What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was crap :D I messaged the guy as soon as i saw it on here - got back to me saying it was still available... i got back to him and said i could pick it up that evening... and got silence back! :D
(not bitter at all - Just was after the PF - One less thing to litter the place :D ). Just goes to show how crap sellers are :D

I also messaged him and he gave me a call back, sent the money by Paypal immediately as he said there had been a lot of interest.

I should get to see it sometime next week, @Paul I'll let you know how it is....... Is it for wall art you want it?

Gumtree is a bit crap, mate of mine bought of there, drove 3+ hours each way as arranged to collect it to be told on arrival they had sold it the day before!.

Chris.

I also messaged him and he gave me a call back, sent the money by Paypal immediately as he said there had been a lot of interest.

I should get to see it sometime next week, @Paul I'll let you know how it is....... Is it for wall art you want it?

Gumtree is a bit crap, mate of mine bought of there, drove 3+ hours each way as arranged to collect it to be told on arrival they had sold it the day before!.

Chris.

:rofl: It certainly is! Was chatting to a guy trying to sell some insulation on Gumtree... said he had in the region of 15 people all say they were coming and none had turned up... is mental!

Yes Chris - was just after the PF for wall art :)

Same here I got a £2 (Closing Fees) promotion here. If you use eBay on a regular basis it's free to list of course.

Last edited:
Defo £1, got the Ebay message this morning and offer now active, perhaps it's because I haven't listed anything in a while :hmm:

1573386416647.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223742324136?ul_noapp=true
Seems cheap (although reserve not met). Think its already ended once.
Is there some reason this should be avoided ? Bad gameplay ? Hard to fix ?

Just curious
Flippers and bumpers not working.
1 display out.
And it's a gottlieb, so not as much love as other machines.

If the bloke has bought as a project then he must know a little bit, which means the broken flippers and bumpers arent going to be just a fuse, so could be a money pit to get an unpopular game going again.

I bought a dead Genie on eBay a year or so ago.

Very few UK buyers for SS Gottliebs. Very little knowledge out there in the UK regarding how to fix them.

I actually found parts availability to be really good. Game specifics, plastics, electronics, mechs ..... But spares need importing from USA or Europe.

I don't think they are more complex than Bally, Williams titles from the same era. The problem is that they are rare in the UK and the electronics, connectors, diode banks, 10x parallel switch type stuff so they are very different internally to what most nerds are used to.

415 for a dead one of those is about right IMHO. Seller probably has unrealistic expectations.

I got the £1 offer too, never actually used the offer before so probably explains why it’s cheaper.

Anyone know anything about this Simpsons machine description doesn’t sound correct especially where it’s been posted in a large letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't touch the defaults it adds that text in to the details automatically now and if you change it afterwards it leaves it in unless you delete it manually.
Its a pain - used to be easy, now you have to watch or it'll allow best offers, drop the price if it doesn't sell and stick extra text in the description unless you have your wits about you.

Not saying it's not dodgy, but the postage thing alone wouldn't worry me, the two word description might though!

Its a bit weird both ways. You would think that for a 1600 start price you would add more than 'Bart Simpson pinball'. But likewise, if you were going to scam, you could put in a bit more effort!

If you don't touch the defaults it adds that text in to the details automatically now and if you change it afterwards it leaves it in unless you delete it manually.
Its a pain - used to be easy, now you have to watch or it'll allow best offers, drop the price if it doesn't sell and stick extra text in the description unless you have your wits about you.

Not saying it's not dodgy, but the postage thing alone wouldn't worry me, the two word description might though!
I thought the very same thing when I see [people picking up postage - ebay default adds postage to listing - but to be honest if your selling a pair of socks you may list description " pair of socks " you would think a pinball would carry a more detailed description

Back in the dark & dirty days of shoddy websites of 2001-ish, I came across an estate agent's website that was a basic shopping cart site, only with houses on it - you could order more than one of the same house, and select between 1st & 2nd class postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom