What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creature from the Black Lagoon - Snack Bar help!

I got the part today (Fantastic service)

The bad news it’s not the correct part.

IMG-5201.jpg

I don't know if anyone would be willing to remove theirs for photos and measurements?

Here's ours before we got new rubbers. I used one of those plastic spacers used on lane guides temporarily which is why the plastics sitting a little higher.
Screenshot_20230419_112859_Photos.jpg

I'll try to get a photo of how it is with the rubber later

By this point, as long as the wear is stable, in home use a protector just covers it.
I wish I hadn’t fitted them to a few places on machines as it changed the shot.

Thanks for the advice, I did wonder what to do about that, I will look into a protector for now and maybe repair later since I’m sure I could make a good job with that.

looking forward to the photos.

This is what ours looks like. I could have cut the purple sleeve a few mm more really. So it's a bit squashed.
20230419_175958.jpg

I have no idea how mine was so "Not original" thanks for the pictures. I'm getting what everyone means now. I just need to find a spacer and a longer screw now.

Sorry to necrobump this thread, but need some help. Can anyone link me to the parts I need if possible, I feel like such a rookie!

20230419_175958.jpg

20230309_204226.jpg

That top pic is from our creech.

The screw is the same one that is already there. If missing, it's a machine screw, forget which thread size but a common machine screw for posts.

The rubber above the 'flower pot' rubber is just a spacer, originally it's a plastic spacer but I used a normal post rubber and cut it to size so it matched the flower pot rubber.
Just get another post sleeve rubber and cut it, it's cheaper than finding the white plastic spacer.

The plastic spacer is this one: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7973

From the parts list:

1717831041373.png

The screw will be a 6-32 thread; the one I have on mine is this, but other 6-32 will work.

But the spacer is only there to hold the flower pot rubber in place and does not add any height to the plastic.

Your problem may be that the plastic is not bending enough over the scoop. You need to heat up the plastic (I used a hot air paint stripper on low setting) and bend the plastic upwards so it fits over the scoop.

This is how it looks on mine but I am missing the spacer and also have a clear protector under the snack bar plastic.

Attachments

• 20240608_075601.jpg
    20240608_075601.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 12
But the issue that you have is that the switch needs adjusting. The switch should have a perfectly flat blade with no bends in it and you should be able to adjust it by loosening its 2 mounting screws, tilting it downwards at the front until you hear the click of the switch operating and then just tilt up slightly and retighten both screws.

... and adjusting the switch whilst it is in place is near impossible because the ramps and "sign board" plastic get in the way which is the reason why people resort to bending the blades instead.

Your problem may be that the plastic is not bending enough over the scoop. You need to heat up the plastic (I used a hot air paint stripper on low setting) and bend the plastic upwards so it fits over the scoop.
This was what I did when I replaced the plastic 12 years ago, it helps protect the plastic from getting hit by the ball. I've now replaced it with the snackbar mod but it was still on one piece when removed.

Thanks for the help, I ordered the bits because I'd like it looking cosmetically correct. The issue I have is that the plastics are not bending correctly so will try and warm the plastics up and so how it fits once I have the parts. Thanks for the tip about the adjusting the switch. I will see if I can locate the two mounting screws.

Back
Top Bottom