What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the postage thing recently with an arcade machine. No pics, no feedback and posted with large letter.
Turns out it was an older chap using ebay for the first time and didn't know how to use it. So it was a genuine sale.
Just goes to show for 100 scams, there may be one real

I think as long as you punch air holes in the box, it’s fine on a 48 hour turnaround
Funny story. I actually work for Royal mail. Had a box of bugs for a customer but guy wasn't in. So it was brought back to the depot.
The next morning the woman who works in the office came running out screaming. They had made an escape from the container and we had 50 grasshoppers jumping everywhere. I was finding them days later in the photocopier and everything.

Funny story. I actually work for Royal mail. Had a box of bugs for a customer but guy wasn't in. So it was brought back to the depot.
The next morning the woman who works in the office came running out screaming. They had made an escape from the container and we had 50 grasshoppers jumping everywhere. I was finding them days later in the photocopier and everything.
I had no idea you were allowed to send living things until I spoke to a bee keeper a while ago - apparently mail-order queen bees are a thing and RM deliver them!

The first pinball that I ever bought was from a chap that did postal order live fish for a living? For aquariums? Not sure if that’s still going on?

when I was in the Army, we used to buy boxes of live crickets from the pet shop and let them out under peoples doors during the night. Big hairy **** squaddies running out of their rooms screaming never gets old 😬

Is it just me - or have they (as in flea bay) made it even easier to hide the fact you are bumping the price up ?

Used to be you could see the names of people bidding - then to make it "better" they hid that. But you could see the bidding activity of bidders. So if someone had 100% of activity on an item.. and nothing else in the last month.. thats a warning sign.

Now there's nothing. Just a list of meaningless names and amounts ?

That and the mad defaults they apply to a listing now (which has been briefly touched on earlier in this thread) Its as if EB are trying to put people off selling on there.

Offers on running auctions drive me nuts as a buyer and seller.

Had 32 offers on star wars all below £999 until 24 hours in and it had a bid. Ended up at £2750

And the 3 offers below £99 for game of thrones are surely an attempt at a wind up

Then when ebay auto relist items that you put on during a promo but with full fees and it sells and you wonder why your monthly invoice is through the roof

Buyers like to punish sellers who make listing errors like demanding you honour £3 second class post on arcade cabs so the owness in fairness is on you the seller to check listings for auto fills

Oh yeah - Offers is another of the (fairly) recent auto additions ive noticed on there too - and I can see why that would get irritating. I mean I guess even w/o it you got a few "how much do you want for it" messages, but easier to click "OFFER" and stick a 'cheeky' amount in I think.

You can set an amount which gets auto-declined on offers. So start auction at 2500 and only accept offers over 2250 or 2750 or whatever amount you want. Downside is a bit like having a reserve, people will bung in offers from a burner account to figure out the level and then cancel the offer 2min later <sigh>

You can set an auto-accept amount as well, which I sometimes do for books that I list, though that is for BIN rather than auctions - don't get the silliness of having to have offers on everything with a business seller account.

Yeah - but if I want to put "offers" on there I can do that - and all of those things - point is its adding that option automatically :(
So w/o realising it your getting people offering you amounts.. when you just wanna let it auction..

Yes Chris - was just after the PF for wall art :)

@Paul I received these pictures of the PF today (it’s still with my colleague who collected it for me) I reckon with a little Novus 1 it’ll come up like new (stole that from an eBay advert :rofl:)

@Paul, Yep it’s knackered, but if you want it, PM me the address you want it sent to, I won’t get it for about two weeks and then will need to pull off all those immaculate condition spares!!!! (Won’t take long ha ha)
E0143DAF-87DE-495D-93FD-733E364A9379.jpeg
5D4724F0-5F0F-4A3B-807B-7024892E1408.jpeg
9BCAED20-94FF-40C0-8F7B-E85177D5D463.jpeg
3B3046CD-9AF0-4FF4-A52C-F660B4BDFBF8.jpeg

Chris.

Hi Chris....

Owwch!! I mean i dont mind bad condition.. however that is seriously trashed!!!

Appreciate it mate - However I really wouldn't worry about it... :rofl:

Henrick Maurer (Pinball Dreams ~Germany) will be able to bring that back to better than when it left the factory but it will cost north of 1600 Euro. His work is truly amazing and once he has finished the artwork, he seals it with 6+ layers of Clearkote so the finish is as smooth as glass.

Henrick Maurer (Pinball Dreams ~Germany) will be able to bring that back to better than when it left the factory but it will cost north of 1600 Euro. His work is truly amazing and once he has finished the artwork, he seals it with 6+ layers of Clearkote so the finish is as smooth as glass.

@Paul Do you want me to send it direct to Henrick for you? I'll generously let you pay the refurb costs though :rofl:

Chris.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Popeye-Pinball/174092991140?hash=item2888c03aa4:g:LbcAAOSweKNdyYyZ

2 hours to go. Currently £1350

Terrible pics so hard to see much - cab very faded, no reds left. Credit dot .Looks like flippers *might* be regular size bats, not the factory 'lightning'. Sounds like it was out on site briefly then started playing up, so I would expect some issues.

View attachment 97312
Must have been on site very briefly as it only left the previous owner very recently........and yes it had plenty of issues glossed over in the previous seller`s ad. It was only minutes away from me , i had a look in person.

Must have been on site very briefly as it only left the previous owner very recently........and yes it had plenty of issues glossed over in the previous seller`s ad. It was only minutes away from me , i had a look in person.
Apparently working perfectly and refurbished by previous owner. Hmmmm.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Popeye Pinball Machine

Sorry If My Description Is Not The Best Or Is Shocking,
I Purchased This Machine Along With A Jurassic Pinball (Also For Sale).

It Was Purchased Of A Chap In Scotland Who Refurbished It & Added Several New LED Bulbs.

I Got It Home & It Worked Perfect For A Week Or Two In My Unit To Which It Started Cutting Out & Restarting So I Assumed It Was Broken, Got It Too My House & Plugged It In In The Kitchen & Now All Works Perfect So Fault Was Narrowed Down To Electrics In The Unit.

I Have A Video Which I Can send Of Machine Working Perfect If Anyone Would Like To see I

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom