What's new

Erm,no,NOT near mint at all

There is but I'm not very good at twisting his arm... :(

This is the work he did for me...

Before:

Copy of HH PF2.JPG

Not to mention how much paint the mylar took up with it when it came off.... :eek:

After:

HH photo.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I keep trying to persuade him to do a few more and that there's a demand for his repairs but he's very reluctant. He only did this one as a favour/thank you to me. It looks like new except we left the original ball swirls on which (I think) adds to the character. Then it was clear coated by someone else, hence the shine.

Still got to get the other two playfields done... :rolleyes:

I would have used it for firewood :p, takes magicians like Henrik & co to undertake such a demanding project and get it looking a peach, big thumbs up to that crew :thumbs:

It was effectively a scrap pf which was why I was happy to let my friend loose on it, I knew he was good and the result was way beyond any expectation I may have had or hoped for. :clap: The bottom left pop bumper area was several different levels and the previous owner had packed it with filler over the top of the mylar! :eek:

@abaxas - don't worry in another 20 years it'll probably look just as battered again... ;)

That looks like a great job Pete and there is certainly a demand for a service in the UK but would it make enough money to be profitable?
If he wants to try a TAF playfield, then please let me know.

That looks like a great job Pete and there is certainly a demand for a service in the UK but would it make enough money to be profitable?
If he wants to try a TAF playfield, then please let me know.

I think there is but he's not entirely convinced that it's a way forward that he wants to be doing for a career. Like it's ok as a hobby which you can do in your own time with no pressure but as a customer job with a deadline the fun of it goes out of the window and it becomes a pain very quickly...

There are a couple of lads near me that could do equally as good, I used to use them to do custom bike paint work and they are also masters at the art, I approached them a while back but the bottom line is this, they are chasing the big money, quick straightforward high paying cash jobs, messing around with bits of wood was going to yield more potential problems and less wonga than what was already coming in through the door, I think to take it on a career you would either have to be limited on space, not interested in doing what is already available that pays better or just want to do it as a niche etc, most people are trying to put food on the table so it may be a tricky career path, how many people are confident to strip a pf bare and send it off, that is a different proposal to doing a swap when both playfields are side by side, basically how busy would you be if that was your chosen career taking into account what you would have to charge to make it work, the cost of new repo pf's available for some machines and demand.

Suppose to have text saying excuse the crappy phone photos which make stunning look very ordinary indeed... :oops:

Indeed :clap:

I'm surprise that Gottlieb put so much of the art work under one of the pop bumper though o_O

Indeed :clap:

I'm surprise that Gottlieb put so much of the art work under one of the pop bumper though o_O
That's what POTO is like, lots of beautiful artwork totally covered by plastics.
Shame because it's a joy to see.

Back
Top Bottom