing; this is a great time to get frenzy.

After collecting the Double Jackpot, the tombstone raises. You must hit the Tombstone 5 times to spell C-R-Y-P-T, at which time the Monster Jackpot is lit. Each letter adds a ball but isn't worth any points. The Monster Jackpot is 50M plus the Double Jackpot value when it was collected, for a minimum of 100M. Subsequent Monster Jackpots are each 50M more (you must spell CRYPT again each time), increasing without limit.

When you hit the Tombstone to spell CRYPT and it's adding a ball (the first time through and you don't already have all six balls), you have to wait until that ball is in play before hitting it again will count. Also, hitting the Tombstone will in that case reset the drop targets.

After collecting the Monster Jackpot, the Tombstone comes back up and you spell CRYPT again, but it no longer adds balls into play.

Until the point where you collect the Double Jackpot, Hitting the captive ball during multiball adds another ball to your play.

Multiball Restart: If you fail to collect the jackpot, the center spinner and Crypt are lit for 12 seconds to restart Multiball.

Pretty sure on the new code update (v4.0), hitting the trapped ball will also add-a-ball during Crypt multiball, up to 6 balls.

This shares a lot of similarities with Tommy main multiball - not surprising as the Tombstone and Mirror are basically the same toy. I'll document when I get a minute.

Ferengi multiball on STTNG, if a ball drains then hit the neutral zone again to be given another! You start with two and can go up to 4 balls!

Or CSI where you lock the balls into the skull's eye sockets, always thought that was pretty cool.

Always partial to Centaur as you can keep it going...and going...and going, when you get into the swing of it.

Of the games I've owned, BSD probably ranks top with its stackable multiballs. T2 just for the sheer difficulty of the superjack hitting the roving target whilst the other 2 (or 1) balls are still in play. Great rush!

Midnight Madness anyone?

Overrated in my opinion. I cheated and set the clock in my JM when I had it to try it out :rofl: It was okay, nothing special. I think Assault multiball in T3 is some sort of homage to it as it uses very similar DMD animations and sound effects to it.

Always partial to Centaur as you can keep it going...and going...and going, when you get into the swing of it.

Of the games I've owned, BSD probably ranks top with its stackable multiballs. T2 just for the sheer difficulty of the superjack hitting the roving target whilst the other 2 (or 1) balls are still in play. Great rush!
T2 Super Jackpot is easy peasy. Fire just as the gun starts swinging back upwards.

Back
Top Bottom