What's new

Drool While You Can

I do agree with you as I am more interested in playing and then trading for another so I can play as many pins as I can. But, I can see why some people choose to sit on them, if they have the space etc. Not what I will do, as if I find a game is not being played, then it is time to move it on, whether it goes for a profit, break even or as in my first pin - a great big stonking loss
wink-1.png

Playing lots of pins as soon as possible is what i'm aiming for too. I could cash in on some pins i have, but the cash would only go on other pins, so trading is preffered. The only nightmare is packing up your pin and taking it to someone. Twice the work, but worth it......

jonathan' date=' post: 1677599 said:
Fair play for him letting the auction run, but you can't tell me there aren't people in the UK who are sitting on this pin, not because they think it's the best pin ever made but because they know it is going up in value.! I've actually been told as much by one person!

I'm honestly disappointed that there are people out there who are quite literally hoarding MM, waiting for the value to increase - pins are oversized toys and should be enjoyed, not left to gather dust for the sake of profit! However, i guess there are people who are willing to take advantage of any situation. We have a MM in our collection and if we weren't playing it, we'd be putting it up for sale - however, despite being the machine we've owned the longest out of our current line-up, it is still played the most, both by us and guests, so we're hanging onto it! Once we get tired of a machine we move it on to create room for another; we'd much rather have a new machine to play than a machine we're tired of sitting around increasing in value.

I think I have written off owning a MM also, I doubt I can ever justify spending £5000 on a pinball machine and that won't even buy a really nice MM by all accounts, you can buy a nice car for that kind of money or 5 decent titles (if you had the space etc), £5000+ is a lot of money for one toy IMO

Ya know, I have an MM. Have had it for around 4 years now. Still not bored of it. Still makes me laugh
smile-1.png
Which is why it stays
smile-1.png

You can see with the way the prices are going why Wayne in the US embarked on a re-run, are prices creeping to the point where it is almost a viable option??

Cabinet, boards and a lot of the generic parts are still available, wonder how tough it would be to source or remanufacture the game specific items, decals could be made to order, wire forms could be made to order, castle parts etc etc, in the wise words of Jessa Clarkson "How hard can it be?"

Playfield seems like an obvious stumbling block but it's just a piece of wood with fancy picture on it right ?
biggrin-1.png

Just check out that guy pinGeorge. He's almost made an entire pin2000 wizard blocks machine from scratch. Someone, somewhere will remake them. When they do, ima gonna pounce,....
biggrin-1.png

I always find that when I sell a pin, I miss it. How many group members have sold a pin, bought the same pin again . Only today was Steve P looking for another LOTR because he misses it. Sarah has had 3 AFMs ! Im looking for my first pin ever bough DH. I will own it again and keep it. MM are rare and are now escalating in price, sell it nd risk never owning one again. MINES STAYING PUT!

Show of hands who has bought the same pin again!

Oh yes, I know that feeling very well, I have had to re-buy FT, HSII and BOP, and have been looking for WH20 for about a year, I have really regretted letting those go in the past, god I wish I kept that White Water, anyone got one for me?

Oh and SG = Stargate

Cheers, Craig

the only pin I have re-owned is AFM.. I sold AFM to buy MM, then sold MM to buy the AFM back... MM is good but AFM is better.

currently in the garage are LotR, AFM, TSPP,JD and IJ... Flash Gordon is on me wish list though.

biggest disappointment pin-wise has to be WH20 and ToM .

bartron' date=' post: 1677694 said:
the only pin I have re-owned is AFM.. I sold AFM to buy MM, then sold MM to buy the AFM back... MM is good but AFM is better.

currently in the garage are LotR, AFM, TSPP,JD and IJ... Flash Gordon is on me wish list though.

I know TOM has strong opinions for and against but WH20 seems to be the hot title of the moment so surprised by your lack of WH20 love! I have never owned it, enjoyed playing it but have no idea if it would sustain my interest in the home environment. Can't find one anyway
wink-1.png

Only the WH20, had 3 of those, I find it's always a wind up when you attempt to get the same title back again and it's gone up a couple of hundred quid since you parted with one 6 months earlier.

Love both the WH20 and TOM, mine are keepers, eventually got a nice WH20 from Stan after a long hunt.

Hated working on wh20. The game itself is decent enough, but after being locked in a room with one for what seemed like an eternity i just cant bring myself to ever listen to the opening theme tune.........(i hear it in my nightmares...lol)

Walked right past the one at the pin party as i heard it calling my name from across the room. Tried to lure me in with blue leds, but i had none of it... Opted to stare at it whilst humming the MM theme tune as loud as i dared.....
biggrin-1.png

bartron' date=' post: 1677694 said:

TOM at the party was a disappointment for me. Seemed overly easy. Same goes for MB. I think both would get boring very quick in a small collection.

I've found that WH2O is pretty much a 1 shot game (well it certainly feels like it) and can get boring very quickly.... Granted it is satisfying when you stack it properly and get 5 times playfield for the multiball jackpots...
biggrin-1.png

2 shots really, left ramp and straight up the middle, then you have another 2 shots to make on the upper playfield.

It's not the deepest game but it's easy to understand and fast as billyo. Ill miss mine when its gone.

The biggest problem I have with WH20 is the lack of flow
sad-1.png
as its been said , the ball is constantly in the upkicker , that and its easy, got to Vacation jackpot, 3 games in a row, so, I sold it... shame really, cos I was after one for 2 years, still it went to a very good home, I had the table dialled in just right...

if you do own a Whitewater , change the coil in the mine kick out to a weaker one (26-1200) then it won't spit the ball out all over the place.
smile-1.png

bartron' date=' post: 1677821 said:
still it went to a very good home, I had the table dialled in just right...

Can confirm it went to a good home and it was dialled in perfect, so much so it probably fast tracked the swift move as the mine ball eject is spot–on resulting in the ball landing on the bat every time making control a breeze and high scores possible (nailed your score within a few days of owning it :cool:), game felt like new when it turned up which makes a refreshing change, that was a good transaction, cheers

Dreads' date=' post: 1677834 said:
Can confirm it went to a good home and it was dialled in perfect, so much so it probably fast tracked the swift move as the mine ball eject is spot–on resulting in the ball landing on the bat every time making control a breeze and high scores possible (nailed your score within a few days of owning it :cool:), game felt like new when it turned up which makes a refreshing change, that was a good transaction, cheers

Shame you can't say the same for the games you bought from Jamie B. :eek: Jamie is a great guy
wink-1.png

Dreads' date=' post: 1677834 said:
game felt like new when it turned up which makes a refreshing change, that was a good transaction, cheers

Here's why, the two previous owners were Lance and Stan who both worked their magic on it, here's a list of the work done before it came to me:

Machine was meticulously cleaned both inside and out and was recently lovingly restored,

New parts include- Big foot ramp Upper to lower ramp Whirlpool ramp Insanity falls ramp All playfield plastics

Pinball Decals Inc plastic protectors (including boulder protectors)

Full Cliffy and Mantis protectors

All stand up targets (changed from opaque to transparent)

Full flipper rebuilds (including pawls, plungers, sleeves, nuts/bolts, bushes, coil stops, rubber stops, eos switches and coils)

Pop bumpers (everything new apart from the coils)

Sling shots rebuilt (new links, plungers and sleeves)

Flipper bats

Rubber kit

Cliffy coloured post sleeves

All bulbs replaced with a colour type (including flashers)

Flipper buttons (translucent blue)

Rottendog CPU board with remote battery holder

New weaker coil on the mine kick out

Back box speakers have been upgraded (car audio). Speakers have been rewired and a crossover installed on the cabinet speaker for more base.

The games power board has been bullet proofed (as per Marvins website)

So as you can see from the list of work done it plays like new, it is one of only two machines I have purchased which was totally workshopped and set-up just right before it arrived (other was the TAF imported from Pauls 50's in Germany) which is why it makes a "refreshing change", nothing else implied, no trolling necessary.

You know I am only joking Andy.
wink-1.png

Great feeling to get a machine thats been set up just right and had everything that should be done , done.

Ive been lucky, I had a Spiderman, Shadow and a TZ that were practically mint and never gave me a minute of hassle the whole time I had them

No worries, I think myself and Jamie provided some good entertainment while it lasted but it's well passe' now, time to evolve and move on methinks
smile-1.png

Dreads' date=' post: 1677886 said:
No worries, I think myself and Jamie provided some good entertainment while it lasted but it's well passe' now, time to evolve and move on methinks
smile-1.png

Yeah, loved the exchange you guys had on the group. Great reading, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom