What's new

Faulty ramp switch

Doggard

Site Supporter
Alias
Steven Dale
I have this ramp switch that’s playing up, I’ve had a tinker with it, and it doesn’t work when the 2 small securing bolts are fully tight, but when I loosen the bolts slightly, it works fine.
I have a replacement switch, but just wondered what the problem is.
My first pin, so have limited repair knowledge

Attachments

• IMG_6004.png
    IMG_6004.png
    689.9 KB · Views: 12
Are you testing with your finger or a ball?

The bolts might be changing the angle it sits at so it's not being activated by the gates movement.

Loosen the switch and fiddle with it in switch test. I think the bolts are a red herring

The tightening of the two bolts is pinching/squeezing the switch inside. I’ve had this before, loosen, move the small plate at a slight angle if there’s any movement to, and retighten - might work, it fixed the issue when I had it.

The tightening of the two bolts is pinching/squeezing the switch inside. I’ve had this before, loosen, move the small plate at a slight angle if there’s any movement to, and retighten - might work, it fixed the issue when I had it.
Tried your suggestion, not much play in the metal plate, but enough to move it a little bit left or right, pushed it as far left as I could, and re tightened. Low and behold it’s now working, 5 games just played and all good. Thanks for the tip mate 👌

Back
Top Bottom