What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Data East Star Wars

Did this sell in the end? is the market showing resistance? :D 4k might be ebay prices if that's what the seller wants :)

It would have to be in fab condition for that price.
I tried to explain this but she was not having any of it LOL she will take it to her grave :D would not take a penny less then 3.5k

Nah not in person just from the photo's in this thread, and that aint a 3.5k starwars
I was going to buy the Bram Stoker that Dave from PinballDaze had up for sale, but it's not 'Family Friendly'. Would if scared the life out of my daughter lol.
Dave"s local to me, which was appealing but wasn't really what I wanted.
Desperately looking to find a good pin and have it before Christmas. I'm open to any suggestions, as I've no clue what's really a good pin to play.
I have a budget of £4,000, so if you hear of anything, please let me know.

Mike

Can you stretch to 5.5k for a really nice starwars & revenge from mars pinball 2000 :) not really looking to sell but will let go if interest.

Can you stretch to 5.5k for a really nice starwars & revenge from mars pinball 2000 :) not really looking to sell but will let go if interest.
The offer is really appreciated but my original budget was £3,000, so £4,000 is definitely my max.

Cheers
Mike

3.5k seems pretty close to being on the money for SW.
If it's a nice one, which I gather it is, I think 3 to 3.5 at a push is where it is. I have her contact details, so I will speak to her later?
The benefit also, is that it's only about 40 miles away, so I can get it picked up myself, as I'm sure Martin's busy....

If it's a nice one, which I gather it is, I think 3 to 3.5 at a push is where it is. I have her contact details, so I will speak to her later?
The benefit also, is that it's only about 40 miles away, so I can get it picked up myself, as I'm sure Martin's busy....
Yeah Martin is winding down for xMas now don’t think he’s taking any more collections this year.

If it’s working and in good physical condition, that would be a good price, project ones are going to be 2.5 plus, the fact it’s only 40 miles away is a godsend- it’s not like you’re travelling 200 miles and having to decide whether to overpay or come home empty handed.

Desperately looking to find a good pin and have it before Christmas. I'm open to any suggestions, as I've no clue what's really a good pin to play.
If you're desperate you can overpay a bit and take advantage of the fact it's local.

DESW has a great theme but to me it became boring pretty quick (1-shot wonder).

BSD has a much better gameplay in comparison. But the theme isn't as good.

DESW has a great theme but to me it became boring pretty quick (1-shot wonder).
My experience playing DESW at Pinfest is that the only saving grace is the theme. I wouldn't pay £3.5k for it. I currently have a PinBot that sold for £1.6k on here and it is a better game.
With a £3k budget, you're looking at middle-tier DMD-era games and very good System 11s. I, personally, would look for a good System 11 (e.g. Whirlwind, Space Station, Swords of Fury, High Speed, Pin*Bot, Taxi, Diner, Black Knight 2000, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Earthshaker).

For £4k, you're definitely in solid DMD-era territory and I'd look at Getaway High Speed II, Funhouse, White Water (might be too much), Judge Dredd, The Shadow, World Cup Soccer, No Fear: Dangerous Sports, Fish Tales, Jack*Bot.

BSD is a great choice, but you know your daughter better than I do.

In short, there are tens of games that are better than DESW. I literally didn't finish all three balls at Pinfest. Along with the Jetsons, it may be the worst pin I've ever played.

My experience playing DESW at Pinfest is that the only saving grace is the theme. I wouldn't pay £3.5k for it. I currently have a PinBot that sold for £1.6k on here and it is a better game.

With a £3k budget, you're looking at middle-tier DMD-era games and very good System 11s. I, personally, would look for a good System 11 (e.g. Whirlwind, Space Station, Swords of Fury, High Speed, Pin*Bot, Taxi, Diner, Black Knight 2000, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Earthshaker).

For £4k, you're definitely in solid DMD-era territory and I'd look at Getaway High Speed II, Funhouse, White Water (might be too much), Judge Dredd, The Shadow, World Cup Soccer, No Fear: Dangerous Sports, Fish Tales, Jack*Bot.

BSD is a great choice, but you know your daughter better than I do.

In short, there are tens of games that are better than DESW. I literally didn't finish all three balls at Pinfest. Along with the Jetsons, it may be the worst pin I've ever played.
Judge Dredd is a definite. Has anyone got one for sale?

Judge Dredd is a definite. Has anyone got one for sale?
Create a Wanted advert in the 'machines wanted' section (I think you need to pay a small donation to help the upkeep of the website?) :) Just create a title like "Want a new pin before Xmas!" and list every machine you might be interested in. See if someone private messages you offering one :)

If you're quite flexible, you can normally find something. You could even just be incredibly flexible write "PM me what you've got!" and see what you get offered. When I did that for a 'classic', I got offered this wonderful little Bally gambling pinball machine (Speakeasy) that I'd never heard about before, but was visibly absolutely wonderful, and the only reason I didn't go for it was because there was a luck element to the scoring, and my autistic son would have really hated it! If you get offered something unexpected, you can use the Internet Pinball Database and Pinside to find out more :)

Last edited:
Might be on the hunt in the new year for a nice RFM or AFM (if/when I've had my fill of Alien SV) - missed out on a very nice RFM a couple of months back due to being impatient and impulsive :excited

Create a Wanted advert in the 'machines wanted' section (I think you need to pay a small donation to help the upkeep of the website?) :) Just create a title like "Want a new pin before Xmas!" and list every machine you might be interested in. See if someone private messages you offering one :)

If you're quite flexible, you can normally find something. You could even just be incredibly flexible write "PM me what you've got!" and see what you get offered. When I did that for a 'classic', I got offered this wonderful little Bally gambling pinball machine (Speakeasy) that I'd never heard about before, but was visibly absolutely wonderful, and the only reason I didn't go for it was because there was a luck element to the scoring, and my autistic son would have really hated it! If you get offered something unexpected, you can use the Internet Pinball Database and Pinside to find out more :)
Thanks, it's appreciated.

Just been offered a 'Mint" Transformers Limited Edition for £6300 delivered. Basically it's as new as one can be. Obviously I'd have to raid the piggy bank...
I just need someone to tell me it's a good price so buy it!

Just been offered a 'Mint" Transformers Limited Edition for £6300 delivered. Basically it's as new as one can be. Obviously I'd have to raid the piggy bank...
I just need someone to tell me it's a good price so buy it!
I don’t know much about Transformers (can anyone else jump in?), but it’s some way outside the Top 100 pinball machines of all time, and you could get a nearly-new Mando Pro for ~£6,500 - so, I wouldn’t go there, personally.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/transformers-(le)/ratings

[Transformers is #129 on the Top 100 and, although pins are somewhat subjective, they’re not *THAT* subjective].

Genuinely, put up a Wanted thread. Say you can go to £6.5k for the right pin. Use the forum search function to look for what pins went for in the past. As you don’t want a specific rare pin, don’t use a dealer because they overcharge. Pins are valued by desirability and age. Transformers is from the ‘dark age’ of pinball before JJP kicked Stern’s ass into gear, and there were only about two really good pins made in that era, so it’s not either desirable or new.

Pricing-wise, a good guide is:
  • Electromagnetic machine £400-900
  • Stuff that has something wrong (e.g. good pin with hard to find parts such as Zaccarias, terrible condition 80s Williams/Bally pin, 80s Gottliebs, or bottom 100 on Pinside for playability) £1,000 - £2,000
  • Good System 11 £2,000 - £3,000
  • Medium-tier Bally/Williams DMD-era pin, most Sega/Data East, really good 80s pins in good condition like Centaur £3,000 - £4,000
  • The rare good Sega/Data East like Tommy, good Bally/Williams DMD-era pins, Stern dark era pins, near-mint collectible 80s pins (e.g. a Centaur with a restoration job) £4,000-£5,000
  • Good Stern DMD pins (e.g. LoTR, Pinball Party), Bally/Williams classics, second-hand Stern Spike 2 LCD pros, most good Spooky pinball (e.g. Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle) £5,000-£6,500
  • Second-hand Spike 2 LCD Premiums, top-tier Bally/Williams era pins (e.g. Addam’s Family, AFM), the rare failure by JJP (Dialed In) £6,500-£10k
  • > £10k Medieval Madness, CGC remakes, most JJP pins, modern Spike 2 Stern Limited Editions and new Premiums, etc.
There were a couple of Spidermen for sale last week for £4.5k, which is a good price for a Stern dark-era pin. They’re very common (or, at least, they come up for sale a lot), and most people regard them as a great game (https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/nice-stern-spider-man.54595/#post-491368). I find Spider-Man a bit boring, and can’t stand the artwork, but that’s just me - I can see why other people like it.

By comparison, Spiderman is the 28th best pin of all time (not the 129th!):

Last edited:
I don’t know much about Transformers (can anyone else jump in?), but it’s some way outside the Top 100 pinball machines of all time, and you could get a nearly-new Mando Pro for ~£6,500 - so, I wouldn’t go there, personally.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/transformers-(le)/ratings

[Transformers is #129 on the Top 100 and, although pins are somewhat subjective, they’re not *THAT* subjective].

Genuinely, put up a Wanted thread. Say you can go to £6.5k for the right pin. Use the forum search function to look for what pins went for in the past. As you don’t want a specific rare pin, don’t use a dealer because they overcharge. Pins are valued by desirability and age. Transformers is from the ‘dark age’ of pinball before JJP kicked Stern’s ass into gear, and there were only about two really good pins made in that era, so it’s not either desirable or new.

Pricing-wise, a good guide is:
  • Electromagnetic machine £400-900
  • Stuff that has something wrong (e.g. good pin with hard to find parts such as Zaccarias, terrible condition 80s Williams/Bally pin, 80s Gottliebs, or bottom 100 on Pinside for playability) £1,000 - £2,000
  • Good System 11 £2,000 - £3,000
  • Medium-tier Bally/Williams DMD-era pin, most Sega/Data East, really good 80s pins in good condition like Centaur £3,000 - £4,000
  • The rare good Sega/Data East like Tommy, good Bally/Williams DMD-era pins, Stern dark era pins, near-mint collectible 80s pins (e.g. a Centaur with a restoration job) £4,000-£5,000
  • Good Stern DMD pins (e.g. LoTR, Pinball Party), Bally/Williams classics, second-hand Stern Spike 2 LCD pros, most good Spooky pinball (e.g. Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle) £5,000-£6,500
  • Second-hand Spike 2 LCD Premiums, top-tier Bally/Williams era pins (e.g. Addam’s Family, AFM), the rare failure by JJP (Dialed In) £6,500-£10k
  • > £10k Medieval Madness, CGC remakes, most JJP pins, modern Spike 2 Stern Limited Editions and new Premiums, etc.
There were a couple of Spidermen for sale last week for £4.5k, which is a good price for a Stern dark-era pin. They’re very common (or, at least, they come up for sale a lot), and most people regard them as a great game (https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/nice-stern-spider-man.54595/#post-491368). I find Spider-Man a bit boring, and can’t stand the artwork, but that’s just me - I can see why other people like it.

By comparison, Spiderman is the 28th best pin of all time (not the 129th!):

If I could find a Mano for £6000/£6500 I'd but it.
I'm really greatly for all the help and advice from everyone. You just need to now find me a pin before I go mad! Really would like one before the 21st December. Come on guys, I'm sure you can help me out?

Many thanks to all.

If I could find a Mano for £6000/£6500 I'd but it.
I'm really greatly for all the help and advice from everyone. You just need to now find me a pin before I go mad! Really would like one before the 21st December. Come on guys, I'm sure you can help me out?

Many thanks to all.
Put up an advert ☺️ No one is going to read this thread unless they’re interested in a DESW or they’re gauging prices for lower-tier DMD pins (as I am currently). If you put up an advert, anyone with a pin to sell will see 😀

Put up an advert ☺️ No one is going to read this thread unless they’re interested in a DESW or they’re gauging prices for lower-tier DMD pins (as I am currently). If you put up an advert, anyone with a pin to sell will see 😀
I'm still trying to get to grips with the site, to be honest lol.

I'm still trying to get to grips with the site, to be honest lol.
Go here:

At the top of the page there's a box to start a thread. Click on 'No Prefix' and selected 'Wanted' (it's blue). Fill in with your 'A pin for Xmas!!!' heading.

You should then get a text box to fill with your advert :)

If someone sends you a message, it'll appear as a red icon in the folded envelope next to your name on the top right-hand-side of the website :)

Back
Top Bottom