What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DOMINO Arcade Christmas Extravaganza Strikes Tournament

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I'd also like to say a big thank you to @Neil McRae and Mandy for hosting a very enjoyable event.

The food was excellent - especially the curries, and the whole event was run really well.

It was my first time at DOMINO Arcade, and I certainly hope to be able to return at a future event.

Finally, thanks to everyone who turned up - it was great to see so many familiar and new faces. 👍
🙂

*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION

One player who was at the event has a positive LFT today. This was someone who sent me a photo of their negative test on the day of the event. I've taken a LFT on Sunday, Monday and Today and all have been negative. However everyone should take a LFT test.

I'd also like to thank the person who contacted me; the easier thing would have been to say nothing - but this underlines the value we have of this community!

*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION

One player who was at the event has a positive LFT today. This was someone who sent me a photo of their negative test on the day of the event. I've taken a LFT on Sunday, Monday and Today and all have been negative. However everyone should take a LFT test.

I'd also like to thank the person who contacted me; the easier thing would have been to say nothing - but this underlines the value we have of this community!

Thanks for the heads up, myself and Leo did LFT on Saturday evening which were negative, I forgot to show you the pic.

As an aside but worth sharing, someone I know did a PCR (due to family case) which came back positive, she had done an LFT which was negative that morning. So she did an LFT each day after she received the positive PCR and only got a positive LFT on day 5

there was no requirement to show me the pic just a few folks sent them :D

In any case I recommend everyone does a LFT and if you don't feel well go for a PCR. Mandy just did a LFT and its negative also.

Sorry for late reply but I'd like to add enormous thanks to Neil and Mandy for another stellar event. Its easy to take it for granted but the amount of time, effort and money that is put into these events for us all is still astounding and it's good to properly realise that and be thankful.

I'll echo everyone with huge congratulations to Andy and his Christmas Cowboy hat along with the other finalists but I especially want to say that Lucy Vince's performance and finishing position made my day!

Nice to see all the usual suspects and a few new faces. Great to catch up with everyone.

Have to admit I was slightly disappointed in my overall performance despite a few decent games and not even getting within sniffing distance of the prize money. I guess that new OLED TV will have to wait. I definitely need to be practising more if I am to get anywhere near a trophy next year. Speaking of which, hopefully we will be having more events like this and not having it all shut down again because I really missed all this last year.

Anyway. Thanks again to Neil and Mandy and everyone who contributes to the UK pinball scene.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and see some of you at the Robot Greg Bash hopefully!

I'd also like to add my thanks to Neil, Mandy and all who helped both before and on the day. Stellar work. :clap:

It was lovely to see everyone and do some catching up.

Oh and I think there ought to be award for number of times selected as player 1. Out of the 9 rounds played I think I was player 1 six times, player 2 twice and player 3 once. :rolleyes:

Oops. Just seen the positive LFT comment. Guess we should all be taking daily LFTs until the end of next week and possible a PCR.
To be honest it’s not a huge surprise given the amount of people.
**** happens and well done to whoever notified Neil. Hope everyone is ok.

Evening all, bit late revisiting the thread, but just wanted to say it was great seeing everyone again on Sunday and thanks again to Neil, Mandy and anyone who helped getting everything set/packed up.
Was a brilliant day and the strikes format was fun.
Managed to watch the end* via Twitch when I got home - big congrats to Andy and Lucy; well deserved winners.
*Neil - I don't know what others think, but it would be great of there was ever a way to have your camera rig set up or some way to really watch say the final few games (with audio from the crowd mixed with your commentary - would really add the atmosphere to hear cheers and banter).
I appreciate its not a quick job to move the rig to other pins though.

Sorry to hear someone tested positive for covid following the event and hope they are well.
Did a home test myself yesterday and thankfully negative and I won't have to spend Xmas self isolating👍🏻 (TFFT!)

Den yeah I normally have the rig but inran out of time to be organised but for next event there is finals so will have the rig.

I wasn't there but I've been testing all week as I watched a bit of the event on Twitch.

I was standing close to the TV as Godzilla is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom