What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DOMINO ARCADE: The Last DOMINO Critical Hit Pinball Tournament

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
ok Waitlist:

mufcmufc + Leo
wayne
Kevlar
Sarah and Lucy
Dalrock
Wolfgang
Fubar
David VI +1
Michael J
PinballDaze

Given the interest looking at how I might expand it and negotiate with the head chef. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true! Although i still have no idea how a critical hit comp works?

will explain on the day obvs :D but:

Everyone gets two cards with a spell on them that they can cast at certain points of the round. For example:

Confusion - allows you to swap the game to one you want - that has been assigned to your group. If you had this card you cast it before we start playing the round.

Bomba - after ball 1 if a player casts this it restarts the game for all players on that game.

but do you play your card in the first round, or later in the event? :D

will explain on the day obvs :D but:

Everyone gets two cards with a spell on them that they can cast at certain points of the round. For example:

Confusion - allows you to swap the game to one you want - that has been assigned to your group. If you had this card you cast it before we start playing the round.

Bomba - after ball 1 if a player casts this it restarts the game for all players on that game.

but do you play your card in the first round, or later in the event? :D
Sounds dark.

I love it already!

This sounds like a great event and very generous of Neil to host. I’m looking forward to the day when I feel I’m good enough to put my name down and make some new friends. If I were to go now I’ll probably be the butt of most peoples jokes 😆

This sounds like a great event and very generous of Neil to host. I’m looking forward to the day when I feel I’m good enough to put my name down and make some new friends. If I were to go now I’ll probably be the butt of most peoples jokes [emoji38]

That’s a job reserved for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This sounds like a great event and very generous of Neil to host. I’m looking forward to the day when I feel I’m good enough to put my name down and make some new friends. If I were to go now I’ll probably be the butt of most peoples jokes 😆
My advice is to just dive in!😀 I've been to a few tournaments now and I think a bit of a rookie. It can feel a bit awkward at first when you hardly know anyone, but before you know it you get stuck in to playing and get to know people as you play. For the most part players are welcoming and happy to give advice👍🏻

My advice is to just dive in!😀 I've been to a few tournaments now and I think a bit of a rookie. It can feel a bit awkward at first when you hardly know anyone, but before you know it you get stuck in to playing and get to know people as you play. For the most part players are welcoming and happy to give advice👍🏻
Second that ! I used to feel that i would make a fool of myself, but started to go to a few comps. the community is really friendly, doesn't matter to me if i win or lose, just enjoy playing.

This sounds like a great event and very generous of Neil to host. I’m looking forward to the day when I feel I’m good enough to put my name down and make some new friends. If I were to go now I’ll probably be the butt of most peoples jokes [emoji38]

Not at all - it’s really laid back & fun. I’m not a great player but thats irrelevant, everyone’s at these events for their love of pinball, not to take the ****. Get ya name down for one, you’ll never look back [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the first comp I entered at 8-bit Flip in a social club in Lostock Gralam (Northwich) - very early on was playing against Martin Ayub, with not a clue who he was. I was useless, but still had fun (& only a bit better now)

more seriously the only way you get good enough is by going to events...

Thanks for the advice and it’s nice to know that the guys are friendly. I definitely need to practice a bit more before I’m ready to embarrass myself though lol
Maybe next time I’ll put my name down 👍

Thanks for the advice and it’s nice to know that the guys are friendly. I definitely need to practice a bit more before I’m ready to embarrass myself though lol
Maybe next time I’ll put my name down 👍

That's what my mother always says and she's taken a few notable scalps over the years, even finishing 5th in one Xmas event. Several on this thread can testify...! :D

I remember being like this myself, I had a look on the pinball league website and checked the scores, and felt that I would come last, and then forgot about it for years...
Though now I think the best way to get better is to just play with others, you'll learn a lot just from watching how they play.

Back
Top Bottom