What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD clocks... The next generation....

Got half way through writing a post before i Left home for two says in "The Big Smoke".

Will get it all updated and out there on Friday sometime (Things are backing up at the mo as the "real Job" is rather busy at the moment!!)

Long and short - looks like the price will be around £280 plus shipping at cost from me to you.

Not cheap i know - however IMO well worth it!!

Has anyone got access to theirs and can let me know the voltage/current as I need to get another and mine is up in the ceiling cavity!

Has anyone got access to theirs and can let me know the voltage/current as I need to get another and mine is up in the ceiling cavity!

mine came with this one

Attachments

• 9113EA1D-5F85-4FE4-B43B-6F31359F6AF7.jpeg
    9113EA1D-5F85-4FE4-B43B-6F31359F6AF7.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 46
Everything is in place chaps - only issue is being able to get the displays out of China given current ‘issues’
This is still on the cards... and will happen soon...[emoji1303]
Sweet.

I'm interested in a wall version, around £280 yeah?

Last edited:
I'm interested in a wall version, around £280 yeah?
That was for the monotone ones.... Expecting these to be a fair bit more as they are colour panels, costing twice as much!

I have costs - need to make up two "demo" sets (one small, one large) and work out costs of hardware (nuts/bolts/standoffs etc) before I can confirm price...

That was for the monotone ones.... Expecting these to be a fair bit more as they are colour panels, costing twice as much!

I have costs - need to make up two "demo" sets (one small, one large) and work out costs of hardware (nuts/bolts/standoffs etc) before I can confirm price...

Totally understand, I was trying to find a price and info, found the £280 but must have been in reference to the old one like you say, my fault!

Looking forward to more info and prices 😁

Ok.... so it's now August 2020. How time flys when there's a bug about!

I have received 14 panels from China (enough for 7 clocks). I have the hardware (nuts/bolts/screws etc) for 10, The only thing i am short on now are RPI 3b+'s and the frames.

Samples for the frames will be along shortly, and I'll bedoing a dig for some Pi's (If anyone has a quantity of Pi 3b+'s for sale i would be interested!)

Because of the nature of these newer clocks, I will need your postcode and your Wifi SSID/Password (I know that sounds dodgy - but if you want them to work out of the box then thats what is required...!). All i can say is that this is used for the config of the clock.. I have more exciting things to do that come and sit outside someones house using their Wifi!! Failing that you will need to connect to a wired Ethernet connection, find the Ip address that was picked up (advanced ip scanner tool) and then add it yourself :)

Hoping to be able to make 7 of these these available over the next month. More info and clocks to follow soon.... :)

Ok.... so it's now August 2020. How time flys when there's a bug about!

I have received 14 panels from China (enough for 7 clocks). I have the hardware (nuts/bolts/screws etc) for 10, The only thing i am short on now are RPI 3b+'s and the frames.

Samples for the frames will be along shortly, and I'll bedoing a dig for some Pi's (If anyone has a quantity of Pi 3b+'s for sale i would be interested!)

Because of the nature of these newer clocks, I will need your postcode and your Wifi SSID/Password (I know that sounds dodgy - but if you want them to work out of the box then thats what is required...!). All i can say is that this is used for the config of the clock.. I have more exciting things to do that come and sit outside someones house using their Wifi!! Failing that you will need to connect to a wired Ethernet connection, find the Ip address that was picked up (advanced ip scanner tool) and then add it yourself :)

Hoping to be able to make 7 of these these available over the next month. More info and clocks to follow soon.... :)

My friend has lots of pi’s I can get a price if you like?

Just to clarify here....

1. These are not even in progress yet as still awaiting parts from various places.
2. I wont be reserving any - they will be on a first come first served basis. I will create a new thread once i have final video and pictures of the end product.
I will then request confirmed orders and a deposit as was always the case....

My friend has lots of pi’s I can get a price if you like?
If he has a bunch of 3b+'s then that would be great please.. yes.

I can use 4's, however the cooler these run the better... hence 3b+'s would be best :)

Back
Top Bottom