What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creature from the Black Lagoon - Snack Bar help!

K1ngArth3r

Registered
5Years
Alias
Tom-Tom
I’m looking to replace a damaged original snack bar plastic but the red dome seems to be secured pretty well and not sure how to remove to transfer to the replacement plastic.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5121.JPG
    IMG_5121.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5120.JPG
    IMG_5120.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Thanks a lot, I thought that was the case but wasn't 100% sure.

That Snackbar Mod looks awesome (and expensive!) Would love one though.

We've got a new snackbar plastic as part of a full set, also a new flasher dome. I just bolted the dome on temporarily as we were expecting Swinks' Snackbar soon after.

So if you'd like the plastic and dome I'm sure Claire/ @Lecari wouldn't mind selling it to you. Then you can decide to rivet it later!

That's kind of you, kind of wish I checked in here before ordering from Europe the other week.

I have a new reproduction plastic in, just been putting off taking off the dome and installing to the new piece in fear of buggering it up.

You can have mine if you like, I'd only ask you to cover postage costs, it's in good condition. Via a little heat it has been moulded around the scoop to protect it from ball strikes.

Its surplus as I have the Snack bar mod.

Attachments

• IMG_20230410_081648.jpg
    IMG_20230410_081648.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20230410_081700.jpg
    IMG_20230410_081700.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 28
The tabs on your dome plastic should be on the rear of the plastic not the top. Whoever rivited it on buggered up.

The tabs on your dome plastic should be on the rear of the plastic not the top. Whoever rivited it on buggered up.
😊 I never noticed that Daz lol.

It was long ago but I'm sure the plastic came with the dome fitted from a US supplier.

You can have mine if you like, I'd only ask you to cover postage costs, it's in good condition. Via a little heat it has been moulded around the scoop to protect it from ball strikes.

Its surplus as I have the Snack bar mod.

That's extremely kind of you! I'm a bit overwhelmed with the kindness of this forum to be honest :)

I actually ordered the spare part and have it here with me, so just need to do the transfer myself. I have a rivet gun so will attempt the surgery later this week. If somehow I mess it up I'll be sure to be in touch 👍

Just to make sure on reading rivet gun, these aren't pop rivets but "proper" ones, usually hollow steel. I can send you a few but you need the proper tools to set them.

Just to make sure on reading rivet gun, these aren't pop rivets but "proper" ones, usually hollow steel. I can send you a few but you need the proper tools to set them.
Oh, I might just have a cheap rivet gun with pop rivets. Right now I cannot find my gun, but did drill out the old rivets at least.

Thanks to drhex for helping me with the rivet work! Really hooked me up!

IMG-5164.jpg

I do think I'm missing something to mount the left hand side screw probably, it doesn't sit right with just a screw. Does anyone know what supposed to be there?

IMG-5169.jpg
IMG-5171.jpg
IMG-5174.jpg

If you mean it riding up on the scoop that is normal (it is what causes it to break). Think you canbend it up slightly by heating which will fix this.

If you mean it riding up on the scoop that is normal (it is what causes it to break). Think you canbend it up slightly by heating which will fix this.
Yep, on the scoop, there doesn't seem enough space for the switch to trigger. Like it should be on a raiser or something.

Last edited:
Ramp entry? That looks bent to me. Activated by the gate lifting the switch tab. Should work fine.

Yep, it's this bit.

The screw that holds the bumper in place was removed and reinserted to hold that part of the replacement piece in place.

When it's not screwed in it gives the trigger enough play to work, but with it screwed down it doesn't move at all if under the plastic or can sit on top and not function like it is in the picture. I'm just not sure how it supposed to sit since it's been broken since owning the machine.

IMG-5171.jpg

So it is tilting the plastic forward too much? If I remember this correctly, the plastic was riding on the scoop and that took the back edge down. But I sold mine ten years ago :). Does anyone have a photo?

snack bar.jpg

Mine was broken and have since replaced it with Swinks mod, but this was the pre strip down photo.

Looks like yours is missing the upside down ice cream cone rubber and the spacer on the post (white in this photo) so your plastic sits too low

I just used a sleeve rubber cut to size to replace the spacer. So much cheaper and matches the "ice cream rubber" colour so looks good.

'ice cream rubber' - I've only heard it being referred to as the 'flower pot rubber'

'ice cream rubber' - I've only heard it being referred to as the 'flower pot rubber'

Me too to be honest. But thought I'd go along with what was used to describe it.

We currently have a purple titan plant pot rubber with a titan purple post sleeve cut to be the spacer. 👌

Thanks again everyone, I've written a few stored asking for "Ice Cream Rubber" and "Flower Pot Rubber" let's see what comes back, I'm feeling hopeful. :D

Back
Top Bottom