What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
These DE press ad's on Ebay from "back in the day" are interesting.

1575370905902.png

1575370951360.png

£5k for a World Cup soccer, HUO and imported from a family in the us 20 years ago. UK coin door and uk voltage on back?

All games were imported originally. I think you should assume it’s UK new unless the original owners converted the voltage and had new stickers installed. Be interesting to track the serial number.

The listing is obviously complete fiction. Or he has had it for 2 years and believed what the old owner said.

I do recognise the sticker on the back, is that a Herondata or AMR amusements stock sticker ?

Is it my imagination or is the backbox GI off?

If any further points are needed about that 'u.s.' World Cup '94, the serial number shows it's a u.k. machine - by then, WMS were using the 2nd & 3rd digits of the model number as a territory identifier. The '10' contained in '51031' confirms u.k. production.

Under the additional label it probably also states "England" and/or "ECA" (Electronic Coin Acceptor), which I think I can see just to the right of that leaf-shaped stain

Correction - AIR it's the label on the shipping carton that would've specified England, the ones on/in the machine will be 'World Cup '94 ECA'

Last edited:
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN PINBALL MACHINE .OWNED FROM NEW ,HOME USE ONLY. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/233426786395

Just a friendly heads up for anyone who spots this and maybe interested, i spoke with this guy on behalf of a friend on mine who’s looking to get his first pin, seller imo is extremely suspicious, couldnt get more photos over the course of a month, couldn’t arrange a time to view on multiple occasions.

Can’t prove it’s HUO or give any history of the game as it’s his brothers who was originally indisposed in hospital, then when I was in the area for a week working to easily view, he then said he had passed away, couple of weeks later I checked in with him wished him condolences etc and was then told the family wanted the eBay listing/sale putting on hold for the foreseeable future, while they deal with his brothers tragic death...... that was a week ago. Make of it what you wish; just don’t want to see anyone here get ripped off.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN PINBALL MACHINE .OWNED FROM NEW ,HOME USE ONLY. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/233426786395

Just a friendly heads up for anyone who spots this and maybe interested, i spoke with this guy on behalf of a friend on mine who’s looking to get his first pin, seller imo is extremely suspicious, couldnt get more photos over the course of a month, couldn’t arrange a time to view on multiple occasions.

Can’t prove it’s HUO or give any history of the game as it’s his brothers who was originally indisposed in hospital, then when I was in the area for a week working to easily view, he then said he had passed away, couple of weeks later I checked in with him wished him condolences etc and was then told the family wanted the eBay listing/sale putting on hold for the foreseeable future, while they deal with his brothers tragic death...... that was a week ago. Make of it what you wish; just don’t want to see anyone here get ripped off.

Seems legit to me. He's got over 2000 feedback. I don't think anyone would make up living up Mow Cop 😂 I wouldn't recommend driving up there in the winter though, it's ridiculously steep.

Seems legit to me. He's got over 2000 feedback. I don't think anyone would make up living up Mow Cop 😂 I wouldn't recommend driving up there in the winter though, it's ridiculously steep.

Your obviously a lot more trusting than me :p if someone can’t get pics or arrange a viewing at their own home within a month/month and a half that’s a red flag to me.

Your obviously a lot more trusting than me :p if someone can’t get pics or arrange a viewing at their own home within a month/month and a half that’s a red flag to me.

People from that area are 'a bit unusual' shall we say. They have their odd ways.

Gilligan's is traditionally the entry level, bargain basement Bally Williams DMD title. This could go reel cheep and be board, DMD, cabinet and transformer fodder for a breaker.

Its death could allow new life for a number of proper 90s DMD pinball machines.

Nice trip to Bridlington for someone. Proper beef dripping fish and chips still to be had here. I used to know a very successful individual who said that the best job of his entire life was working as an 18 year old on the promenade, inland speedboats at Brid....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/324006055926

Fascinating description .....

Gillian’s Island used pinball machines. Condition is Used. Collection in person only.

I have for sale my pinball owned for 3 years with no issues other than the odd bulb and rubber it’s been good fun and a great conversation starter at parties.The reason for sale is due to house refurbished and my games room has now gone,the cabinet is in good condition few paint scuffs from being moved around play field is good,glass good could benefit from a clean and some tlc

Bad bit up until 3 months ago all was working moved it from games room to lounge which meant taking top box off labelled all plugs up put it back together and it doesn’t work it all lights up in the back transformer humming away providing power speaker crackling so I’ve got a plug wrong or a dry joint it is genuinely something and nothing for someone that knows a bit about them.

im a genuine seller don’t sell rubbish when I do sell check my feed back from all my previous sales

I have it booked in to be looked at and repaired next weekend but if I take it the price will be more than twice the current buy it now.

I’ve been as honest as I can this will be a good cheap pin for someone I have the manual and some replacement rubbers for the flippers and bumpers etc

Collection only thanks

Gillian's Island :D

Seller's ended the listing already with bids on, so did it sell for £510 or did he take a higher offer?

10 years ago we got a Gilligans with missing display off eBay for £100 buy it now. lets just say it never made it onto its legs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom