What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Guy - What Should I Do? (please vote)

What should I do with my Family Guy?

• 1. Send back to be fixed

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 2. Get engineer out

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • 3. Full refund

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again @myPinballs mate you're awesome 😊 gonna hold fire on any more investigating for now cheers.
HLD are booking an engineer, someone called Barry will phone me to arrange an appointment. Anyone know who that may be ?

Thanks all, despite the 💩situation I'm glad to have corresponded with some cool folks on here. Which I may very well not have done if the pin had been A1

Cheers,
Crewey

The money, I suspect, was a lot that was spent, let HLD fix it.
Barry knows what he us doing, trust me

Last edited:
Thanks again @myPinballs mate you're awesome 😊 gonna hold fire on any more investigating for now cheers.
HLD are booking an engineer, someone called Barry will phone me to arrange an appointment. Anyone know who that may be ?

Thanks all, despite the 💩situation I'm glad to have corresponded with some cool folks on here. Which I may very well not have done if the pin had been A1

Cheers,
Crewey
Thats great news, sounds like it will get resolved.

Looks like stevie wonder did the 140 point check on that one can’t believe they send pins out that are not on current software when it takes 20 mins to do
It just goes to prove the people who work for them have no clue what they are doing or just don’t care it just goes in and out of the showroom with nothing done too it

Looks like stevie wonder did the 140 point check on that one can’t believe they send pins out that are not on current software when it takes 20 mins to do
It just goes to prove the people who work for them have no clue what they are doing or just don’t care it just goes in and out of the showroom with nothing done too it
Checks 1 to 138, call round all operators and find one
Check 139 - collect pin and load in van

Check 140 - deliver to customer

From my personal experience they don't care, only care about the sale and definitely don't check basic things before delivering to customers. Well they didn't with me and it's clear they haven't with this. Although on a positive a least they are trying to resolve.

I k
Checks 1 to 138, call round all operators and find one
Check 139 - collect pin and load in van

Check 140 - deliver to customer

From my personal experience they don't care, only care about the sale and definitely don't check basic things before delivering to customers. Well they didn't with me and it's clear they haven't with this. Although on a positive a least they are trying to resolve.
They do seem to like to sell people the £350 led upgrade with the worst quality led I have ever seen even less light than original bulbs

The cpu board had a flash ram erase fault on it so that’s why it was stuck on v2. Luckily they got another cpu board mto him pretty quickly which is 1 positive and a minor miracle

Popping this list of issues/snags here for reference, to hopefully be able to strike through them once each is resolved.
Hopefully it can assist @pinsinthewild Barry should he happen to spot this before contacting us, so he sees what a 💩 show he's in for.
  1. Stewie Motor not working & has never worked for me (Coil #20, has standalone test function that does nothing)
  2. Meg Shake has recently stopped working (Coil #22) I suspect this may be a physical issue/damage rather than an electronic fault as I'm sure I can hear something is trying to happen when testing this)
  3. Flash Right Orbit (Coil #30) Testing this does nothing, possibly dead bulb?
  4. DMD - Has a dead pixel (As this is a refurbished :rolleyes: pin, if the general consensus is it's acceptable wear for the age of the pin then I can live with that until I can find a colour upgrade)
  5. Beer Can Switch has definitely decreased in sensitivity in the one month we've been playing this, now needs a plumb central thorough whack to activate
  6. Left flipper buzz/humming when depressed during game play

The below have only occurred since the CPU was replaced on Friday, with software V12.0 in use (Factory reset, and installed factory game rules before playing too)
  7. Ball Saver Post (Coil #12) the timing is now way out, after the 4th gong there is a stupidly long pause (far longer than the timings in settings) before the Post retreats. It was immediately after the 4th gong with the other CPU running V2.0 and the same Post settings)
  8. Balls are randomly launching mid-game when multiball hasn't be achieved, also occurring when not playing like it's doing this in 'attract' mode.
  9. Balls draining are now not being recognised by the game, the flippers all do the ball search flip/flip/flip before the game realises the ball has drained away. (This issue started late last night, so I just turned the pin off in despair😖 I've not turned it on today yet 😒
Noob advice required:
  1. Best method to remove decals, before attaching replacements (Beer Can)
  2. Type of level that's best suited to ensure pin is level, and safest method without a pin trolley.

Cheers
Crewey

Popping this list of issues/snags here for reference, to hopefully be able to strike through them once each is resolved.
Hopefully it can assist @pinsinthewild Barry should he happen to spot this before contacting us, so he sees what a 💩 show he's in for.
  1. Stewie Motor not working & has never worked for me (Coil #20, has standalone test function that does nothing)
  2. Meg Shake has recently stopped working (Coil #22) I suspect this may be a physical issue/damage rather than an electronic fault as I'm sure I can hear something is trying to happen when testing this)
  3. Flash Right Orbit (Coil #30) Testing this does nothing, possibly dead bulb?
  4. DMD - Has a dead pixel (As this is a refurbished :rolleyes: pin, if the general consensus is it's acceptable wear for the age of the pin then I can live with that until I can find a colour upgrade)
  5. Beer Can Switch has definitely decreased in sensitivity in the one month we've been playing this, now needs a plumb central thorough whack to activate
  6. Left flipper buzz/humming when depressed during game play

The below have only occurred since the CPU was replaced on Friday, with software V12.0 in use (Factory reset, and installed factory game rules before playing too)
  7. Ball Saver Post (Coil #12) the timing is now way out, after the 4th gong there is a stupidly long pause (far longer than the timings in settings) before the Post retreats. It was immediately after the 4th gong with the other CPU running V2.0 and the same Post settings)
  8. Balls are randomly launching mid-game when multiball hasn't be achieved, also occurring when not playing like it's doing this in 'attract' mode.
  9. Balls draining are now not being recognised by the game, the flippers all do the ball search flip/flip/flip before the game realises the ball has drained away. (This issue started late last night, so I just turned the pin off in despair😖 I've not turned it on today yet 😒
Noob advice required:
  1. Best method to remove decals, before attaching replacements (Beer Can)
  2. Type of level that's best suited to ensure pin is level, and safest method without a pin trolley.

Cheers
Crewey
Return it for full refund, not as described, buy a pinball from a seller on here,
Enjoy

If I'd have bought it I would have done by now mate, my wife would be absolutely gutted if I even suggested that though being a special birthday present.
This specific game has a great deal of nostalgia for our family too, we all played it every evening years ago in the states when we took our young nephews over to Disney for the first time.

1. DMD - Has a dead pixel (As this is a refurbished :rolleyes:pin, if the general consensus is it's acceptable wear for the age of the pin then I can live with that until I can find a colour upgrade)
- absolutely not, every single pixel should be working mate, demand a replacement

no 8 & 9. Most likely bad trough opto boards. Easy to replace. available from pinparts.co.uk or pinballheaven.co.uk, Or a bad/worn trough microswitch. (which i stock). Go in to switch test and check all the trough switches using a ball, not your finger!

I would keep the game, get it fixed by getting the parts/getting someone to fix it for you etc, keep a note of costs and tell HLD you want reimbursing for any repairs and all the parts you or the repairer of your choice fits etc. When something is a present from your other half, i can totally see why you don't want to return it.

Yup definitely a keeper, it's been totally neglected and once Barry hopefully can sort all the issues on HLDs dime (at great expense to them hopefully) I'll look after it for as many moons as I can having it regularly serviced by the best pinball engineers out there, then hopefully it can be handed down to my nephews and then their children. What generation of kids aren't gonna love a game that farts and swears at you 🤣

So do liberty games. bought my first pin from them, they didn’t have their own repair staff either
They look just as bad for prices, I think for the price they charge should have an on-site team, and who the hell is doing these supposed checks of quality,

I have a brilliant meme to go with this, but I think you would have to laugh and give me a strike at the same time lol,
I can think of three off the top of my head... none suitable for here... I'd have to ban myself!

Sorry guys me again, just spotted this blackening on the plug when I was about to have a few games 😖
It was a brand new mains lead according to the HLD 'service' notes.
Is this even greater cause for concern than all the other existing issues? Our house is fitted with chrome plated electrical sockets rather than standard plastic, could it just simply be a small amount of heat generated from this and using an extension would remedy ?plug.jpg

Attachments

• hld.jpg
    hld.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20220115_134327_262.jpg
    IMG_20220115_134327_262.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 43
  • pat.jpg
    pat.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 45
Sorry guys me again, just spotted this blackening on the plug when I was about to have a few games 😖
Is this even greater cause for concern than all the other existing issues? Our house is fitted with chrome plated electrical sockets rather than standard plastic, could it just simply be a small amount of heat generated from this and using an extension would remedy ?View attachment 157652
Well you can ignore the check lists, that basically toilet paper. The office admin probably ticket it based upon the delivery results.

I'm no electrican but that doesn't look good. Maybe its not earthed properly, others would have a better idea than me, I would be worried and would not even think of turning it on until it was fully checked by a qualified electrican, the last thing you want is a house fire. If exeperienced members say otherwise and its nothing then have a think :)

Is this even greater cause for concern than all the other existing issues? Our house is fitted with chrome plated electrical sockets rather than standard plastic, could it just simply be a small amount of heat generated from this and using an extension would remedy ?View attachment 157652
It just looks like a bit of dirt to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom