What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Data East Star Wars

Just a heads up @MikeM you’ll need to make a £10 site donation first before posting up a wanted ad.

Personally I’d value the transformers le at 5500ish and maybe up to 6k absolute max if it was mint and had some extras (topper colourdmd) I’ve owned one in the past and is a decent enough game in a bigger collection but not sure it would have longevity if an only pin. Decent theme. I now own a pro version but it’s not currently in my lineup at home.

Don’t dismiss the stern dmd era games there are some great pins in that era. Worth a mention are walking dead, ghostbusters, xmen, Batman dark knight, Spiderman,
I would say you have a healthy budget to find a decent pin that you will love. Like Vivienne said get a wanted ad up and see what you get offered. If you are unsure of value of stuff that you are offered just ask on the ‘what’s it worth thread’ or drop me a pm.

Can the chat that isn’t related to the pin that’s for sale toddle off elsewhere please? I’m hoping to get a DE SW at some point and every time this gets bumped I keep being reminded that I can’t stump up £3.5k at the moment!

Can the chat that isn’t related to the pin that’s for sale toddle off elsewhere please? I’m hoping to get a DE SW at some point and every time this gets bumped I keep being reminded that I can’t stump up £3.5k at the moment!
Sorry. I'm hoping Mike will start a separate thread and we can give advice there :)

@Jmac is right. Stern DMD pins from 2010 onwards include a lot of strong titles, e.g. Iron Man, Tron: Legacy, AC/DC, Metallica (not in your budget), Star Trek, The Walking Dead, Ghostbusters and Game of Thrones (Prem only - the Pro is terrible IMO). There was almost a decade 1999 to 2007 that was mostly misses with few hits.

@MikeM I know of a transformers pro for sale… playing nicely, within your budget. Welcome to come play it and see what you think.

Last edited:
Just a heads up @MikeM you’ll need to make a £10 site donation first before posting up a wanted ad.

Personally I’d value the transformers le at 5500ish and maybe up to 6k absolute max if it was mint and had some extras (topper colourdmd) I’ve owned one in the past and is a decent enough game in a bigger collection but not sure it would have longevity if an only pin. Decent theme. I now own a pro version but it’s not currently in my lineup at home.

Don’t dismiss the stern dmd era games there are some great pins in that era. Worth a mention are walking dead, ghostbusters, xmen, Batman dark knight, Spiderman,
I would say you have a healthy budget to find a decent pin that you will love. Like Vivienne said get a wanted ad up and see what you get offered. If you are unsure of value of stuff that you are offered just ask on the ‘what’s it worth thread’ or drop me a pm.
I've done the donation and will post a 'Wanted' ad later.
Thanks for your help.

A couple of comments.
Yes, DE SW is limited. It’s all about theme. I believe most games in a small collection have a life span and then need to be moved on. No problem reselling SW.
Transformers. Probably the one Stern with the most maintenance issues. Doesn’t seem that easy to sell. Would have to be well priced to consider.

What are your thoughts on a Family Guy at £5,000. I've actually played this pin and loved it but struggled to find a good one.

Thanks
Mike

If its in decent condition and you will have it by christmas as you wanted then price is fine.

Look at it this way, if you paid £5000, and sold it for £4500 so £500 loss, will you have £500 worth of entertainment out of it?

OIthers might disagree but within reason dont see the point in obsessiing over the price if its the right machine, right time, right place.

Every other hobby i have had, i never really saw any return in the money i put into it.

With pinball even if you take a 20-30 % loss, if youve had your fun with the machine then so what?? its a massive chunk of money back.

Go have a look at the family guy and if its in decent nick then take it. Personally i like the game but only played it on a virtual machine.

If its in decent condition and you will have it by christmas as you wanted then price is fine.

Look at it this way, if you paid £5000, and sold it for £4500 so £500 loss, will you have £500 worth of entertainment out of it?

OIthers might disagree but within reason dont see the point in obsessiing over the price if its the right machine, right time, right place.

Every other hobby i have had, i never really saw any return in the money i put into it.

With pinball even if you take a 20-30 % loss, if youve had your fun with the machine then so what?? its a massive chunk of money back.

Go have a look at the family guy and if its in decent nick then take it. Personally i like the game but only played it on a virtual machine.
That's exactly hiw I feel. Sold my first pin 4 years ago (Corvette) which was absolutely mint. Was told it wasn't a good pin and did get bored quickly. Sold it for £500 profit, which was nice.
I want something I can keep this time, so want a pin by Xmas, but only if its the right one.
I've had nothing but great advice from all so far and really appreciate the posts.

Thanks
Mike

What are your thoughts on a Family Guy at £5,000. I've actually played this pin and loved it but struggled to find a good one.

Thanks
Mike
From experience with two family guy’s I’d check that Stewie is moving as that’s a pain you don’t want to start out with, and the rom is on V12. If not ask the seller to update via usb, I had a board that was stuck on V2.0 and would not update for love nor money.

I managed to get her down to £3,000 and picked it up before she changed her mind.
Really is in fantastic condition.
Just need the Darth Vader Topper to finish it off.
Wow well done how did you manage that? she was super firm at 3.5k when I spoke to her. Maybe needed the cash closer to xMas or something?

Back
Top Bottom