What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DOMINO Arcade Christmas Extravaganza Strikes Tournament

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Just a heads up I’ve taken mando back to the previous code as it’s better IMO.

What an amazing day, it was really what I needed, so thank you Neil and Mandy, you brought a huge amount of joy to a lot of people today, we really appreciate it.

Lucy was frankly incredible. And well done to Andy, a deserved winner.

Have a fantastic Christmas everyone

what can I say but a fantastic day! Thank you everyone for coming!

First some thanks - huge thanks to Nick @mufcmufc for a lot of help (as always on the day - really appreciated mate). Thanks to Di, Sarah, Clive and many others who helped on the day and Wayne who was in charge of the kettle :D

Thanks to all the guys that helped move the three games back into the shed!

Massive thanks as always to Mandy and thanks again Di for the the amazing gesture you arranged and those who contributed it went down really really well!

And thanks to anyone who helped out that I missed out.

thanks to everyone who brought something for me and Mandy - not needed but very appreciated!

Huge thanks to Mandy who did another epic job on the food!

Results:

Lucy Vince winner of the Women's category! £200!
1. Andy Foster Grand Champion £1000
2, Craig Pullen £300
3. Nick Marshall £200
4. Rich Mallet £100
5. Wayne Johns £100

6. Matt Vince £100
6. Mike Parkins
6. Brad Attwood

Matt won a three way tie for the final money spot!

Thanks to the guys at DM for the prize fund!

Full results at https://matchplay.live/aaa64351

Roll on the next event at the DOMINO ARCADE

The Next in Line -> Good Friday - Serious tournament time!

Can you win the Golden Domino?

0044897_domino-handmade-metal-trophy.jpeg

Cheers,
Neil.

Thank you Neil, I am chuffed with my 6th place, Mandy’s curry was amazing so please thank her for that, spot on today, met some great people and learnt a lot about the pins from some very helpful players, thanks all,

And @Matt Vince please congratulate Lucy for me, you must be proper proud mate,

Bring on the next one, I will get you one day Matt lol

Huge thanks to Neil and Mandy for hosting another brilliant event. Superbly run as always.
Well done to Andy and Lucy and all the other winners.
Thanks to everyone for their donations which will be given to Neil for his chosen charity.
Happy Christmas to all 🎄

Diane
Thanks for sorting this out Diane, I didn't realise it was Neil's birthday until today, but I would like to donate something. Neil perhaps you could put up a link once you decide on a charity

I support kids with learning difficulties and autism - thanks to all who contribute.

To echo so many others comments, another great day and tournament, definitely feel I deserved 3 of my strikes, unlucky with LZ malfunction, and so close with MM which finally knocked me out.

Just a reminder that the Xmas Cracker opens for registration tomorrow at 6. 😀

Thanks so much Neil, it was a splendid day out and so well run as always. Watching the Grand Prix was an unexpected and welcome bonus.

Wonderful gorgeous spicy curry from Mandy (my only regret was that I didn't steal a samosa for the journey home).

Well done Andy and particularly Lucy who was kicking everyone's @rse.

Last edited:
Many thanks also from me to Neil and Mandy for hosting yesterday - huge amount of work before and on the day - much appreciated.

Really enjoyed the format despite not doing that well.

Well done to top finishers Andy, Craig, Nick, Rich, Wayne, Matt, Brad and Mike, fully deserved winners. Also to Lucy for an amazing performance.

Also belated happy birthday to Neil, sorry mate didn't realise it was your birthday yesterday unitl saw messages on here.

Thanks to Neil and Mandy for allowing us all around to their place to enjoy the wonderful company, food and games. I think a great day was had by all, with the highlight of the day surely being Lucy Vince being crowned ladies champ :thumbs: Congrats to @PUP on the overall win

Oh and Happy Birthday Neil!

Thank you Neil and Mandy for organising another fantastic event. It was 1.30AM when I got home but was well worth the long ride as I really did enjoy myself. Amazing food, curry lovely and yummy cakes aswell!! 😋 Well done to fellow finalists Craig, Nick, Rich and Wayne and VERY well done to Lucy Vince, an amazing achievement! And finally Happy birthday Neil, haven't paid my winnings in yet but there will be a generous donation coming in to your fundraiser soon,👍 some will be used for over Christmas and the rest will be going into the kitty for getting myself to more big comps in 2022😊 Have a lovely Christmas all 💖

OK just final details. We will be playing Group Elmination - i.e. Strikes. After running a simulation players will start with 5 strikes. The bottom two players will lose a life in each match in each round, unless its a three player game in which case bottom player only loses a life. I think we will get 13/14 rounds. The games are setup a bit tougher than the last event.

We've managed a year of pinball events with no covid issues - please take a lateral flow test before coming. Face masks are optional.

Also - in this time of covid personal hygiene is never more important, showers and deodorant before attending are not optional!!

Cheers,
Neil.

'I think we will get 13/14 rounds' 🤣

Back
Top Bottom