What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F I V E days of Pinball, including the UK Open

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
What an awesome weekend, I really think you guys pulled off something fantastic, that showed off flipout in an extremely positive light. Huge thanks to all the founding members who put in a huge amount of effort and a special thanks to Neil who went above and beyond, literally buying in top end machines for this event, not playing all weekend to make sure it was run smoothly, hats off to you sir.

From a personal perspective it was obviously a very positive weekend, the classics was fantastic, a great selection of machines that I really enjoyed playing and the final was awesome with some seriously high level play with some of the high scores of the whole weekend put up in the final.

And the main was a proper rollercoaster. I qualified pretty terribly and then got knocked into the loser bracket straight away, which meant that I would need to win 13 straight matches if I was going to make it to the final! Well that happened, which was amazing, riding my pony Dialled in! all the way to the final, not losing on it all day. I had some extremely tight matches, Rich pushed me all the way and that Addams game against Tux was one of the best battles I have had. The final was great and Roberto deserved the win, executing better than me on Accadacca, which was very impressive to watch.

Overall, a brilliant weekend, which was the perfect warm up for main event in just over a weeks time ;)

Yeah, I want to echo my thanks to all involved.

I never expect to get far in the big comps like this and this was no exception. Qualified terribly so I had an early start.

Me and pheebs were out of the loser bracket before Effie had her first game, but that meant we could watch her and then watch a load more epic games the rest of the day.

There was a lot of concern before the event that everyone would be pushed for time to fit it all in, but it all went brilliantly so well done to all involved.

Huge thanks to all the team at flip out and the wives, you put on a great set of tournaments at a great venue. Neil did a stellar job as TD which is a thankless task! I think all the players from abroad had a good time and it was great to see a decent amount of them in the tourney which has been sadly lacking over the last few years. I know Neil and the team have plans to build on this to make it even bigger and better next year!

Cheers Neil for setting up, I didn't realise that's how the machines are at PAPA :oops: first time I've played machines set on such 'Brutal mode'. Good to know thats how they do it.
Kirk's saves were something to behold and when he knocked me out it was fair and square. Roberto: what a wizard on that AC/DC which felt the meanest of the bunch to me. I learnt alot playing against who I did, Nick's nudging skills made me quite envious.

I had a great weekend, Beer and Pizza provided a great idea. Also made to feel quite welcome as a relative newbie (first UK Open I've been to). Brilliant to be able to play a black knight. Whole bunch of machines I've not played before there and all great to play; had some good fun and laughs.

Great to put names to faces and meet people, now very much looking forward to PinFest (& Jager Bombs - James) and having another crack at some competitive play and hopefully learning a few more skills to improve my standings next year :)

I really need more head to head experience as only won two matches in qualifiers and none in the finals! At least I had time to play batman dark knight and world poker tour to the death in order to lean the games and home in on my basic flipper skills!

Great to experience the brutality of the games! It’s funny how the ball often got matey with the bumpers making it incredibly difficult to regain control of the ball! Nudge at your peril as this often flashed tilt warnings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an awesome weekend, I really think you guys pulled off something fantastic, that showed off flipout in an extremely positive light. Huge thanks to all the founding members who put in a huge amount of effort and a special thanks to Neil who went above and beyond, literally buying in top end machines for this event, not playing all weekend to make sure it was run smoothly, hats off to you sir.

From a personal perspective it was obviously a very positive weekend, the classics was fantastic, a great selection of machines that I really enjoyed playing and the final was awesome with some seriously high level play with some of the high scores of the whole weekend put up in the final.

And the main was a proper rollercoaster. I qualified pretty terribly and then got knocked into the loser bracket straight away, which meant that I would need to win 13 straight matches if I was going to make it to the final! Well that happened, which was amazing, riding my pony Dialled in! all the way to the final, not losing on it all day. I had some extremely tight matches, Rich pushed me all the way and that Addams game against Tux was one of the best battles I have had. The final was great and Roberto deserved the win, executing better than me on Accadacca, which was very impressive to watch.

Overall, a brilliant weekend, which was the perfect warm up for main event in just over a weeks time ;)

@roadshow16’s pony

b578397dab72c263791e4c04397acfba.jpg

And hell yes PINBURGH!!! They just posted the banks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not in this weather. I'm staying with my ac.

Talking of AC, special thanks to Neil for the extraordinary amount of time, effort and money he put into this event. It was also a rare treat to have Domino Pinball covering the tournament on Twitch especially with commentary booth!

Thanks too to everyone who helped set up the club and run the event especially Matt Vince, Mike Parkins, Nick Hamill, Robin Kemp, Martin Ayub, Mike Kindler, Stan Simpson. Hope. I didn't miss anyone...

Thanks to everyone who came and supported the event. Hopefully we can take this event and do something special again in the future.

Talking of AC, special thanks to Neil for the extraordinary amount of time, effort and money he put into this event. It was also a rare treat to have Domino Pinball covering the tournament on Twitch especially with commentary booth!

Thanks too to everyone who helped set up the club and run the event especially Matt Vince, Mike Parkins, Nick Hamill, Robin Kemp, Martin Ayub, Mike Kindler, Stan Simpson. Hope. I didn't miss anyone...

Thanks to everyone who came and supported the event. Hopefully we can take this event and do something special again in the future.

Flip out was the perfect venue to host this event - maybe there are plans to go bigger and better next year! When are the feedback forms going out @Neil McRae?

You missed out Tim Thornton you tool

I might be the loud mouth but hopefully everyone knows that it was a team effort to get ready for this event.

Does anyone know why the results of the UK Open are not on IFPA yet?

The classics are up there. Maybe it's a timing thing???

IFPA asked a few questions which puts you to the back of the queue - will email them today and ask if they need any more info.

Cheers Neil and don't bust a gut over it. Thought it was just a timing thing and was just wondering.

Have a great time at Pinburgh and try to keep us updated if you have any spare time. Cheers.

As usual Ben you're wrong.

83e50c996b57b84f77fcbfcec358dde7.jpg
c304ae364bc25d37a4c28828014d4daa.jpg

I’m still 104th in the country only the classics and league results are there. Not expecting any points for the open having got knocked out so early but we will see.

Not bad when I was 108th slipped to 111 then back up to 104!

Yup can see that! Do we all get points for UK open? I’m not expecting anything finishing so low down.

If you keep playing IFPA events regularly at the standard you are now I think you might be able to get up to around 70-60th (that's about 20 wpprs) in the UK but then you'll need to improve your average results to climb any higher. Your average score in your top 20 right now is about 0.5 wwprs. Your highest score is 1.26 for a 22nd in decently scoring Flip Out League (that I won!).

If you keep playing IFPA events regularly at the standard you are now I think you might be able to get up to around 70-60th (that's about 20 wpprs) in the UK but then you'll need to improve your average results to climb any higher. Your average score right now is about 0.5 wwprs per top 20 event.

Thanks - to be fair there are some good players in our league etc... need to aim for high scores right? And keeping my good games consistent without recording lousy scores too often either!

There are some extremely good players in the Leagues you are involved in. However there’s also a lot more events going on, so you get the benefit of having lots of opportunities to clock up scores. You only need the occasional good game to creep up the rankings

Thanks - to be fair there are some good players in our league etc... need to aim for high scores right? And keeping my good games consistent without recording lousy scores too often either!

Well the bad scores don't bring your overall score down. Your rank is based purely on the top 20 scoring events from the last 3 years although after 1 and 2 years those scores are decreased so really you want 20 decent scores in the previous 12 months.

Well the bad scores don't bring your overall score down. Your rank is based purely on the top 20 scoring events from the last 3 years although after 1 and 2 years those scores are decreased so really you want 20 decent scores in the previous 12 months.

Well hopefully I can get decent scores more frequently than that!!!

Back
Top Bottom