What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faulty ramp switch

Doggard

Site Supporter
Alias
Steven Dale
I have this ramp switch that’s playing up, I’ve had a tinker with it, and it doesn’t work when the 2 small securing bolts are fully tight, but when I loosen the bolts slightly, it works fine.
I have a replacement switch, but just wondered what the problem is.
My first pin, so have limited repair knowledge

Attachments

• IMG_6004.png
    IMG_6004.png
    689.9 KB · Views: 12
Are you testing with your finger or a ball?

The bolts might be changing the angle it sits at so it's not being activated by the gates movement.

Loosen the switch and fiddle with it in switch test. I think the bolts are a red herring

The tightening of the two bolts is pinching/squeezing the switch inside. I’ve had this before, loosen, move the small plate at a slight angle if there’s any movement to, and retighten - might work, it fixed the issue when I had it.

The tightening of the two bolts is pinching/squeezing the switch inside. I’ve had this before, loosen, move the small plate at a slight angle if there’s any movement to, and retighten - might work, it fixed the issue when I had it.
Tried your suggestion, not much play in the metal plate, but enough to move it a little bit left or right, pushed it as far left as I could, and re tightened. Low and behold it’s now working, 5 games just played and all good. Thanks for the tip mate 👌

Back
Top Bottom