What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD clocks... The next generation....

I’m in for a desktop version. Bought the first generation and it’s still going strong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope definately not normal!!! My suggestion would be to re-install the SD card on the Board - IF you drop me a PM to remind me i'll take you through how to do it :)

Mine crashes sometimes, it may be one of the anim sequence files is corrupt. I always rewrite it.

How much for that big one? Ball park?

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a wall clock Paul. What would be the dimensions of this?

As i said making these is only tentative currently, however looking at the feedback in this thread is more than likely i will do a run of Each size.

I have requested frames for these which will allow people to see them as a finished product.
As these aren't cheap i would expect people to be able to see what they are getting before agreeing to buy :)

At a guess (looking at the panel size ) i would expect these to be roughly the same size as the older clocks.. around 2ft long by 7" high....

Dood I’m defo interested in the big one

Are you getting the panels from aliexpress?

Dood I’m defo interested in the big one

Are you getting the panels from aliexpress?

Yup - They arent as cheap as the original ones tho, since they are RGB as opposed to single colour... Also an issue around the chipsets on some, meaning you cant just buy from any old supplier (unfortunately!).

I have a couple of very trusted suppliers that i used the last time around, and out of the 60+ panels i bought i only had one faulty one (one faulty pixel), which they promptly replaced.

You can have 8 panels P5, 1m28 wide by 32cm in height..

1569169901531.png

But I'm looking at a P10 build for you Neil.... ;)
(Pic of 2xP10 Verses 2xP5's - P5's being around 2ft long...)
1569169821641.png

:rofl::rofl:

Probably better you tell me how big you want it!! :D

Last edited:
Right.....

So there seems to be the demand for these, so yes, will do a single run on both. Pricing ironically for the Desktop and the Wall mounted ones will be around the same... Mental i know, however the cost for the panels is within a couple of quid, and also the pukka frames on the small desktop ones cost more than the larger pukka ones!!

I will start another thread on this for confirmation of orders...

Woohoo - depending on price, I'd like one of these. Don't know if I just see things strangely, but isn't a wall mounted one pretty much the same as a desktop one, but on a small dedicated shelf?

Woohoo - depending on price, I'd like one of these. Don't know if I just see things strangely, but isn't a wall mounted one pretty much the same as a desktop one, but on a small dedicated shelf?
It’s probably just scale - with the wall mounted version being a fair bit bigger. Might be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom