What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That demo man on eBay was listed a few days ago with not used for last 5 years, latest listing says played about 10 times a week!

Flash Gordon in minehead, for sale due to arcade falling into sea! This isn’t the one up from Butlin’s is it? It would be a shame if that closed! Is this someone on here? Talks about the pinball community?
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Flash Gordon vintage pinball machine

Flash Gordon in minehead, for sale due to arcade falling into sea! This isn’t the one up from Butlin’s is it? It would be a shame if that closed! Is this someone on here? Talks about the pinball community?
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Flash Gordon vintage pinball machine
Gordon's alive.... whats the availability like in the UK for parts? Remember playing this one...in 1981!

that last pic on the listing is not a flash gordon playfield underside,he must have uploaded the wrong photo by mistake?

Flash Gordon is extremely collectible. I may get shot here, but the most desirable Bally numeric SS titles from 1978 to 1982 are Fathom, Centaur and Flash Gordon. Kiss has a big following, but from Kiss fans rather than pinball players and it goes for very strong money.

These old Ballys are built like tanks. Key things are playfield and backglass condition. The generic boards are all available second hand or repro. FG has a high voltage strobe in the back box, I dunno what parts availability is like for this, but this board will be unique. Folk are always selling the displays on Ebay as some upgrade to leds

The plastics are usually ok on these games as many are held on with rubber nuts, so they have some give. FG had a high production run so plastics and broken games often appear on Ebay

1500 for a complete worker with good pf and backglass example imho. The cab is always faded to hell. Blood red is now candy pink.

I owned this title and sold quite quickly. Be aware that it is BRUTALLY unforgiving. Yes it is beautiful. Yes, it is an appreciating classic. BUT, it is a one ball game and no matter how good you are- scores are extremely volatile. Fathom and Centaur will usually give you a game, but FG can just destroy you

The big four desirable ballys traditionally were fathom centaur xenon and 8 ball deluxe . Fg was second tier as too common back in the day. The theme alone has now nudged it into the top tier. Bally were king from 77 to 82 so there are few turkeys (hotdoggin springs to mind) . I love medusa and elektra but despise future spa and harlem gobstoppers. Paragon is missing from my collection as it a decent xenon . Missed out on a voltan due to dithering and will regret forever selling BMX. Loved space invaders when new grew to hate it (especially after number 52) but warming to it again after playing Courtneys lovely restored one. All of them have great art are well built and have plentiful generic spares . A great choice for a newbie wanting a project as well

The big four desirable ballys traditionally were fathom centaur xenon and 8 ball deluxe . Fg was second tier as too common back in the day. The theme alone has now nudged it into the top tier. Bally were king from 77 to 82 so there are few turkeys (hotdoggin springs to mind) . I love medusa and elektra but despise future spa and harlem gobstoppers. Paragon is missing from my collection as it a decent xenon . Missed out on a voltan due to dithering and will regret forever selling BMX. Loved space invaders when new grew to hate it (especially after number 52) but warming to it again after playing Courtneys lovely restored one. All of them have great art are well built and have plentiful generic spares . A great choice for a newbie wanting a project as well
Don't forget Skateball [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Quite fancy a BMX but can't remember one coming up for sale, but as only around 400 made, no shock there.

you can fix the strobe on FG with a flash from an old polaroid instant camera,that's what I did with mine,as it was non working when I picked up the machine

Aren't people always trying to find these?

Pretty much.

There's a guy at TPF called Kim Keist who took over from DKpinballs who made the original of this. He's selling some of his at the show I think, at least according to his email.

I managed to score an original unused one. Don't think there's a huge difference in them, certainly that one is as good I think?

I paid $85 for mine including delivery, though got stung for an extra £15 from Customs. Guy I bought it from wanted to give me a partial refund to cover it but I told him it's not his fault.

(Most mundane story ever. Cool story bro etc)

If someone wants to drop £6k on a SS - they can have mine with a colour DMD, full LED, less playfield wear, more spares than you can shake a stick at, playfield protectors, cabinet protectors and some nice black legs.

I wouldn’t have thought so, for that one.
Chris B had a super minty up for that price last year, but that was loads nicer than this one.
Would have thought £4K tops for this

Ebay is almost a complete waste of time for pinball machines. I very rarely bother looking.

I have just done a search for UK based pinball machines. Sorted from highest price to lowest. I had to go down to the 55th game on the list to find an item that had attracted a single bid. With very few exceptions, the others had wildly optimistic to just plain expensive staring bids or buy it now prices.

Number 55 was a demo man currently standing at 1,601 with 24 bids.

I carried on down the list and no other item described as a pinball machine had a bid on it right down to the 100th item, which is a poorly photographed Xenon backglass that is apparently damaged and up at a BIN of £300. I then gave up

Last edited:
Ebay is almost a complete waste of time for pinball machines. I very rarely bother looking.

I have just done a search for UK based pinball machines. Sorted from highest price to lowest. I had to go down to the 55th game on the list to find an item that had attracted a single bid. The others had wildly optimistic to just plain expensive staring bids or buy it now prices.

Number 55 was a demo man currently standing at 1,601 with 24 bids.

I carried on down the list and no other item described as a pinball machine had a bid on it right down to the 100th item, which is a poorly photographed Xenon backglass that is apparently damaged and up at a BIN of £300. I then gave up
Decent looking Roadshow finished tonight at just over 2k.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I would have thought a scared stiff would have been in the 2.5-3k range.

Are they really above 3k now?

I think wpc95 games have softened a bit in the last 12m. A nice SS ? 4k ish ?

Until Elvira 3 comes out :p - then £4.5k as the interest comes back.

SS is the one the guys generally flock to when I have a gathering, it's TWD for me still, just love the code, but the rules are easy to "get" - very comedic, and looks great and theme works really well.

It's also a "Safe" WPC game, in terms of value for the buyer - there's very little chance CGC will remake SS before TAF, CC, (TZ, IJ - if they go widebody), then your into fighting between SS, TOM, CV, WH20, so no guarantee's SS gets the remake.

Last edited:
It would want to be huo for £3k in fact, scratch that, NIB. It’s a good game. But doesn’t go for £3k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom