What's new

Erm,no,NOT near mint at all

Think someone used it as an ironing board & got distracted whilst puttting the creases in a shirt or did I just do too much acid when I was younger :confused: .

Last edited:
Can't get my head round why someone would want to pay around 700 for 2nd hand when you can buy new for 800. But as usual, what do I know

You can't just go out an buy a new one. They haven't been repro'd for ages so the only ones available are from peoples private stash and they come up rarely. Whoever got @Judge Dreads one got a bargain IMO as I think it was one of the better IPB repro's and therefore quite sought after.

It had a few minor imperfections, very minor, Poi and Daz saw it, anyway the buyer had a good moan so I refunded about £70 I think, can't remember, my asking price was probably about £850, all a blur, damn that blasted alzheimer's, figures are ballpark but pretty close, may have gone for less than £800 in the end, I just could not be ****d to do the swap or haggle and the buyer really needed it, do I miss it? do I ***k, one less hassle in my life :)

I ummed and arred about this one when it was first put up for sale by a forum member before Christmas and again this time round, I was going to see it tomorrow with cash. For for the exact reasons Ronsplooter mentions, NOS originals in good condition do not appear often and are usually not cheap. Repro's are not available other than private stash that were bought and held onto. The cost of sending the playfield off to be restored, plus the pain of a doing a bare strip and then complete rebuild later (month) would scares me. Buying a worn secondhand PF to be sent off will cost money upfront and with the restore you are still looking at stumping up maybe £900 altogether, though some costs can be recouped if you then sell on your original worn PF when done.

So a good restored PF would be worth £700 if it is the only option you have. Plus you don't play the underside, if the restoration work on top is barely detectable and the wood burn mostly covered by a magnet when put together, then it might work out well.

I ummed and arred about this one when it was first put up for sale by a forum member before Christmas and again this time round, I was going to see it tomorrow with cash. For for the exact reasons Ronsplooter mentions, NOS originals in good condition do not appear often and are usually not cheap. Repro's are not available other than private stash that were bought and held onto. The cost of sending the playfield off to be restored, plus the pain of a doing a bare strip and then complete rebuild later (month) would scares me. Buying a worn secondhand PF to be sent off will cost money upfront and with the restore you are still looking at stumping up maybe £900 altogether, though some costs can be recouped if you then sell on your original worn PF when done.

So a good restored PF would be worth £700 if it is the only option you have. Plus you don't play the underside, if the restoration work on top is barely detectable and the wood burn mostly covered by a magnet when put together, then it might work out well.

You have first dibs on mine.... ;) give it a few weeks with the restoration guy in Germany and it would probably come in well under £700!!!

I was under the opinion that they charge £700 to do the work, plus shipping etc. But lets do it.
Hurry up Paul.

I never got over you calling it a dog two years ago ;).
Would have swapped your pf out in a heartbeat to stop it barking :D, mine has zero chair wear and is in great shape, just not perfect, but perfect when I squint and probably way too good to bother swapping, seemed I had too much time on my hands when I purchased the repro, the repro had the chair hole routed out into a bevel, that put a spanner in the works right from the off, that chair edge needs to be crisp and sharp, just like mine ;)

Last edited:
I had come up with a lengthy reply to this but thought its best not!
I've got an addams playfield with Henrik at the moment. Average levels of wear in the usual places. I've been told it's going to be more in the 900-1000 euros range. That seemed to be about average for an addams from what he told me.

Henrik and his team are magicians, you get what you pay for, that thing will come back looking like a million dollars, well worth paying more and getting the real deal if you are going to go through all the mither of swapping out a TAF, believed to be the most labour intensive with MB a close second.

That was my thinking. He did a super job on the theatre of magic. Only went with the other people initially as they had an "a1 condition,as new" playfield ready to ship.

I had come up with a lengthy reply to this but thought its best not!
I've got an addams playfield with Henrik at the moment. Average levels of wear in the usual places. I've been told it's going to be more in the 900-1000 euros range. That seemed to be about average for an addams from what he told me.

HOW MUCH?!?!?!??!?! I know the work is good but FFS??!?!

Don't shoot me down or forgive my opinion but I really don't see how it can be worth it. I have a TAF and I think it is pretty good (bought from Rodger Airplane a few years back, my first pin and I was a total noob) now if I was selling it, and I never will so it doesn't matter, and I posted it on the forum it would probably get pulled to pieces but I saw Calimori's when he first got his and although it had a few issues, with the work he put into it I thought from the pics provided it looked a very reasonable TAF, I would certainly never be able to justify spending nearly a grand to get it absolutely mint, not that I don't want it so because it was my first machine and I love it loads but a little bit of mansion wear or a bit of wear here and there would not be enough to spend the price of a Black Rose (example because I bought JMP's) just to get it totally mint. maybe I should post a few pics and throw myself open to a bit of honesty, although I might cry!
Am I missing something?
Adie

He certainly isn't cheap and your opinion is a very valid one. I guess it comes down to what you want. If you want a nice players machine then henriks work is not something you'd consider. If you get your pleasure from trying to restore something to better than new condition, then suddenly it makes more sense. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the playing, but knowing that I've done the best I can on something enhances my enjoyment of it. I know henrik is doing this part rather than me but I also know my limits and having seen the work he does I'm happy to support his business.
Not sure what his current lead time is but he's looking for more airbrush artists as he's so busy.

Don't shoot me down or forgive my opinion but I really don't see how it can be worth it. I have a TAF and I think it is pretty good (bought from Rodger Airplane a few years back, my first pin and I was a total noob) now if I was selling it, and I never will so it doesn't matter, and I posted it on the forum it would probably get pulled to pieces but I saw Calimori's when he first got his and although it had a few issues, with the work he put into it I thought from the pics provided it looked a very reasonable TAF, I would certainly never be able to justify spending nearly a grand to get it absolutely mint, not that I don't want it so because it was my first machine and I love it loads but a little bit of mansion wear or a bit of wear here and there would not be enough to spend the price of a Black Rose (example because I bought JMP's) just to get it totally mint. maybe I should post a few pics and throw myself open to a bit of honesty, although I might cry!
Am I missing something?
Adie
You either want a Mint (peachy) machine of you don't.
Thats what separates us from each other.

He certainly isn't cheap and your opinion is a very valid one. I guess it comes down to what you want. If you want a nice players machine then henriks work is not something you'd consider. If you get your pleasure from trying to restore something to better than new condition, then suddenly it makes more sense. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the playing, but knowing that I've done the best I can on something enhances my enjoyment of it. I know henrik is doing this part rather than me but I also know my limits and having seen the work he does I'm happy to support his business.
Not sure what his current lead time is but he's looking for more airbrush artists as he's so busy.
You would think there would be a airbrush artist in the U.K. that could take on the demand for playfield repair and touch up work.

Don't get me wrong, I want a mint machine but I don't feel mine is anywhere near bad enough to spend that kind of money and put that kind of work for the difference, if mine was down to the wood in places and was really rough then I couldn't live with it and I would have to do something about it. My point was that my machine although not mint, I feel is a nice example and would not justify the expenditure to make it mint as the change would not be noticeable enough versus the cash involved. I will open an new post and place pics of mine and see what you think. I suppose another reason is that I have not got the skills a lot of you guys have. I have read in awe the TAF shop log and really wish I had that kind of skill and patience to do that kind of work but I haven't so anything I want to do, I have to throw cash at. That at the moment with one thing and another is something I don't have the luxury to do!
I admire all the things you guys do and wish I was in the same league but I know my limitations so have to work with the best I have got.
Cheers Adie

That's how I felt about mine hence why I decided that a new pf was unnecessary, I like peachey playfields but when it was all weighed up the work and cost involved was not worth the benefit, like Daz/elrikos said it's all about what you want and your attitude/frame of mind towards you possession. I carry cement in my car, never wash it and don't really give a toss if someone rolls a trolley into it, I know someone with exactly the same car that cleans and waxes it every weekend and would not dream of filling it with bricks (I would even mix the cement in the back of mine), neither is right or wrong, just what floats your dingy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom