What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

Then you need to cut out with a sharp pair of quality cutters ( I've used scissors and found that easier but have to be a good quality) then file down till happy. Dot punch where you require the holes and either punch out or drill. Once done you can blue the metal .

Then you need to cut out with a sharp pair of quality cutters ( I've used scissors and found that easier but have to be a good quality) then file down till happy. Dot punch where you require the holes and either punch out or drill. Once done you can blue the metal .
ok will give it a go !!!

Well I have been playing with flaps all day !!! quite a challenge but they have come out ok not perfect but a vast improvement on how they were. I made them all 1mm longer to hide any marks on the playfield.

Think from this shot you can see why they have rusted so bad. Looks like they had water actually behind them at some point!!

IMG_1165.JPG

Here is the first one I made
IMG_1161.JPG IMG_1163.JPG
And all the others
IMG_1166.JPG IMG_1167.JPG IMG_1168.JPG

Just need some kind fella to rivet them for me now @replicas eh ????;)

Cheers Kev

Attachments

• IMG_1164.JPG
    IMG_1164.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 6
I can rivet them for you buddy. Or if you're coming down to 8bitflip I will bring the press and rivets to the show and you can do them there.

Ramps all stripped and had initial clean ready for riveting. Daz @replicas yeah if you can take the press to 8 bit flip we can just do them there. They are a bit big and fragile for a return post trip I think!! Could of done with them quicker as I am going to lose a month but at least I can start on the head.

Cheers Kev

Here is just one of them before and after
IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1189.JPG

So 8bitflip it is then unless something crops up where it can be done sooner.

It always amazes me just how nicely most ramps clean up.
HI Andrew,

Yeah considering how bad they were with a lot of elbow and novus they come pretty good !!!

Here is a pic of another before and one of all of them done

IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 7
Playfield about as done as it can be now until I get the ramps riveted at 8 bit flip. Installed all the new flashlamp holders today and put the LED flashlamps in (waiting for towers to arrive)

So here is a couple of pics of back and front until I get the ramps done to finish it off. Will be moving onto the head next .

Looking a little better than it did at the start !!!

IMG_1195.JPG IMG_1198.JPG

You've done a cracking job bringing this back from the grave.
Not a lot of people would have even thought about restoring this, just goes to show nothing is impossible.
Well done buddy great to see a pinball saved and you certainly saved this Demo Man. Another machine kept alive for future generations to enjoy.
:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap:

You've done a cracking job bringing this back from the grave.
Not a lot of people would have even thought about restoring this, just goes to show nothing is impossible.
Well done buddy great to see a pinball saved and you certainly saved this Demo Man. Another machine kept alive for future generations to enjoy.
:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap::D:clap:
Thanks Daz - and it could only have been done with the help and generosity of people on here - you know who you are ;)

Really looking forward to doing the head and the cab next as the playfield has took for ever !!!!

Cheers Kev

ok moved to head and cab today - the head is shot as is the cab

IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG

Boards are surprisingly mint !
IMG_1225.JPG
Same cant be said for the lower corner brackets !!!
IMG_1230.JPG IMG_1231.JPG
Stripped boards out and interesting rotten wooden gunk on the back board
IMG_1233.JPG

Everything out and it looks like it was one of Lenc Smith's
IMG_1234.JPG IMG_1235.JPG

And finally ready to go to the skip - sorry Lens Smith !!!

IMG_1242.JPG

Stripped the cab bare and the metal work in there was even worse than head

IMG_1207.JPG IMG_1207.JPG IMG_1249.JPG IMG_1250.JPG IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1260.JPG

Steel work all cleaned up now and ready for Zinc plating

Cab also meet its demise - it just fell to bits!!

IMG_1255.JPG

Transformer bolts sheared off again when trying to remove it - anyone know where you can get these from ?

CHeers Kev

Attachments

• IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 15
Mate I got some new transformer bolts metric size a tiny tiny bit thinner. I had to as my new ft cab didn't have any large t nuts in for the transformer so I got new metric t nuts and bolts. Bizarrely the slightly smaller t nuts have a bigger outter circumference so I had to enlarge the holes ever so slightly! I got them from a fixings place near where I live. It's great I there. I brought a few hundred different shape and size nuts and bolts and still only spent about £3!! Unfortunately I only got 4x transformer bolts. I may still have the old ones if you give me a day or so to check

Mate I got some new transformer bolts metric size a tiny tiny bit thinner. I had to as my new ft cab didn't have any large t nuts in for the transformer so I got new metric t nuts and bolts. Bizarrely the slightly smaller t nuts have a bigger outter circumference so I had to enlarge the holes ever so slightly! I got them from a fixings place near where I live. It's great I there. I brought a few hundred different shape and size nuts and bolts and still only spent about £3!! Unfortunately I only got 4x transformer bolts. I may still have the old ones if you give me a day or so to check
cheers bud that would be great - I need the original bolts as I am getting another cab which will have the original T-Nuts in

CHeers Kev

Any joy with the bolts @Spandangler ?

Cheers Kev

Hey Kev. Yeah sorry, was literally smashing the t nuts in as you text.
Manny sent me the original ones so you can have my new set mate. PM me your address and I'll send them.
You'll just have to whack the old ones out and enlarge the holes a smidge.

Been doing a lot more more metal bashing the last couple of days - going ok considering the state they were in

Leg plates before and after here
upload_2016-2-27_12-33-7.png
IMG_1263.JPG
And here is a shot of all the finished cab and head metalwork. A tad improved on how it was!!

IMG_1268.JPG

Cheers Kev

Manny sent me the original ones so you can have my new set mate. PM me your address and I'll send them.
Brill thanks man PM on way

Cheers Kev

Head all prepped and ready for decalling

IMG_1271.JPG

First decal on - gotta say for £90 these aren't bad at all and went on really nicely

IMG_1273.JPG

And 2nd
IMG_1274.JPG
decal all trimmed and white cut edge painted in
IMG_1275.JPG

Finally all the boards and hardware back in - looking a tad fresher than before!!!

IMG_1276.JPG

Remember these !!!
IMG_1257.JPG

That's it on the head for now - replacing the speaker panel next - this one is totally water logged

IMG_1277.JPG

Cheers Kev

Massive big up for @Big Phil for driving to hartlepool today at 7:30am this morning and picking up my ramps to take to Daz @replicas who then riveted then for me, and then Phil even brought them back to me tonight !!!

Astonishingly good lads for doing this for me can't thank you enough again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::D

Cheers Kev

IMG_1278.JPG

Bolts arrived @Spandangler - thanks again buddy

Kev

Back
Top Bottom