What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
He now has the manual up for £2750

I.... Get the feeling we're being trolled

Edit : I geddit, he set the price crazy high so no one would buy but he can show more photos that way. Odd

It’s normally because it’s sold outside of eBay so if u change the price so it’s stupidly high it won’t sell and u don’t pay the fees that u would if u ended it

Well it wouldn't be the first time i have had too many beverages ! If you look at my feedback on ebay you will see i advertised and sold the Rolling Stones a couple of weeks back for £2750. The manual was simply advertised separately to allow an additional 12 photos as stated in the ads. I only advertise when i get the sellers fees at £1 on ebay so no fees to avoid ! Anyway obviously the intention of the ads is not to sell it as i no longer own it but to highlight the greed that in my opinion is ruining what was once a brilliant hobby. Now i have nothing against folk making something when selling but this machine went on ebay 2 days after it was delivered at a fraction under £5k. The guy who bought it from me has advertised it under an alternative ebay id to the one he used to buy it. Another thing i noticed was that he has used a total of no less than 16 ids on those two ebay accounts. Youve got to wonder why. I have had the same id for around 18 years and have not felt the need to constantly chop and change my name.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's definately greedy people out there trying to capitalize, but I have my doubts as to how much success they're having. Take the last three months worth of 'sold' listings over 3k

Outside of that TAF (which are always redick) it all looks about right to me.

We monitor the listings pretty closely, becuase it's fun to talk **** about mostly, and all the stupid priced pins stay on indefinately.

There is a user on here, who intentionally buys good value games from the forum and flips them on eBay at a profit. He is very open about this on eBay messenger but won’t reveal his forum name. People can do what they want. But In my opinion. It’s a ****s trick.

That is ****. Especially as part of the whole thing about this forum is keeping the machines traded in house as much as possible.

There is a user on here, who intentionally buys good value games from the forum and flips them on eBay at a profit. He is very open about this on eBay messenger but won’t reveal his forum name. People can do what they want. But In my opinion. It’s a ****s trick.

Attachments

• ECFC243D-C4B8-475A-B9BF-16DE501F908A.png
    ECFC243D-C4B8-475A-B9BF-16DE501F908A.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 52
nothing wrong with it, especially if other people aren't buying the games... I'd have no problem selling a game to a flipper if there was no other interest.

Well it wouldn't be the first time i have had too many beverages ! If you look at my feedback on ebay you will see i advertised and sold the Rolling Stones a couple of weeks back for £2750. The manual was simply advertised separately to allow an additional 12 photos as stated in the ads. I only advertise when i get the sellers fees at £1 on ebay so no fees to avoid ! Anyway obviously the intention of the ads is not to sell it as i no longer own it but to highlight the greed that in my opinion is ruining what was once a brilliant hobby. Now i have nothing against folk making something when selling but this machine went on ebay 2 days after it was delivered at a fraction under £5k. The guy who bought it from me has advertised it under an alternative ebay id to the one he used to buy it. Another thing i noticed was that he has used a total of no less than 16 ids on those two ebay accounts. Youve got to wonder why. I have had the same id for around 18 years and have not felt the need to constantly chop and change my name.

Obviously shill bidding !

I refused to sell my NF to HLD out of principle, I was called an idiot, perhaps I am....

I'd sell to whoever has the money ready to go. Obviously I'd give preference to someone on here but I cba to be choosy

Totally agree. However the blokes taking the **** out of us. At least HLD are transparent. This bloke is a smiling assassin. That’s my issue. He’s like.... Ha. So long ****ers. Mugs.

nothing wrong with it, especially if other people aren't buying the games... I'd have no problem selling a game to a flipper if there was no other interest.
I agree with that, and I did sell a Stern IJ to HLD a few years ago when no one else on here showed any interest.

However, if you’re selling a decent game at decent value on the forum there probably is other people interested in it and this guy just happens to be the first responder (and he’ll be all over this forum so stands a good chance to be the first) and that takes the game out of circulation and puts the price up for everyone in the long run.

When's a flipper in pinball a bad thing???

They write themselves...

I think it's a bit unethical but it's not something you could ever stop. If the guy on here didn't freely admit to it on eBay would it be possible to find out? There may well be other people doing it who are harder to spot...

If the seller gets what he wants price wise, then it's only really a question of ethics and whether the community loses out.

Great looking flintstones for 2.4k with alt translight and playfield overlay

Another one I restored. Was at swavesey 2 yeats ago. Wish i could have kept that one.

Love the adult translite! I’ve got a Flintstones, great game, where did you get the trans and play field stickers from?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

One went for £1,000 on Facebook a couple of weeks ago which looked in good condition. I missed it unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom