What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD Clocks - the 2021 (and last run!).

Just received mine today. It looks fantastic. I did get a small crack on the corner of mine but it is definatly not an issue of packaging. It was very well packaged, and would have likely been in tiny peices if it weren't for the packaging job. Happy to say in spite of the small cosmetic damage it works perfectly.
Aww rats... where is the crack @calvin12 ?? Have you a pic of it please??

Eventually picked mine up yesterday. Looks great, thanks for sorting/building these @Paul

Had a sticky pixel right in the centre when I first booted it up, think its gone now but haven't had a chance to study it today for any length of time

Cheers again

Had a sticky pixel right in the centre when I first booted it up, think its gone now but haven't had a chance to study it today for any length of time

Oh that'll be the first one of those ive seen.. the panels to be fair are usually spot on... Might have been necause it was cold!!

If you continue to have issues let me know and i'll sort it...

What a stunning unique piece this is! Pictures don’t do it justice. Thanks Paul

Attachments

• 4D24F59C-A36A-4BB6-8E9A-451E31D5577A.jpeg
    4D24F59C-A36A-4BB6-8E9A-451E31D5577A.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 50
  • 9F36F2D6-C856-47EF-B7C0-D54CBA66579B.jpeg
    9F36F2D6-C856-47EF-B7C0-D54CBA66579B.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 46
Hate to bring back a thread from the dead but any chance these are available at all or anyone else selling? Looking to get a DMD clock for the wife as a birthday present.

Thanks

I have been going through what i have left over here today (spring cleaning).

I have enough panels and parts to make only 2 or 3 more... If anyone is interested then now is the time to let me know.

I'm not planning on running any more of these after this since the parts have gone up in price markedly, so unless there's a massive market adjustment then it's just not economic any more.

If interested, please drop me a PM

Cheers
Paul

Iam listing mine if anyone wants one already built as room is now being converted and the clock is out apparently 🤣

Last edited:
Paul,
I have a desktop clock that has stopped working. The display was blank when I came to it, I turned it off and on and it worked for a couple of minutes before going blank again.
Now not displaying anything, but is i lit up inside.
I was going to reseat the sd card, but I think I recall that a bit of disassembly is required for these to access the card.
Is it just a case of unscrewing the panels?

Paul,
I have a desktop clock that has stopped working. The display was blank when I came to it, I turned it off and on and it worked for a couple of minutes before going blank again.
Now not displaying anything, but is i lit up inside.
I was going to reseat the sd card, but I think I recall that a bit of disassembly is required for these to access the card.
Is it just a case of unscrewing the panels?
Sorry you have issues Bernie..... :(

Can you still get on the Web interface for the clock?? If you can it may be the case that you dont have to rip it apart...... Let me know :)

Cheers

Sorry you have issues Bernie..... :(

Can you still get on the Web interface for the clock?? If you can it may be the case that you dont have to rip it apart...... Let me know :)

Cheers
Paul,
No, computer can't find it.
Just given it a good tap, plugged in again and now it's working again.

Paul,
No, computer can't find it.
Just given it a good tap, plugged in again and now it's working again.
I had a similar issue with mine, turned out that it was set to go into sleep mode at a certain time, I changed the settings and it’s been good ever since.
Turn it on and you can access the settings from your mobile phone by putting the IP address into your browser.

It’s in the brightness settings, if it’s set to 0 brightness at a certain time the screen will go blank.

Attachments

• DCCF7DD3-C4AA-4A5F-8CC5-E801248E367B.png
    DCCF7DD3-C4AA-4A5F-8CC5-E801248E367B.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
I don't have a sleep setting set. Just brightness set to 0 at certain times.
I haven't touched the settings for over a year.
Crashed it when new with a double press of the save button, tile settings went wrong.
Put them right and I have only had to reboot once when it froze. That was last year.
No problems and not touched or altered since.

I don't have a sleep setting set. Just brightness set to 0 at certain times.
I haven't touched the settings for over a year.
Crashed it when new with a double press of the save button, tile settings went wrong.
Put them right and I have only had to reboot once when it froze. That was last year.
No problems and not touched or altered since.
Those 0 brightness settings will cause it to be blank but still on as you are experiencing.

Change them all to 40 and it will/should not go blank

Those 0 brightness settings will cause it to be blank but still on as you are experiencing.

Change them all to 40 and it will/should not go blank
It was blank during a time when it is set at 60%. When it went off it came back on for a few minutes (about 5) after turning off on.Would not have happened if set to 0%

Sounds like something might be loose then... it certainly shouldnt randomly come on and off if you tap it...

So yes, should be just a case of unscrewing the front/back panel. I cant remember if the sides were left loose or glued in to the back panel now... a little investigation needed there.
It does come apart quite easilly....

Thank you.
As it is working at the momentI will leave it alone for now.
It does live on top of one of my machiness so something may have shaken loose.

The clock is now working.
I received a replacement SD card from Paul this morning. I also bought a replacement pi as I have read on the internet that the card readers have been known to become faulty.
I bought a like for like pi 3 model B+. When I asked Paul if I could have got away with a pi 4, his answer was no as this file will not work with a pi 4.
The old pi would not read the new card.
The new pi would not read the old card.
I am thinking that having the clock sat on top of a machine has damaged the reader/card with the vibration from nudging of the machine.
Looks like I need to put up a shelf.

Hi all, I have a mark 1 DMD Clock for sale, I think the SD card might need re-flashing as sometimes the animations get a little mixed up
Clock element and display all working as it should
Photo taken in bright sunlight… I can take another when it gets a bit darker if needed !

Maybe £100 plus shipping… if anyones interested please pm me

IMG_5666.jpeg

Hi all, I have a mark 1 DMD Clock for sale, I think the SD card might need re-flashing as sometimes the animations get a little mixed up
Photo taken in bright sunlight… I can take another when it gets a bit darker if needed !

View attachment 243907
PM'd

@Paul is the original Mono SD card image available anywhere still please mate? Cheers

I have the mk2 DMD clock fully colourised never taken out of its delivery packaging.
After moving house and losing my games room it’s not been needed.
Id let it go for what I paid plus the postage if anyone is interested.
D.

@Paul don't think you saw my previous request, please can you let me know if the image for the original mono DMD is available anywhere online. Thank you
I bought this from Iain, and the transition animations aren't smooth so hopefully a re-flash will do the trick.

EDIT:- I've trawled through the original 2016 threads, and the firmware links no longer work even via wayback machine's assistance, sadly
https://rundmdimage.wordpress.com/

B134 was the last update possibly?
The firmware on this is v3.51 with B134

EDIT EDIT: I may have found what I need
https://swinks.com.au/manuals

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom