What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big money, thinly described, Robocop

Big money, thinly described, Robocop

The lights are on but nobody/displays is at home :D

Why is the backbox painted ?

Just why really

That TAFG is slowly moving towards a sensible price. Originally £14k, now £10k. Seller finally realising that it's not worth that much.

Doesn't look in amazing condition either, with visible wear on the cabinet. Don't know if people would consider that patina on a LE (I wouldn't)

Reactions: Arv
Im always just embarrassed by wildly ambitious pricing on ebay. In my business the respect you gain in the industry is knowing the quality and value of what your selling - it shows you have a clue :) If i went around asking 3 times the price for what I'm selling people simply wouldn't answer the phone anymore :)

It's interesting to observe people's stubborness when it comes to this sort of thing. I mean that TAFG has been on eBay for eons, at least a year, yet the seller seems oblivious to the simple fact that if it hasn't sold by now it's overpriced. It's always had 50+ watchers so it's not like there's a lack of interest, it's a limited edition of the world's most popular pin - it would sell several times over at a sensible price (assuming provenance is there).

Of course it also means that he's not desperate to sell, which is fine, but I don't get the point of listing something for sale that you aren't particularly motivated to actually sell. Perhaps it's one of those things where She Who Must Be Obeyed has told him he has to sell it, and he doesn't want to, but has technically complied by listing it on there :D

It's interesting to observe people's stubborness when it comes to this sort of thing. I mean that TAFG has been on eBay for eons, at least a year, yet the seller seems oblivious to the simple fact that if it hasn't sold by now it's overpriced. It's always had 50+ watchers so it's not like there's a lack of interest, it's a limited edition of the world's most popular pin - it would sell several times over at a sensible price (assuming provenance is there).

Of course it also means that he's not desperate to sell, which is fine, but I don't get the point of listing something for sale that you aren't particularly motivated to actually sell. Perhaps it's one of those things where She Who Must Be Obeyed has told him he has to sell it, and he doesn't want to, but has technically complied by listing it on there :D

He's waiting for the big one :)
Not sure what happened to the back box. Looks like its split? had a big knock. Not see that before.

That 'interest' could mean people interested in seeing whether it actually sells for the ridiculous asking price. I know that's why I watch!!

Reactions: DRD
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Ori...ly-Pinball-Machine-Fully-Working/192474984414
Not sure what happened to the back box. Looks like its split? had a big knock. Not see that before.

Yeah that is 2 nasty knocks. Top knock (no filler), lower knock (filled, not enough and not blocked down).
On a big money machine you may as well redecal that side of the head.

The only reason I watch overpriced machines is waiting to see if they come to their senses and that's usually unlikely!

Yeah I'm only watching it to find out if/when it gets sold. You'd be mad to buy it at even £10k.

Last edited:
Back up now with correct title

Still asking for some sweet 'auction action'

Back up now with correct title

Still asking for some sweet 'auction action'
Jeez - it's LW3. Great fun game, love it, but it's LW3. Back in the day if an arcade had a few pins, one of them would be LW3.

If you heard a pub had a pin, it would turn out to be LW3. The local bowling alley had LW3.

If you saw an ad in the local paper saying Pinball For Sale Cheap.... it would turn out to be LW3.

If you added up all the pins in the country, most would be LW3.

So good luck with some wild auction action, people really excited for this one.A LW3.

It's LW3. If you wait until next week there will be another LW3. What I'm saying with no disrespect to LW3 is..... it's LW3.

OK ( ok ok ok)

Now get bidding. IT'S LW3!!!!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Jeez - it's LW3. Great fun game, love it, but it's LW3. Back in the day if an arcade had a few pins, one of them would be LW3.

If you heard a pub had a pin, it would turn out to be LW3. The local bowling alley had LW3.

If you saw an ad in the local paper saying Pinball For Sale Cheap.... it would turn out to be LW3.

If you added up all the pins in the country, most would be LW3.

So good luck with some wild auction action, people really excited for this one.A LW3.

It's LW3. If you wait until next week there will be another LW3. What I'm saying with no disrespect to LW3 is..... it's LW3.

OK ( ok ok ok)

Now get bidding. IT'S LW3!!!!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Are you saying a LW3 is common?

I'll hedge a bet this is Salisbury Auction Rooms. No sales woo at all on this listing. States fully working but doubt they know they can test. I had a LW3. Great game so might do some great auction action for the crac.

I messaged him, suggesting that he checked the title and description of the auction...

Not a hint of 'thanks for pointing it out' or anything though

At least you didn't get abuse for doing so, as I just did for some car parts. All that I bothered to read was 'thanks for sharing your wealth of useless information...'. It was useful enough for me not to share any actual wealth, though

The L/W 3 shown has the lowest line of the display not showing on every picture with it visible - not working, or very unlucky photography?

Last edited:
An extra laugh is on the seller, because I have some missing parts which could've made his lot more attractive. Now, he and jon bon jovi would have to take turns eating me, on the 'net, before I'd give them t' time 'ot day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom