What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

finished the elevator today and the cryoclaw. polished the elevator after plating!!

IMG_1120.JPG

Also cleaned up the light boards - they were filthy!!!!
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG

Time to get some LEDs ordered !!

CHeers Kev

Hi Kev,

This is looking amazing! I keep saying it, but this is just like my current Corvette Resto now! My looked like it had been at the bottom of a swap like this!

Keep it up mate, fantastic project!

Dunc

Hi Kev,

This is looking amazing! I keep saying it, but this is just like my current Corvette Resto now! My looked like it had been at the bottom of a swap like this!

Keep it up mate, fantastic project!

Dunc
Know the feeling well Dunc cheers!!!

It's looking amazing! . How the hell did you have the audacity to attack this (previous) pile of crap? :)

I know your finishing off Led's on their way :)

It's looking amazing! . How the hell did you have the audacity to attack this (previous) pile of crap? :)

I know your finishing off Led's on their way :)
Its been struggle Dave, but thanks to the help of lots of people on here donating me parts it's slowly getting there!!!

When will you have your cool LED frosted type 44s back in stock ?

Cheers Kev

Thanks again Andrew, it has arrived today and will be on the machine this afternoon !!!

Cheers Kev
Good stuff. I left it in the hands of our shipping department so it comes as something of a surprise that it didn't take 3 weeks and arrive via Katmandu. :)

Its been struggle Dave, but thanks to the help of lots of people on here donating me parts it's slowly getting there!!!

When will you have your cool LED frosted type 44s back in stock ?

Cheers Kev
Shipment was meant to be here today. But just been told they not back to work until Wednesday after the Chinese New year. So I am pushing the thumb screws hard. 86Kg of Led's should soon be on their way :)

Shipment was meant to be here today. But just been told they not back to work until Wednesday after the Chinese New year. So I am pushing the thumb screws hard. 86Kg of Led's should soon be on their way :)
thats a lot of LEDs Dave !!!

Cheers Kev

PS forgot to put in the discount code again !!!!

thats a lot of LEDs Dave !!!

Cheers Kev

PS forgot to put in the discount code again !!!!

Oh and I forgot when my shipment comes I will have a really nice donation for you. But I am not going to tell you what it is. But don't screw the pop bumper caps back on:)

Oh and I forgot when my shipment comes I will have a really nice donation for you. But I am not going to tell you what it is. But don't screw the pop bumper caps back on:)
Thanks Dave - cant wait!!!!

Cheers Kev

Attention starting to turn to top of playfield now whilst waiting for my LEDs to arrive.

did a bit of cleaning first though - subway ramp before and after !!

IMG_1125.JPG IMG_1126.JPG

And car cover plastic

IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1128.JPG

Lots of steel back on playfield - starting to come together now. Cant wait to get the playfield finished so I can move onto the cab and head!!

IMG_1132.JPG IMG_1133.JPG

Cheers Kev

Kev. Got my Phos. Acid coming soon. How long you dip them for?
it depends on what it is - with fresh acid it can be rapid so be careful, but i put some lampholders in over night and it still hadn't removed all the rust. The acid does seem to neutralise fairly quickly, watch for the effervescence and judge it by that. All a bit hit and miss i'm afraid!!! dilute it 1:3 and remember, add acid to water, not the other way around.

Cheers Kev

The way I remember it is Acid to water = There is no slaughter
Water to Acid = The explosion is massive :)

Saved my life many times in the laboratory.

Decals finally arrived and they dont look too bad - cant wait to get them fitted now just need a cab to put them on @steve brum :) roll on 8bitflip !!!

Still I can crack on with the head whilst I'm waiting !

Cheers Kev
IMG_1135.JPG

More playfield progress. All the insert and GI LEDs are in now and plastics starting to go back on. Hard bit next is making some ramp flamps. Anyone any pointers on how to do make these ?

Cheers Kev

IMG_1160.JPG

Back
Top Bottom