What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

Next bits purchased for the DM Got these off Ebay from the croation guy - good price just hope they are ok - anyone fitted any of his yet ?

View attachment 26515

Cheers Kev
I won a set for Indiana Jones this afternoon. I've never done a cab before but I reckon if I'm going to make a bat's **** of it I'd rather it cost me £90 than £250. :cool:

I won a set for Indiana Jones this afternoon. I've never done a cab before but I reckon if I'm going to make a bat's **** of it I'd rather it cost me £90 than £250. :cool:
Hi Andrew,

You won a set?? well done!! - the thing is I reckon they will be a complete twat to put on! the 2nd gen decals are so much thicker and easier to handle than these probs will be, especially if it is the first time you have attempted it.

If you need any advice give me a shout - (says he who has only done it 5 times!) Plenty of guys on here with more experience than me if you need it bud

Cheers Kev

My fishtales went on well apparently. Just some slight registration issues around the start button with the yellow circle. Had to have it top dead centre as opposed to dead centre. Quality was good. Maybe lacking vibrant colours as the official ones.

Hi Andrew,

You won a set?? well done!! - the thing is I reckon they will be a complete twat to put on! the 2nd gen decals are so much thicker and easier to handle than these probs will be, especially if it is the first time you have attempted it.

If you need any advice give me a shout - (says he who has only done it 5 times!) Plenty of guys on here with more experience than me if you need it bud

Cheers Kev
You will have done yours well before I do mine Kev. So I will have your experience to fall back on. :thumbs:

My fishtales went on well apparently. Just some slight registration issues around the start button with the yellow circle. Had to have it top dead centre as opposed to dead centre. Quality was good. Maybe lacking vibrant colours as the official ones.
It's got to look better than a nearly white cab.

ah so that was yours that Manny did ?

You will have done yours well before I do mine Kev. So I will have your experience to fall back on. :thumbs:
I have just bought a set of these for the DM so lets see how they go on but it will be a couple of months yet I fear !!

Cheers Kev

I have just bought a set of these for the DM so lets see how they go on but it will be a couple of months yet I fear !!

Cheers Kev
I've got a new machine coming in with absolutely no room to put it.
I think a cab restore might be a tad optimistic for a while. :hmm:

Hi Guys,

Busy yesterday replacing numerous lampholders and nearly finished now. Came across a lot of rusty switch plates that needed plating so here is a video as promised. Not brilliant as just shot on my Iphone.

Here they are before pretty manky!!
IMG_1100.JPG

Here is a comparison - all done except one
IMG_1101.JPG

And here is the video

And here they all are complete - I did a couple of them again as wasn't happen with finish

IMG_0921.JPG

Any questions please feel free to ask

Cheers Kev

So lots and lots of work today. Now finished putting all new lampholders on the table, apart from the #89s which I am waiting to arrive. Mounted the pop spoon switches,solenoids and pop rings, but one of the thread sheared off
(looking for a spare one if anyone has one!) so will have to re-visit this later.

Here are the spoons polished up and the playfield as is now

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG

Cant get the rest of the mechs on playfield at the top end until it comes off rotisserie. getting the large centre mech back from the welders tonight so that will go on soon

Had a play with polishing after the zinc plating just to see what the results would be like and they are stunning !!!

Check these pics out

chunk of steel one side plated and un-polished the other mirror finish!!!
upload_2016-2-12_18-1-30.png

Yes that is me taking the pic in this one!!!
IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1113.JPG
this is what they looked like at the start!!!
PB300439.JPG

and also did the arm of the cryoclaw - wow!!!!

upload_2016-2-12_18-5-33.png

That's it for today folks

Cheers Kev

Attachments

• IMG_1114.JPG
    IMG_1114.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 7
Cheers Kev

holy crap, this gets my vote for pinballinfo instructional video of the year, that was wicked Kev. all that bubbling. and the blue .... passivate? i have no idea what was going on but it went from manky to shiny in no time. and you could really see the rust flying off into a cloud of inhalable dust on that wheel thingy too

Kev. Give me a nudge tomorrow and I will see if I still have a pop ring. I know I did have three and one was broken. I'm sure I still have the other two.

Kev. Give me a nudge tomorrow and I will see if I still have a pop ring. I know I did have three and one was broken. I'm sure I still have the other two.
Hi Andrew if you have one that would be brill costs me more for postage from PH than the bloddy ring is worth!!!

Cheers Kev

Back
Top Bottom