What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold DMD from a Stern Tron (1 dot out) £75 + postage.

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
For sale:

1x DMD with a single dot out. Ignore the line out in the pictures - it was a burn-in test.

Taken from a HUO Tron Pro, so it's probably ORANGE in colour but shown in the photos through a red filter.

Replaced with a ColorDMD about a year ago & only just got round to selling this.

£75 + postage. Or collection from Riccall, near Selby and York. But i doubt anyone lives near me...

Thanks.

IMG_0827.JPG
IMG_0828.JPG
IMG_2325.JPG
IMG_2326.JPG
IMG_2883.JPG
IMG_2884.JPG

Last edited:
Can dots out on these be repaired?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
You can get replacement segments ( 8x8 pixels ) if you are lucky, I had 2 off Sean @ pinball palace. You could also swap the segments around so the duff pixel is at the edge of the display. ( note..I don't think you can rotate them )

Can dots out on these be repaired?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Apparently, but i don't have the time or patience to contemplate it right now. No point it sitting in the box! May as well get 1% the value of a new Stern Premium for it. Only 99 more to go...

I guess what i am trying to ask is which other stern would it fit in? I have a sm and tf. Would it fit in there? The sm dmd is made by Pinled and adapted by stern. Not sure about the tf dmd.

you can replace the segments but its very tricky i would not bother for one dot out also if you dont have the exact same segment it stands out like a sore thumb stern use a few revisions some brighter than others i have scraped ones before to repair others
dom you can use that display in any modern stern from around sm onwards dont forget some are orange and some red but you can always fit a red filter anyway

dom you can use that display in any modern stern from around sm onwards dont forget some are orange and some red but you can always fit a red filter anyway

I've updated my Ad - it's probably an ORANGE DMD shown through a red filter. The red filter is actually going spare too.

Like @chris b says; I'm 99% certain this will work in SM. Tron and SM are both SAM platform games.

Last edited:
you can replace the segments but its very tricky i would not bother for one dot out also if you dont have the exact same segment it stands out like a sore thumb stern use a few revisions some brighter than others i have scraped ones before to repair others
I found changing the segments extremely easy, just lever them off the pins gently with a plastic knife or similar. Have to make sure the colour is correct obviously, I had to send original off. I would move them around at minimum to get duff pixel at edge of display, I hate a dot out in the middle but many aren't as anal as me :)

i would think thats the early large segment pin led ones kevlar which you can just prize out the one paul is selling is a later one which are soldered in and not socketed
anyway not to hi jack pauls post this is a bargain at £75

Oh I see...I've only come across socketed ones. Definitely a bargain price, would buy myself but I already have a spare.

Back the market again - buyer (which is all too obviously @Paul) has opted for my other 'more working' DMD instead. And fair enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom