What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the pins you see frequently available are the pins that you can get bored of quite quickly. Collectors will always keep hold of the pins that have a longer 'playability' factor than other, lesser titles.

Pins in Uk could now be considered 'rare' as it is. The term 'rare' should not be thought of in numbers made, but in numbers available for sale. In the UK, thats not very many at all.

But in the USA the price for an MM is simlilar to UK prices, yet they are always for sale?

Yes, TAF's for over 2k is nuts. Over 20000 made and they usually have been played to death so not in great condition.

Which titles were you thinking of that become boring quickly? Just curious.

Over the years I reckon I have seen more Getaway:HSII on ebay than any other titles. It often seemed that at any time almost without fail there would be one listed.

Other common ones STTNG, LW3, Demo Man, .....and until maybe the last year...TAF oddly enough, there always used to be one on there.

HS2 - fun game but 13259 produced so guessing there are high numbers of these in UK? Many of the A titles have gone to Europe. I was told only 50 AFM's were ever in the country and many of those have gone so I guess it is not surprising that some titles very hard to get. CV suddenly become very popular and only 2700 made so again prices goes mad. Trick is to buy titles that are going to get popular but not sure what! I just want the ones that I enjoy playing.......trouble is they tend to be the popular ones!

Replay' date=' post: 1677906 said:
Yes, TAF's for over 2k is nuts. Over 20000 made and they usually have been played to death so not in great condition.

Which titles were you thinking of that become boring quickly? Just curious.

Grizz pretty much covered it with his answer, but i'll add Wh20 to that list....(imo of course)

jonathan' date=' post: 1677903 said:
But in the USA the price for an MM is simlilar to UK prices, yet they are always for sale?

A returning customer in the US emailed the other day asking for a list of mods, I enquired about his collection so that I could tailor the list, here's what came back:

MM (4), TZ(2), AFM ,MB(3),IJ(2), LOTR,TOTAN, Spiderman, TOM, AF(2), CV, SS, STNG , SPP, FH, Creature, WH2O, Batman, Guns and Roses, CC(2), CP, Indy 500, RS, Ironman (2), Sherk, CSI,Tron, Elvis, Avitar, Rolling Stones.

Looks like there are that many MM in the US that they have 4 each :eek:

Dreads' date=' post: 1677922 said:
A returning customer in the US emailed the other day asking for a list of mods, I enquired about his collection so that I could tailor the list, here's what came back:

MM (4), TZ(2), AFM ,MB(3),IJ(2), LOTR,TOTAN, Spiderman, TOM, AF(2), CV, SS, STNG , SPP, FH, Creature, WH2O, Batman, Guns and Roses, CC(2), CP, Indy 500, RS, Ironman (2), Sherk, CSI,Tron, Elvis, Avitar, Rolling Stones.

Looks like there are that many MM in the US that they have 4 each :eek:

Jeezus.... When someone replies wth a list like that and states they have multiples of some real crackers, i whoop out the voodoo doll, chant some IJ "homenemon shabeye" and wipe my **** with it.......
biggrin-1.png

He was a straight up guy, purchased multiples of the same mods for his duplicated titles, I really felt like asking if he wanted to part with one of the four but refrained (would not be very professional now would it
rolleyes-1.gif
)

replicas' date=' post: 1677988 said:
Andy get him asked, you know you need to do this. :oops:

Dave is asking about pin import cost on the group ATM, an expensive venture by the sounds of it unless you import about 3 at a time, maybe I should be really cheeky and ask if he minds parting with a MM, MB and CC.

Dreads' date=' post: 1677989 said:
Dave is asking about pin import cost on the group ATM, an expensive venture by the sounds of it unless you import about 3 at a time, maybe I should be really cheeky and ask if he minds parting with a MM, MB and CC.

Well if you don't ask you will never know.

Might even get some sort of group buy sorted and fill a container will the proceeds.

2220 for the SS. Turned one down last year for 1600. It makes you think about throwing your whole collection on ebay and keeping the cash for a nib!

Yep - 2 bidders went over 2k! I was waiting with my £1750 bid but no such luck:(

I saw the game and played it. Nice guy. Wasn't as nice as the photos but the playfield was nice though. Needed new legs, and a good re-furb though.

This is why I rarely bid without a visit - less chance of a shock.

That said, I could have had a mint CV a few months ago for £3100 and because it took so long to set up a visit, I lost it......it was really nice........another one to add to the list of close, but not this time.

I came 2nd on the SS, again I have my limits, no point being silly now is there?? mint ones were fetching £1200 a few years back, I'm sure some veterans on the group will remember them at £400 with a MM thrown in for good measure.

Just got an SS myself. Paid just over 2k for it with some minor playfield wear. Didnt really want to pay that much due to the wear but i love the game so i just had to have it......

A buddy of mine who owns a pub just bought a Star Wars Trilogy off ebay for £1000 to site. Wish he'd asked me first as its a right dog! Playfield is dropping to bits, cab art is scratched to pieces, and its a **** game to boot!

1k for a knackered Star Wars Trilogy is pretty painful. Not quite as painful as over £1400 for a BROKEN Mario pin! Mind you, I see that is back on eBay again. What a surprise. No explaination of why it has been relisted after selling for such a huge amount.

You are probably right. This seems to go on a lot these days. There was an over-priced Popeye not so long ago that must have sold 3 times before it finally disappeared for good.

Fintan Stack' date=' post: 1678142 said:
You are probably right. This seems to go on a lot these days. There was an over-priced Popeye not so long ago that must have sold 3 times before it finally disappeared for good.

No, that was legit, Ive bought all 3
biggrin-1.png

Not me but did have my eye on it and was watching the clock tick, won't pay well above market value for a machine (£3500 requested), I will wait or go without unless I sell one of my current line-up and have money to burn, not that parting with the DM, JD or FS would make a big fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom