What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Guy - What Should I Do? (please vote)

What should I do with my Family Guy?

• 1. Send back to be fixed

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 2. Get engineer out

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • 3. Full refund

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
iv had a HLD horror experience my self (they are only down the road from me), luckily it had a good ending and i dodged a bullet but HLD did drag it out for MONTHS, sales staff just want the commission and the company just wants the large profit they probably make selling games at the prices they do (even after paying 20% VAT)

Good thing is they are not crooks and if you ask for a refund they will, But if you go down the repair route I feel they will try but it WONT be there highest priority and it could potentially drag out for 6 months leaving you 6k down with a machine you cant use properly.

They did have Helmet from Highway working there on the pins at one point not sure if he's still there.

Id personally get a refund and wait for the next FG to come along for a reasonable price. One will probably pop up within the next 6 months and it will be half the price probably. As @CHRIS B PINBALLS says D Day is coming and a few machines will start to pop up.

Last edited:
Here are the steps you HAVE to follow: -

1 - Send machine back for a full refund
2 - Hurt the wife's feelings
3 - Buy a pin on this forum and save £2k
4 - Take wife away on holiday with the money saved thus healing her hurt feelings or buy her gifts.
5 - Keep enough money back from step 4 to book a weekend away at UKPinfest

@Crewey 4b: a week in vegas!
I'd be lying if I said Vegas wasn't her favourite place on the planet too :cool: we've been a dozen times.
If Virgin hadn't stopped their directs between Manchester and McCarran that'd be booked for the summer already ;)

As Nick said, HLD do read these threads (well we hope so!). This is a fantastic opportunity for them to conquer the heart of the pinball community (ie us!) and come out on the other side full of praise and glory. Come on guys, sort it to your buyer's satisfaction.

Yup definitely a keeper, it's been totally neglected and once Barry hopefully can sort all the issues on HLDs dime (at great expense to them hopefully) I'll look after it for as many moons as I can having it regularly serviced by the best pinball engineers out there, then hopefully it can be handed down to my nephews and then their children. What generation of kids aren't gonna love a game that farts and swears at you 🤣
Barry is the buyer for HLD at the moment isn't he? Pretty damn sure it was a Barry that bought my TSPP for HLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom