What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

All the plastic posts back on now awaiting a shipment of bits from pinball Heaven

IMG_0992.JPG

Cheers Kev

Brill. Do you have any photos of the paint touch ups you did on the pf?

Fantastic work Kev and do my eyes deceive me or is that a BSD in the background!!!! You're a pinball restoration machine you sir :clap:

Fantastic work Kev and do my eyes deceive me or is that a BSD in the background!!!! You're a pinball restoration machine you sir :clap:
Thanks man and yes that is my new BSD trying to sort Mist issues with it at the moment. Next to that is a Dr Who I am repairing on behalf of someone else!!

Cheers Kev

Brill. Do you have any photos of the paint touch ups you did on the pf?
@astyy I cheated a bit as could not match the colours at all for the orange, so put white flashes on and unless you know, it looks like it should be there - see the fortress multball insert and the museum multiball in the pics above - do you notice before I told you ???

Cheers Kev

Little bit of progress today cable loom upstands on and I managed to fix the fixing for the steel where it broke off - you can see it has been polsihed and now back on tabel

Cheers Kev

IMG_0993.JPG IMG_0994.JPG

do you notice before I told you ???
Not at all improvising is a great idea, it seems that matching colours is a tough job even black and white. Have you read that Vector high-end refurb log from the guy in the US? - he painted over an area of small lettering because it was too hard to reproduce, that gives me hope yet.

Not much been happening recently due to cold weather, but today I have re-fitted the wiring loom and started the tedious process of replacing all the lamp holders. Got to start to clean up all the switch and targets etc as rust as F*^%$ !!!

IMG_0999.JPG

Cheers Kev

As always looking good Kev.
Hope this will be done and finished for NERG. Wil be great to see it and play some games on something that could have been skipped or parted out.
Respect to you sir for saving this underrated classic machine.

As always looking good Kev.
Hope this will be done and finished for NERG. Wil be great to see it and play some games on something that could have been skipped or parted out.
Respect to you sir for saving this underrated classic machine.
Cheers Daz hoping it will be done for NERG, just depends how many more hurdles I hit and if I get the second hand cab in time.

Kev

Working my way up from bottom of playfield I next came to the sling switches and all the microswitch mounting plates, which you can see from previous pic and one below that are rusty as hell !!!

IMG_1004.JPG IMG_1007.JPG

Even these screws sheared off !!!

Anyway I decided to have a go at Zinc plating myself, so I de-rusted these the best I can and plated them, and here are the results

IMG_1011.JPG

Not bad at all even if I say so myself!!! you can still see the pitting on the smaller switch mounts, but the one one the right you can see has come up perfect. AT least these these shouldn't rust again now zinc plated.

Pretty good for first attempt and a bit more tweaking to do yet.

Had a good at a really bad leg bolt without any prep at all one opn left is what it looked like before I plated it. The black marks are polish off the buffing wheel that I haven't got out of the pitting yet - not rust

IMG_1006.JPG

Wonder how this lot will come out LOL !!!!

IMG_1009.JPG

Cheers Kev

Attachments

• IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 11
I certainly am! Got a hotel booked for Saturday and Sunday. May have space to chauffeur you. It's the least I can do for you.
I need to go in my own car anyway mate as picking a cab up for the DM funnily enough!!!!

Cheers Kev

Really impressed with the home nickel plating Kev - I'll add this to my list of things to learn. In the eBay listing they say you can coat non-metal parts by spraying with metallic paint first, that's an interesting option if the results are good.

Really impressed with the home nickel plating Kev - I'll add this to my list of things to learn. In the eBay listing they say you can coat non-metal parts by spraying with metallic paint first, that's an interesting option if the results are good.
yeah its clever stuff @astyy and results are really good - I haven't even tried to polish those switch plates especially the good one - I reckon you could get a near mirror finish on it and it's Zinc !!

Cheers Kev

So got the zinc coated switch plates back on the bottom half of the playfield as you can see from the pic below - look a lot better than before!!

upload_2016-1-30_19-12-12.png

And in answer to the early pic of the 3 slings, here are two I have rebuilt and zinc plated all the parts, and one in the foreground yet to be done. I think you will all agree the zinc plating has made a massive improvement!!!

IMG_1018.JPG

First one below I plated (note coil is on upside down) just to show the finish a bit better

IMG_1016[1].JPG

Cheers Kev

Finished the sling mechs today and did the ball eject mech next

Before
IMG_1021.JPG

and after cleaning and plating!!
IMG_1025.JPG

This bad boy is for it next

IMG_1019.JPG IMG_1020.JPG IMG_1023.JPG

Wait for the next installment to see the results!!

Cheers Kev

Back
Top Bottom