What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EPC 2019 - The build up...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Lol Levi on commentary is epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, apparently he got a yellow card, but after david had knocked him out.

I'm not sure the punishment is sufficient to deter future cheating from people.

Apparently so. Theres no way you can death save accidentally. No one would have noticed if it wasnt being streamed as it didn't look like anything more than a nudge.
Does he do it more often than we know? I guess only Frank can answer that. Maybe they need cameras above all machines at major comps?

Or just follow known cheaters, it’s not like he doesn’t have form for crap like this

Reminds me of footballers who dive and fake fouls - bet none of you moan when your team gets a penalty out of it!

Frank was caught and got a penalty much in the same way footballers if they get caught get a yellow or red card...

To be honest there was a distinct lack of TD visibility and there where many contradictory decisions between them.

Reminds me of footballers who dive and fake fouls - bet none of you moan when your team gets a penalty out of it!

Frank was caught and got a penalty much in the same way footballers if they get caught get a yellow or red card...

To be honest there was a distinct lack of TD visibility and there where many contradictory decisions between them.

Sounds like this tournament wasn’t as well run as some others are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great final 17B on AFM! He got more bonus that I get on my average game!

In my view he was let of lightly - it could l, most probably should, have been a DQ.

They didn’t test the setup to see if it was unfair they just started messing about with it. Without knowing if the game was setup right we will never know!

As I noted earlier decision making was super inconsistent throughout the whole weekend.

Reactions: PUP
He could have been disqualified for a tilt through in his very first ball though

Wasn’t his fault, machine was poorly set up and not even tested beforehand... they literally put them on the stage 20 mins before the final!

They levelled and cleaned the glass but didn’t even have a test game.

It was also a poor decision to have Mousin Around in Final... the stuck ball issue was a known issue throughout the weekend

That said... Great atmosphere... great tournament and great people!

Plus we need more Levi in the box! He is a fun guy and we had an absolute blast with the NYC guys till 5am this morning

Reactions: PUP
Plus we need more Levi in the box! He is a fun guy and we had an absolute blast with the NYC guys till 5am this morning

I thought he came across as a loud and foul mouthed, buffoon who talked over the other commentators to ensure his voice was heard, to the detriment of hearing other people's views.
Especially as the only game he demonstrated any meaningful knowledge on was AFM.

Just goes to show how good Tim's streams are in comparison.

Wasn’t his fault, machine was poorly set up and not even tested beforehand... they literally put them on the stage 20 mins before the final!

They levelled and cleaned the glass but didn’t even have a test game.

It was also a poor decision to have Mousin Around in Final... the stuck ball issue was a known issue throughout the weekend

That said... Great atmosphere... great tournament and great people!

Great atmosphere and great people. Not so sure about the other one.

I’m kinda of biased I guess as I played badly and that will clearly be impacting my view - but the tournament was disappointing. Machine setup in particular was pretty crap; they basically brought the games in, did install comp mode and hoped for the best, even some of the games where running ROMS that did things that were strange and not listed on the backglass. There was loads of games with leg bolts that just handn’t been put on right! I saw someone get double danger when they leaned on a game that had bozo leg install. Then the decision making; Some folks getting to restart the game without any question, some folks despite having 4 witnesses having to make a really strong case to get a consolation ball.

The whole game token system was as much of a farce as the 2018 UK pinball open, in fact maybe even worse. They could have easily ran the qualifying for this using matchplay or DTM, then people would have known when they had to play and how quickly game queues where moving, folks would know what scores where positioning them where, on the booth you would know who was playing what and as a player you;’d be certain that your scores were entered correctly... and you could choose what games you wanted to play rather than just going to empty games because you had limited time. Even the second chance tournament was stupid. It was 3 rounds of matchplay on 3 banks of machines where you used a randomiser to select the game and if it was in use you went down the row until you found a game that was free! When matchplay could have ran the whole thing and managed the games at the same time. Mental.

On the plus side the food and drink at the venue was fantastic. Copenhagen is a lovely city and you could find Carlsberg everywhere.

I thought he came across as a loud and foul mouthed, buffoon who talked over the other commentators to ensure his voice was heard, to the detriment of hearing other people's views.
Especially as the only game he demonstrated any meaningful knowledge on was AFM.

Just goes to show how good Tim's streams are in comparison.

LOL classic Wayne, he must know NOTHING about games and got to 100 odd in IFPA by a miracle.

Levi believes in making things hyped and exciting; he is always welcoming and friendly and is focused on positivity - without a shadow of a doubt the NYCPC that Levi runs is the best comp after pinburgh because of that very fact and in my view is one of the best people in pinball. I’m not sure I get the last statement at all.

Cheers,
Neil.

LOL classic Wayne, he must know NOTHING about games and got to 100 odd in IFPA by a miracle
Just my view, but I found that the commentators knew A strategy to score points, rather than the nuances and in depth knowledge.

That's basically what you need to perform in comps, 1 go to strategy which is a safe way to score points, a perfect example was people playing GotG. I would NEVER start with Quills Quest, as it is not the best strategy for scoring points, but is safe to put some points on the board.
When Johan was playing Met, all the focus was on him hitting right ramp/dead end for points, it wasnt noted that he deliberately claimed the hurry up in the right ramp so he was working towards CIU modes.
There were many such strategies employed, which didn't follow the 'usual' strategy people follow, mainly from copying what they've seen on streams, and the commentators didn't know about them.

Getting to top 100 isn't determined about game knowledge, its about playing skill.

Back
Top Bottom