What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery and vat prices up PS Aus

Seems same in the uk too I see pinball mania only selling to uk now probably not worth the hassle with paper work for a £10 order
But if you voted leave then you can’t moan you got what you want and at least there is no 25% tariff on pinballs

All that people need to do is to get group buys organised for overseas sellers to reach the min order.
Could even start a thread for this , people can add to the order until the min order price is reached.
Then ship to whoever buys the most then distributed from there.
I'm sure it can be made to work quite easily to get around this problem.
Also dont forget the UK pinball supplier can get loads of stuff in for you if they don't have what you want in stock then ask them first.

All that people need to do is to get group buys organised for overseas sellers to reach the min order.
Could even start a thread for this , people can add to the order until the min order price is reached.
Then ship to whoever buys the most then distributed from there.
I'm sure it can be made to work quite easily to get around this problem.
Also dont forget the UK pinball supplier can get loads of stuff in for you if they don't have what you want in stock then ask them first.

But isn't that a bit backwards? What happens when it isn't pinball parts and other things? Do we all need to join loads of different forums to create huddle groups to do orders from outside of the UK and distribute?

Where's all this tarriff free trade that Brexit promised? Where the **** is it?

Look at the fishermen and farmers, they all voted to leave and are now literally being murdered by the deal that's in place.

If you voted leave surely you voted because you believed in a better UK and a better system for global trade - this isn't it, the deal is ****ing crap.

But isn't that a bit backwards? What happens when it isn't pinball parts and other things? Do we all need to join loads of different forums to create huddle groups to do orders from outside of the UK and distribute?

Look at the fishermen and farmers, they all voted to leave and are now literally being murdered by the deal that's in place.

If you voted leave surely you voted because you believed in a better UK and a better system for global trade - this isn't it, the deal is ****ing crap.
Whining about it won't help matters, Yes it's crap but if you want something from a overseas seller and you can't get said item from one of the UK suppliers then where does it leave you ?
Pardon me for trying to suggest a solution.

Do you know how it differs from one region to another? Is it just in software or is there a hw component? I guess the PSU is different but that's another part.

They should have voted remain then
On a trade thing would you rather deal with the Hugh market of Europe that we used to be in or a small island stuck on the side of it
We have very little to offer in trade we do not manufacture stuff all big uk company s are owned by people overseas even British Gas is mainly Chinese

Whining about it won't help matters, Yes it's crap but if you want something from a overseas seller and you can't get said item from one of the UK suppliers then where does it leave you ?
Pardon me for trying to suggest a solution.
Your suggestion was rubbish though, I understand you're trying to help but the issue isn't pinball parts, it's trade from overseas businesses to people like us under £135 on absolutely anything. The issue is It's not just pinball parts.

Let's all find five people to club together to do an order hoping on different forums to club together rather that just clicking on an online shop or an app on my phone and spending 45 seconds ordering something, sounds amazing, life improvement for sure :)

It feels like the shops all being closed Sunday. It feels like only having three bladdy TV channels. It feels like having dial up internet.

I just don't get it, it's completely crap. It's a step backwards.

Let's hope it gets better huh!

Sent from my Atari 2600

honestly. this thread just reminds me why this country is going down the ****ter - just a country of moaning asshats. I've ordered loads of parts since new year:

Cliffies - No problem
Mezel - No problem
KDS Stern EU - No problem
weekly - no problem
Marco - no problem
mirko playfields - no problem
pinball life - no problem
comet - no problem
titan - no problem.

PU Parts - no shipping - their loss -> others get the dough

honestly. this thread just reminds me why this country is going down the ****ter - just a country of moaning asshats. I've ordered loads of parts since new year:

Cliffies - No problem
Mezel - No problem
KDS Stern EU - No problem
weekly - no problem
Marco - no problem
mirko playfields - no problem
pinball life - no problem
comet - no problem
titan - no problem.

PU Parts - no shipping - their loss -> others get the dough
So pleased you can continue to buy in a limited fashion and can rub yours hands together in glee at purchasing foreclosured properties.

For others limitation to purchase is actually an issue, as it's all the small businesses that will suffer here.

But you just keep doing you. As you always do it appears.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Nothing beats a rational argument! ;) [emoji16]
Was only pointing it out to let people know there is now a minimum order value or the shipping goes through the roof, went a bit sideways this one [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

For others limitation to purchase is actually an issue, as it's all the small businesses that will suffer here.
Not sure I understand your logic on how small businesses suffer exactly, at least not in the UK. This system has been put in place to prevent UK businesses from being disadvantaged by competition from VAT free imports (as well as closing a loophole for the treasury.)

Business to business sales not exceeding £135 in value will also be subject to the new rules. However, where the business customer is VAT registered in the UK and provides its valid VAT registration number to the seller, the VAT will be accounted for by the customer by means of a reverse charge. (Copied from https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...s-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021)

Reverse charge VAT is how goods imported from the EU have been accounted for as long as I can remember so in reality very little has changed for small businesses. (Coming from the owner of a small business that has just received a consignment without issue from the EU this week.)

If you want to import consignments from anywhere in the world valued less than £135 without issue then start a VAT registered business, import the goods and then sell them to yourself at cost. It costs £12 to incorporate a company with Companies House online, and then £13 a year to file a company return, barely more then you would of paid Royal Mail etc for a single import in admin fees! Import 2 items in a year and you've actually saved money. Otherwise I'm sure there are plenty of small businesses in the UK that will source what you want if you ask them.

Last edited:
Heres' some REALITY from a uk business that exports 99% of its products and is trying to keep going and still remain in business!. All my sales exports since 1st jan are delayed and taking ages to be delivered to their customers. And this isnt just parcels going to the eu. This is EVERYTHING, going to the usa, canada, australia, norway etc And i purposefully switched to a large main player courier in the hope they would have more clout and resources to get passed all the red tape bs, seems not..

The image below is just the tip of the iceberg. Some parcels are just stuck from 9th jan with no updates....

See here.

IMG_8509.JPG

Frictionless trade, what a load of .....

What additional red tape was introduced for export to the USA, Canada, Australia etc? Not questioning what you're saying, I'm curious and just don't know.

Most of the discussions have been about IMPORTING from outside the UK (Including the EU) and additional VAT registration/collection burden on ALL those countries, and the effect it is having on buyers in the UK.

What additional red tape was introduced for export to the USA, Canada, Australia etc? Not questioning what you're saying, I'm curious and just don't know.

Most of the discussions have been about IMPORTING from outside the UK (Including the EU) and additional VAT registration/collection burden on ALL those countries, and the effect it is having on buyers in the UK.

I have no frikin idea and 'in theory' it should not have made any difference, but i am talking about REALITY and what i'm facing here, not theory..... If i cant ship things reliably and on time then what the **** am i supposed to do.....

Hopefully majority of delays reflect temporary dislocation as new practices bed down but doubtless some inadvertent side effects if resources get tied up with sorting out new arrangements, plus it would surprise me a bit if staff shortages due to covid aren't playing a role with delays especially with the USA which seems to have been hit very hard.

Back
Top Bottom